[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

lhvalentim

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the room, .iso, put on internal memmory, then on sd, not recognized, converter to .bin, also not recognized. Does the only way to play is put to skydrive them download again? Kinda nonsense, what about for those like me who have not-so-fast bandwitch ??

Last edited:

lhvalentim

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Limitation on Microsoft's part.
So why the buttons to load from sd or internal if nether of them work? And the FAQ says it is possible to load from at least, sd... just weird...

But seems a pretty good app and I just have to thanks the developer :D
When I got time (and patience) I will try the skydivre thingy.....

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
It is published on WPStore:
EmiPSX | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Give your comments but take it easy with bad reviews ;), I'd not time to test it all so any feedback will be welcome.
I'll try to update it faster but my goal now is to increase compatibility.

I Know this version is a little slower than the last beta, I'm working on this too. Good new for fighting games fans, Tekken 3 is not hanging anymore (I've not tested the whole game). Bye for now.

PS: theres a error on default settings: CPU BIAS is default to 1. Change it to at least 2 or the game wil run slow to hell :grincry:.

Compatibility List thanks to all Beta Testers that help to fill it. If you want add a game please send PM.

Well,I downloaded this app and have a few issues with it,some the developer already knows:-
1-It has compatibility issues,out of 9 games I tried,only 2 worked.
2-Downloading BIOS does not make much of a difference.
3-When I press on "internal" button,the loading icon appears for a sec and then disappears and nothing happens(though the SD card storage works fine).
4-Game lags a bit.
5-The games do not delete even if I press long on the ROM and press the delete button,it still does not delete.

These are the only issues I found and I hope that they are fixed in the next update.I already used your "Emigens Plus" and it works fine,and I would also like to use this emulator.Anyways,thanks for the awesome effort and good luck in the next update!!I have rated it 4 stars in appstore but will change to 5 star once these issues are fixed :)

asylumxl

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Playing Gran Turismo with this. Memories! And we used to think the graphics were amazing...

Edit: I note on the night stages on GT. the fog shows with no transparency, but it's workable so nevermind.

Extra edit: Is there any way to import save games from elsewhere. I looked at the file in a hex editor to see if I could see where my games save starts but I don't have the patience! lol

Last edited:

Weazel_666

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Still having some trouble here also.
Also why on earth does it is take such a silly amount of drive to upload / download things from SkyDrive?!

Last edited:

TheWP8Blog

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Just bought the app and nothing works on it... (Lumia 925) I wanted to support the developer, but I want a working app atleast...
When I try to login to SkyDrive I get "Error! An error occured while retrieving the resource. Try again later"
When I try to download, the same and when I try to find the files I put on Internal storage with the button "Internal" on Roms page nothing happens, please wait comes up and dissappears after like 1 second...

Some had said that using SD card works, but Lumia 920, 925 and 1020 doesn't have SD card space... Also where exactly in the internal storage do you put the files?

cibo45

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I've downloaded both memcard files and save states from skydrive, but how do you actually get them to work with games? I can't see any option

Jessica Lares

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty surprised at how well it works on my 520.

I've tried

Tekken 3 (Very playable, the Round 1, Round 2, etc announcer lags a bit. He goes Round ... ... 1, and I doubt that was in the original, heh)
Pandemonium! (The smoothest one out of them all)
Dance Dance Revolution (You need to play with the settings as it moves very, very slowly, I'm having issues loading it again, seems to not see the BIOS for whatever reason the second go)
Tomba! (Works nicely)

Most problems might be related to the BIOS, so I recommend it.

I'll try some other tomorrow after class. Would be nice if it could play them right from the SD card as I only have 5GB to work with and most games are at least 300MB in size, but that's OK.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Ok,so I configured the settings and most games seem to be running pretty smoothly
1-Use BIOS(download to sd card and then copy to internal)
2-Frame skip:-Auto.
3-PSX CPU speed:-40%.
4-BIAS:-2.
Thankyou ANdre,I will update my rating to 5 star. :)

J Sime

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
So, I loved it. Thank you so much.
I'd like to report that I couldn't run games like Dino Crisis, Resident Evil and Megaman Legends.
You know most games dont run at 60 fps, but what is funny is that some games run over it (maybe a limitation could be included?)
Thank you again and I'll try some more games and maybe send a pm to report about compatibility! :D

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
You have roms? Fine, if its a BINs, just upload it into your phone in internal of SD card, if its an ISOs, you need to use SkyDrive to upload it here then download through your phone. BIOS must be called scph1001.bin. Locate and launch it as a regular game ROM.

Andre, people asks me why it`s no Windows Phone 7 version and no information about that. It would be great if you made a version for 512mb devices. And why your modified BIOS still inside the app? I think Sony will not happy about that and I wonder how did Microsoft allow sertification of that version of app. Anyway, it`s a great app. I`ll buy it tomorrow.

The emulator uses native code to run faster, it cant be coded for WP7 that doesnt support native code. There's not any BIOS inside the app, the PSX Bios must be dumped from a original PSX board to the memorycard and then copyed to the PC. The emulator uses Bios Emulation, that works fine but is not as good as the real BIOS( NFS3 is slow without the original bios and FFVIII cant read the memorycards).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel