[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

Luiz Mitidieri

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm having a problem, it's pretty awkward.
I'm using a Lumia 920, when I download the game from skydrive, I can open it using IE, nice. But when I try to open the same game using the emipsx it just don't open.

Edit: It worked after I renamed the file, awwwkwaaard.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Do you really think we need a performance drop?JK,it's an awesome emulator but will you be able to solve compatibility issues in next update(coz only 1 in every 4 games work) and when will it be coming???

I'm using just compressed files and can't notice any performance drop (maybe due to the power of SnapDragon ^^). It is just a tool to help, I'm not forcing you to use it.
PS: Vagrant Story goes from 700MB to 150MB on compression level 1.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm using just compressed files and can't notice any performance drop (maybe due to the power of SnapDragon ^^). It is just a tool to help, I'm not forcing you to use it.

I was just joking dude,I really like your emulator thought i would prefer more compatibility.Still,,I will download this cbin utility to check it :cool:

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

I feel that Vagrant Story plays little slower than it was on the beta. I`m not using any compression tools. Aslo, I have an update today with no changelog. What`s new?

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the support Andre, purchased this and emigen. Only problem is I can't get Quake 2 to load. When I extracted the zip file, it contained two bin files and a .cue file (see pic below). I downloaded up all 3 but none want to load the game. It will go black for a second then go back to the app menu. Tried changing the name of the larger bin file, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any thoughts?

emiPSX.jpg

Last edited:

imgarik

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded Quake 2 to my Lumia 820. Works pretty well, sometimes sound laggs a bit, but thats ok. I'm downloading roms from a torrent rutracker.org. Try to search roms there. They are not in a *.bin format, so I'm using UltraISO to convert them into bin. After convertition is complete there will be 2 files .bin and .cue. Just copy bin file, forget about cue. I'm not using BIOS. You should check it out!

Kage Maru

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Just downloaded Quake 2 to my Lumia 820. Works pretty well, sometimes sound laggs a bit, but thats ok. I'm downloading roms from a torrent rutracker.org. Try to search roms there. They are not in a *.bin format, so I'm using UltraISO to convert them into bin. After convertition is complete there will be 2 files .bin and .cue. Just copy bin file, forget about cue. I'm not using BIOS. You should check it out!

Hey thanks for the tips. If there are two .bin files, which of the two should I copy to my phone?

SteelSliver

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
It seems that some Playstation games require both the .bin and .cue file for them to work correctly i.e. Doom.

Is there a way for me to get both of these files onto my phone? If I use just the .bin it locks up on loading screen.

I tested it on a Desktop emulator aswell (ePSXe) and I had the same problem until I opened it with the .cue instead of .bin.

Any ideas, guise?

Edit:

So, I actually did the SMART thing and I just downloaded the .cue onto the phone itself. It worked!

But, still gets stuck at the loading screen(Doom and presumably Final Doom)

Except, this time it makes a little fart noise before it crashes.

Ah, well.

Last edited:

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the support Andre, purchased this and emigen. Only problem is I can't get Quake 2 to load. When I extracted the zip file, it contained two bin files and a .cue file (see pic below). I downloaded up all 3 but none want to load the game. It will go black for a second then go back to the app menu. Tried changing the name of the larger bin file, but that didn't seem to do anything.

Any thoughts?

View attachment 50228

have you removed the %20 from the filename?

liquidkoshman

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Mr Andre,can you plz tell me that how to work these compression tools,because when I open the utility .exe ,a black screen appears for like a millisecond and then disappears,what should I do???? :confused:
It's a command line tool - open command line and run it with parameters from there. Use the syntax Andre wrote a few posts back.

Animalmoss

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
Mr Andre,can you plz tell me that how to work these compression tools,because when I open the utility .exe ,a black screen appears for like a millisecond and then disappears,what should I do???? :confused:

i dont understand too, very confused :(
Andre@Oh btw i really like emipsx, good work, i will buy te app to help support u.
bug report@FF 9 cant play, other games work only sound is bad

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion