07-08-2017 05:50 AM
483 12345 ...
tools
    Change the name of the games bin file inside emipsx by long tapping it and then it should work again
    Exactly, renaming worked for me as well. Sometimes it still doesn't work on first try, but just tapping again launches the game fine.
    11-18-2013 05:43 AM
    Attached is cbin utility, is a command line tool to compress image files. The compressed files gives a little performance drop.
    usage cbin.exe compressionlevel "gamename.iso" "compressedname.bin"
    compressionlevel is a number from 1 to 9.
    tested with bin, iso and img, may work with other formats.
    Attached Files
    thedarknight68 likes this.
    11-18-2013 10:20 AM
    Attached is cbin utility, is a command line tool to compress image files. The compressed files gives a little performance drop.
    Do you really think we need a performance drop?JK,it's an awesome emulator but will you be able to solve compatibility issues in next update(coz only 1 in every 4 games work) and when will it be coming???
    11-18-2013 10:29 AM
    The emulator runs almost perfect to me (every game I tried did work), the only issue is the noisy sound. I'm looking forward for an update that can fix that
    I bought the app to support you!
    11-18-2013 10:38 AM
    any news about n64 emulation, I'd love to play Super Mario 64: ....
    11-18-2013 10:43 AM
    The emulator runs almost perfect to me (every game I tried did work), the only issue is the noisy sound. I'm looking forward for an update that can fix that
    I bought the app to support you!
    Seriously??For me 6 out of 20+ games worked.. :o
    which worked for you and in which configuration/settings???
    Can you explain plz???
    11-18-2013 11:05 AM
    When I try gta 2 without bios the app just freezes and when I try it with bios the game loads up fine but I'm stuck at the main screen because the buttons don't work...
    11-18-2013 12:39 PM
    Seriously??For me 6 out of 20+ games worked.. :o
    which worked for you and in which configuration/settings???
    Can you explain plz???
    Alundra, Final Fantasy 8, Metal Slug, Digimon World 2003 and Xenogears (all of them were .bin files). I didn't touch the settings
    running on samsung ativ s
    11-18-2013 01:10 PM
    Spyro year of the dragon works great on 920 (bios enabled)
    11-18-2013 04:43 PM
    Alundra, Final Fantasy 8, Metal Slug, Digimon World 2003 and Xenogears (all of them were .bin files). I didn't touch the settings
    running on samsung ativ s
    yeah,Alundra worked for me as well,but I havennt played the other games in your list.
    For me,None of the 3 WWF games worked,nor brian lara cricket,or FIFA 2005,or Harry Potter 2,or GTA series or Dracula or Driver 2.
    The games which worked were Tekken 3,Silent Hill,Resident Evil2,Alundra,Persona 2,Driver
    Will try out Resident Evil and Resident Evil 3 tonight.
    11-19-2013 04:07 AM
    I'm having a problem, it's pretty awkward.
    I'm using a Lumia 920, when I download the game from skydrive, I can open it using IE, nice. But when I try to open the same game using the emipsx it just don't open.

Edit: It worked after I renamed the file, awwwkwaaard.
    11-19-2013 09:42 AM
    Do you really think we need a performance drop?JK,it's an awesome emulator but will you be able to solve compatibility issues in next update(coz only 1 in every 4 games work) and when will it be coming???
    I'm using just compressed files and can't notice any performance drop (maybe due to the power of SnapDragon ^^). It is just a tool to help, I'm not forcing you to use it.
    PS: Vagrant Story goes from 700MB to 150MB on compression level 1.
    11-21-2013 06:23 AM
    I'm using just compressed files and can't notice any performance drop (maybe due to the power of SnapDragon ^^). It is just a tool to help, I'm not forcing you to use it.
    I was just joking dude,I really like your emulator thought i would prefer more compatibility.Still,,I will download this cbin utility to check it
    11-21-2013 06:58 AM
    I feel that Vagrant Story plays little slower than it was on the beta. I`m not using any compression tools. Aslo, I have an update today with no changelog. What`s new?
    11-21-2013 07:31 AM
    I feel that Vagrant Story plays little slower than it was on the beta. I`m not using any compression tools. Aslo, I have an update today with no changelog. What`s new?
    I was just about to ask the same question :)
    11-21-2013 07:47 AM
    Just bugfix.
    11-21-2013 08:26 AM
    Just bugfix.
    Mr Andre,can you plz tell me that how to work these compression tools,because when I open the utility .exe ,a black screen appears for like a millisecond and then disappears,what should I do????
    11-21-2013 09:05 AM
    Thanks for the support Andre, purchased this and emigen. Only problem is I can't get Quake 2 to load. When I extracted the zip file, it contained two bin files and a .cue file (see pic below). I downloaded up all 3 but none want to load the game. It will go black for a second then go back to the app menu. Tried changing the name of the larger bin file, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any thoughts?

emipsx.jpg
    Last edited by Kage Maru; 11-21-2013 at 01:13 PM.
    11-21-2013 12:26 PM
    Just downloaded Quake 2 to my Lumia 820. Works pretty well, sometimes sound laggs a bit, but thats ok. I'm downloading roms from a torrent rutracker.org. Try to search roms there. They are not in a *.bin format, so I'm using UltraISO to convert them into bin. After convertition is complete there will be 2 files .bin and .cue. Just copy bin file, forget about cue. I'm not using BIOS. You should check it out!
    11-22-2013 04:05 AM
    Just downloaded Quake 2 to my Lumia 820. Works pretty well, sometimes sound laggs a bit, but thats ok. I'm downloading roms from a torrent rutracker.org. Try to search roms there. They are not in a *.bin format, so I'm using UltraISO to convert them into bin. After convertition is complete there will be 2 files .bin and .cue. Just copy bin file, forget about cue. I'm not using BIOS. You should check it out!
    Hey thanks for the tips. If there are two .bin files, which of the two should I copy to my phone?
    11-22-2013 08:09 AM
    It seems that some Playstation games require both the .bin and .cue file for them to work correctly i.e. Doom.

Is there a way for me to get both of these files onto my phone? If I use just the .bin it locks up on loading screen.

I tested it on a Desktop emulator aswell (ePSXe) and I had the same problem until I opened it with the .cue instead of .bin.

Any ideas, guise?

Edit:

So, I actually did the SMART thing and I just downloaded the .cue onto the phone itself. It worked!

But, still gets stuck at the loading screen(Doom and presumably Final Doom)

Except, this time it makes a little fart noise before it crashes.

Ah, well.
    Last edited by SteelSliver; 11-22-2013 at 05:33 PM.
    11-22-2013 09:11 AM
    Thanks for the support Andre, purchased this and emigen. Only problem is I can't get Quake 2 to load. When I extracted the zip file, it contained two bin files and a .cue file (see pic below). I downloaded up all 3 but none want to load the game. It will go black for a second then go back to the app menu. Tried changing the name of the larger bin file, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	emiPSX.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	50228
    have you removed the %20 from the filename?
    11-22-2013 10:02 AM
    Hey thanks for the tips. If there are two .bin files, which of the two should I copy to my phone?
    the big one
    11-22-2013 11:08 AM
    have you removed the %20 from the filename?
    That worked! Thank you very much.

the big one
    And thank you too. Is there any point in having the smaller bin and cue file on my phone?
    11-22-2013 03:37 PM
    That worked! Thank you very much.

And thank you too. Is there any point in having the smaller bin and cue file on my phone?
    Not sure actually.
    11-22-2013 06:27 PM
483 12345 ...