06-12-2014 03:32 PM
30 12
tools
    Hi folks!

I and amnesia have made a new app called euroTRIP.

Here's the description:

euroTRIP app is a must have app when traveling around Europe. The app was designed with high roaming prices in mind. All the data is stored within the app, internet connection is not required. You will find a lot of information in the app, basic country info, emergency numbers, specific traffic laws and so on. If you're in a country and don't know what to check, you have a few top sights from every country, too.

Main app features:

- 52 European countries
    - traffic laws, speed limits, compulsory car equipment and documents, safety laws, etc.
    - emergency numbers (police, ambulance, fire brigade, towing services)
    - 5 most popular sights for every country
    - driving tips
    258x67_wp_store_cyan.png
    Last edited by Skynetz; 11-08-2013 at 10:42 AM.
    unstoppablekem, neo158 and dznk like this.
    11-08-2013 10:17 AM
    Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This will be a useful app for people traveling in Europe. Good luck with your app.
    unstoppablekem and Skynetz like this.
    11-08-2013 10:19 AM
    Thank you so much for developing for the windows phone community. We all appreciate it.
    Skynetz likes this.
    11-08-2013 10:22 AM
    Interesting app. Thnx for bringing the attention to WPC community. Would appreciate if I could try the app before buying it.
    11-09-2013 02:53 AM
    According to European Court of Jusice, "compulsory car equipment and documents" can have two meanings:
    1) this law is subscribed by all or mostly (depends) EU states, so you must have it
    2) local nation law, only for its citizens.
    For example: Germany and French (and, maybe, Austria) laws obly drivers to have afirst aid kit, but they are different so, you think, you must buy both.
    Really not: those laws are restricted only for local drivers.
    Another example: french bikers must have a visible helmet and wearing, but it's not for foreign bikers such as me.
    Yes, we need an Unique European Code for drivers: on law for all EU countries.
    11-09-2013 05:24 AM
    Interesting app. Thnx for bringing the attention to WPC community. Would appreciate if I could try the app before buying it.
    Thanks, I will try to add this feature in the future:)

According to European Court of Jusice, "compulsory car equipment and documents" can have two meanings:
    1) this law is subscribed by all or mostly (depends) EU states, so you must have it
    For example: Germany and French (and, maybe, Austria) laws obly drivers to have afirst aid kit, but they are different so, you think, you must buy both.
    Another example: french bikers must have a visible helmet and wearing, but it's not for foreign bikers such as me.
    Yeah, it would be good if all the EU countries would have the same laws, sadly they don't have it and I don't think this will change soon.
    11-09-2013 08:57 AM
    Yeah, it would be good if all the EU countries would have the same laws, sadly they don't have it and I don't think this will change soon.
    Agree, after all EU parlamient is killing our democracy.
    Being IT, i've a question to developer: app require connection for data or it's done for an offline use for traveller people?
    11-09-2013 12:08 PM
    Good question, look at the first screen of the app ;)
    11-09-2013 12:54 PM
    The app just got a new design, here are some new renders:

What do you think ?:)
    11-11-2013 08:25 PM
    Very, very nice design :)
    Skynetz likes this.
    11-12-2013 01:38 PM
    A short demonstration video:

11-12-2013 05:38 PM
    eurotrip 2.0 just went live in the store!
    11-14-2013 07:33 PM
    The app gone free and will stay free till tomorrow evening! Grab it while you can.
    jabba_29 likes this.
    11-25-2013 02:44 PM
    Scotty doesn't know! sorry, had to
    11-25-2013 02:50 PM
    Sound promising, downloading.
    11-25-2013 02:51 PM
    Good app with useful information.
    11-26-2013 02:50 PM
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
    11-27-2013 07:00 AM
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it.
    Just hoping that will in the future provide more content, downloadable of course.
    11-27-2013 08:43 AM
    Just hoping that will in the future provide more content, downloadable of course.
    Which content do you mean ?
    The point of the app is that you don't need an internet connection.
    11-27-2013 09:26 AM
    Like a value add content, 5 sightsee per country is not too much, then let say abilities to click on sightsee and then to open map with possibilities for navigation. Of course, downloadable content, value add content. If you want I would like to help with collecting and creating article, translating etc, at least for my country, Bosnia. App really promising.
    Cheers.
    11-27-2013 11:50 AM
    Like a value add content, 5 sightsee per country is not too much, then let say abilities to click on sightsee and then to open map with possibilities for navigation. Of course, downloadable content, value add content. If you want I would like to help with collecting and creating article, translating etc, at least for my country, Bosnia. App really promising.
    Cheers.
    You mean another 5 sights per country ?
    I will have this in mind, but there's a lot of work for this.
    11-28-2013 12:02 PM
    I was meaning downloading additional value add content from app for few bucks. Let say that I need to travel in Croatia, would be nice to be able to download related content just for Croatia for offline usage. Of course this need to be presented on proper way with bunch of data.
    11-28-2013 01:01 PM
    Version 2.1 is live in the store, with more detailed motorway tax info for some countries.
    12-02-2013 02:33 PM
    The design of this app is excellent. I really like it, especially having the information such as dialling codes, emergency numbers etc for each country. I just need to find some money to travel to some of these places ;) Anyway, thanks for making this for WP.
    12-02-2013 02:45 PM
    The design of this app is excellent. I really like it, especially having the information such as dialling codes, emergency numbers etc for each country. I just need to find some money to travel to some of these places ;) Anyway, thanks for making this for WP.
    Thanks, I'm glad that you like it.
    Also, thanks for the top paid!
    12-06-2013 07:35 AM
30 12