MoliPlayer Pro, all-format local media player debuts on Windows Phone Store

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
hello :) bought Moliplayer a while ago when it was pretty much in the diapers to support the dev. Now I've come back to use it and faced some serious lag and stutter with MKV files. Using SW decoding (obviously) and a single subtitle - an anime episode JAP audio, ENG subs - is it just me or is everyone else ok?

(sorry for not checking all 12 pages - hard to do in stealth mode at work) ;)

FearL0rd

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
MoliPlayer Pro, a winner of the Best Apps Awards of 2013 from WP Store of Microsoft China, is an all-format local media player. Bringing to the WP platform the decoding power & user experience enjoyed by tens of millions of mobile users world-wide, MoliPlayer Pro plays videos and musics of all formats uploaded to the memory and SD card of your WP phone. It plays rmvb, mkv and avi files in addition to mp4 & wmv formats already supported by system player. It also plays lossless music formats like flac & ape. External subtitles formats like .srt, .a-ss, .ssa are supported as well. For a limited time only, MoliPlayer pro is available for $2.99, a 25% off the original price of $3.99. To get MoliPlayer Pro, visit
MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
View attachment 49072

Key features of MoliPlayer Pro:
1. Plays almost all VIDEO formats: avi, mkv, mp4, h.264, rmvb, wmv, flv, ts, m2ts, and vob. etc.
2. Plays almost all MUSIC formats: aac, mp3, ape, flac, and ogg etc.
3. Displays almost all SUBTITLES: embedded, separate, and from remote server: srt, ssa, and *.*** etc.
4. Support playback from PC/NAS/Wireless HD through DLNA/uPnP
5. Full 1080p MKV/M2TS video playback on all series of phones.
6. MANAGES videos & musics in folders
7. Support multiple sound channels
8. Support multiple subtitles
9. Support background lossless music playback
10. Manages, downloads, and plays videos from internet
11. Easy wireless video transfer from your PC browser in WiFi network.
12. FAST upload from PC to the camera roll of the internal storage and/or SD card.
13. Easy GESTURE control, pinching to zoom, swiping for volume, brightness, and FF/Rew
14. Support pass code protection at app start-up
15. Support deleting videos on the SD card.
16. Support UI languages in Arabic, Czech, English, French, German, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, and Turkish, thanks to the great support of MoliPlayer users worldwide.

View attachment 51152View attachment 51153View attachment 51154View attachment 51155View attachment 51156View attachment 51157

dlna feature is not working on 920 black

haydt1

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I've been using this since it came out. Trial then purchase and also in the preview program. The gesture volume control has not worked for a long time (since maybe the second update) and the battery consumption is horribe. They should fix the volume control or stop adverting that part.

dakshim

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Seriously wanted support for Playlists (not the one that shows up in moliplayer showing all songs of folder , but the ability to choose some songs from All songs and save them, in short support for .pla files )... there is alternative option to create Folder inside Moliplayer but no option to populate it with songs

Second , Is there way to show Album art associated with song in player instead of rotating disk

Lastly, What's the Difference in Trial version and Full version of Moliplayer Pro?

Hotrippr

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
hi this thread is already pretty long and i cant backread as of this time. i just want to ask if this can play the audio track from video files in the background while screen is off like mxplayer does in android? im asking cause i watch a lot of music videos and sometimes i just like to listen using the video files while the screen is off and i dont want to have separate mp3 copies of the music vids that i have coz that would consume too much space. thanks
I have tried to play video's audio in background but it doesnt work, I think it only works for music.

Anyone know of an app that can play video's audio in background, like Mx player in android? I wish the developers would just make MX player for WP!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Just purchased and installed MoliPlayer. I'm really glad to see that all the Videos and Songs on my SD card were detected automatically from different folders, without having to add individual folders. Good I don't need to rely on VLC player anymore. MoliPlayer has done the job for me.
I now need to explore all the functionality this app offers. Keep improving the app and providing frequent updates.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong or why I can't see videos copied from PC to the phone? I can see them through standard music+video app

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong or why I can't see videos copied from PC to the phone? I can see them through standard music+video app
If you have copied the videos to the phone internal memory, then you need to place them in the Camera Roll folder. I don' think you can place them anywhere else.
If you have transfered them onto your SD card, then it should be detected automatically.

Pavel_Y

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I copied .mkv file into camera roll folder but I can see only black screen while playing it. Also moliplayer shows that length of the file is about 10 minutes while in reality it is about 45 minutes. Any ideas what is wrong?

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I copied .mkv file into camera roll folder but I can see only black screen while playing it. Also moliplayer shows that length of the file is about 10 minutes while in reality it is about 45 minutes. Any ideas what is wrong?

maybe corrupted file, try creating a copy on PC and copying again

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
How can i connect Moliplayer to a DLNA device? I have a DLNA supported TV but i cannot see any setting from Moliplayer to connect to any DLNA device?

I don't think that is supported, because I tried myself.

It does work the other way around though : if you have a DLNA "SERVER" installed on the PC, then it does connect to that server automatically, but that enables wireless streaming TO the device, not FROM it.

wp_ss_20140209_0002.png

I use Mezzmo on the PC as a DLNA server to stream everything from the main PC to both TV and Phone...
As you can see it automatically connects to that server as it should, and streaming works amazingly well.

But in other words, Moliplayer can connect to a DLNA Server, but it itself cannot act as a DLNA server !!
So you cannot stream from Moliplayer to a TV, because none of them are actually acting as a server to stream from.

This is what most ppl get mixed up...

I don't understand why this isn't clearly mentioned by the dev ? This isn't the first time someone asks this question, so I felt compelled to answer.

akthelonelyman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
best video playing app on windows phone i think, but it can improve a lot when u compare to the options in ios.
played majority of videos on my 1520 smoothly but the app crashed and rebooted my phone when i tried to play a 1080p movie {pacific rim} . i thought first it was a problem with my sandisk sd card so put the video in internal memory and played it again and the phone got rebooted again.
tried it 4 times actually. the default video player played it smoothly.
so not totally happy with the app but its best u can get here.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12