[FREE APP] Toilets Online - Official Thread

HG Software

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

today, I'd like to introduce to you my free augmented reality app Toilets Online. It lets you download nearby toilets/restrooms from OpenStreetMap via Overpass API and displays them in augmented reality, on the map or in a list. You may also get the directions to the toilets/restrooms using the Windows Phone directions function or any third party directions app.

OpenStreetMap is a great community-driven project that creates a complete map of the world that everyone can use and where everyone can contribute. I like this idea very much, so I decided to use this for my app. Unfortunately, data quality and coverage still varies much from region to region, but maybe you take the chance and contribute to OpenStreetMap if there is data missing in your region. :wink:

Although OpenStreetMap is used to get the POIs, the integrated map functionality of Windows Phone is used to display the map which lets you use downloaded maps on Windows Phone 8 and helps reducing internet traffic.

Screenshot1.png Screenshot2.png Screenshot3.png
Screenshot4.png Screenshot5.png Screenshot6.png

Some information for the technically interested readers: Toilets Online displays OpenStreetMap nodes and ways that have a tag amenity="toilets" attached and it displays information from the tags "name", "operator", "website" or "contact:website" or "url", "opening_hours", "wheelchair", "fee" and "note".

Download this app for free at http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=c0423f15-973d-4c55-869a-3a5dad8d42a4 or scan this code from your phone:

QRCode.png

I hope you enjoy this app and that it is useful for you. If you have some suggestions how this app can be improved, I would appreciate some feedback.

HG Software

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Version 2.4.0.1000 is in the store now which adds a privacy setting to disable the camera. Of course, the camera stream is never saved and never transmitted outside your device, but some people still feel uncomfortable having the camera enabled. Using this function, it is also easier to use this app in areas where usage of cameras might not be appropriate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb