[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
It is published on WPStore:
EmiPSX | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Give your comments but take it easy with bad reviews ;), I'd not time to test it all so any feedback will be welcome.
I'll try to update it faster but my goal now is to increase compatibility.

I Know this version is a little slower than the last beta, I'm working on this too. Good new for fighting games fans, Tekken 3 is not hanging anymore (I've not tested the whole game). Bye for now.

PS: theres a error on default settings: CPU BIAS is default to 1. Change it to at least 2 or the game wil run slow to hell :grincry:.

Compatibility List thanks to all Beta Testers that help to fill it. If you want add a game please send PM.

NOTE ABOUT FILESYSTEM:
Windows Phone Have a Closed Filesystem, this means that apps have only access to its contents and files downloaded from the internet, WP8 added the ability of get files from SD card, but the access is read only and there's no support to native access. So the only way to put the rom files on the emulator is through upload and download or copying from the SD card. The shared storage you see when connect the device on the usb is only accessible by system apps, third part app have no way to get these files.

Attached is cbin utility, is a command line tool to compress image files. The compressed files gives a little performance drop.
usage cbin.exe compressionlevel "gamename.iso" "compressedname.bin"
compressionlevel is a number from 1 to 9.
tested with bin, iso and img, may work with other formats.

Attachments

• cbin.zip
    90.4 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:

jjag520

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site
yesss!! finally! thanks for this app, would def buy & download this. so far, what games have you guys tried and which worked?

Last edited:

mtrav54

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I participated in the beta, and enjoyed it a lot. Thank you so much for finally publishing it to the store. Quick question, what limitations are there on the trial version as opposed to the paid one?

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I participated in the beta, and enjoyed it a lot. Thank you so much for finally publishing it to the store. Quick question, what limitations are there on the trial version as opposed to the paid one?

Ads and you can`t use all 6 save states slots. "Memory Card" saving has no restrictions. That`s all at now.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Nobody gonna help me play a rom? Ive got the roms, ive got the bios, ive got the app, ive got the phone.

HELP ME PLEASE!

You have roms? Fine, if its a BINs, just upload it into your phone in internal of SD card, if its an ISOs, you need to use SkyDrive to upload it here then download through your phone. BIOS must be called scph1001.bin. Locate and launch it as a regular game ROM.

Andre, people asks me why it`s no Windows Phone 7 version and no information about that. It would be great if you made a version for 512mb devices. And why your modified BIOS still inside the app? I think Sony will not happy about that and I wonder how did Microsoft allow sertification of that version of app. Anyway, it`s a great app. I`ll buy it tomorrow.

Kellzea

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I have a 920 so i don't have sd card. The app wont show the bios (i have scph1001.bin).

Hmm, i was hoping to avoid uploading then downloading a gig file (ffvii). I don't have fast internet.

As i cant get the app to see .bins i guess i have no choice. Maybe ill get to play next year :(

Thanks anyway

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to play Castlevania: Symphony of the Night on my Lumia 920, but the in-game controls don't work. I'm stuck at the title screen. Even if I reset and go to the PSX dashboard, the controls still do nothing. I've tried enabling simple controls, portrait, landscape, etc. but no luck.

Any workarounds?

The emulator menus work fine though.

Update: Disabling BIOS seems to have fixed it.

Sorry but I didn't had time, I've written this post at the WpCentral App :eek:rly:

Really would've been good to let us know so we could get the story up at the same time the game went live though. :(

Weazel_666

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
Where did you store the ROMs for it to work? I'm using a 920 as well but the ROM files won't show up in internal storage. Is this a problem with the free trial or the whole app?
Have you stored the ROMs on SkyDrive?

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Where did you store the ROMs for it to work? I'm using a 920 as well but the ROM files won't show up in internal storage. Is this a problem with the free trial or the whole app?
Have you stored the ROMs on SkyDrive?

Just grabbed them from SkyDrive. The image file needs to be an ISO or BIN file (some sites pack the images with an extra compression layer and extension) and on the compatible list too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss