[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

liquidkoshman

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue - I am about 4 hours into FFVII on L920, playing without sound. Most of the time everything plays perfectly, but every once in a while (happened 2x to me so far) it seems my save states get corrupted. I get graphical glitches mostly in 2D overlay objects like textboxes, combat fade-ins and charactes and the game eventually quits. This doesn't get fixed with reloading from save state, only by reloading from mem card save. This isn't a huge deal just means I have to replay from the last save point when this happens which is slightly annoying.
Is this a known bug?

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue - I am about 4 hours into FFVII on L920, playing without sound. Most of the time everything plays perfectly, but every once in a while (happened 2x to me so far) it seems my save states get corrupted. I get graphical glitches mostly in 2D overlay objects like textboxes, combat fade-ins and charactes and the game eventually quits. This doesn't get fixed with reloading from save state, only by reloading from mem card save. This isn't a huge deal just means I have to replay from the last save point when this happens which is slightly annoying.
Is this a known bug?

I have never experienced your issue but about your reply,can you clearly explain about that cbin utility,coz i couldn't understand Andre's reply,probably because im not that much computer literate :p

Animalmoss

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
It's a command line tool - open command line and run it with parameters from there. Use the syntax Andre wrote a few posts back.

im very low about pc. Can u explain to me step by step how to open command line tool, run parameter and use syntax. So i can commpress my .bin file and play emipsx more enjoy and dont worry bout my lumia memory ,very appreciated thanks
( i have cbin.exe )

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
im very low about pc. Can u explain to me step by step how to open command line tool, run parameter and use syntax. So i can commpress my .bin file and play emipsx more enjoy and dont worry bout my lumia memory ,very appreciated thanks
( i have cbin.exe )

HI, let me try:

* press windows key + R ( or open start > run).
* type cmd and hit enter. ( a black text window will open).
* drag and drop cbin.exe to this window.
* type desired compression level ( number from 1 to 9).
* drag and drop image file to the command window.
* type the path and name of the compressed file and hit enter. ( eg; c:\game.bin)
* copy the compressed file to the phone and enjoy the game.

spallenza

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
I was really mad because after last update i lost my castlevania state... But i'm happy now e u guys can add Final Fantasy Tactics in the compatibility list!

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Great Emu, definitely worth the money. (tried resident evil and alundra, re works fine but with alundra i get a black screen when I enter the cabin inside the ship)
Just got a small issue with it though, if I switch to another app while playing something, my custom controls overlay gets resetted to its default settings :unhappysweat:, is this a known bug?
Thank you!

Last edited:

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Anyone with a Lumia 1520 use this app on it yet? I want to know how well the app scales with 1080p screen.

I think it scales the same way as on the other screen resolutions, you`ll get just larger scaled image and buttons. Anyway, you can try this app without buying it

And Andre, I think Vagrant Story now plays faster at 40% CPU (Where is 20% beta setting?), 4 BIAS and Auto Frameskip. It was slow even on that settings before I bought your app. Please check the free version of app, it is slower. Checked on Lumia 620.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
And Andre, I think Vagrant Story now plays faster at 40% CPU (Where is 20% beta setting?), 4 BIAS and Auto Frameskip. It was slow even on that settings before I bought your app. Please check the free version of app, it is slower. Checked on Lumia 620.

I'm using the MS trial system, the only difference between the version trial and paid is that you remove the advice to buy.

Marvellou

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
What a great piece of software. On an Samsung ATIV S it's working great.
Chrono Cross is superb . Gran Turismo 2 running at full speed without any trouble.

Bought with great pleasure.

(Is it possible to have an auto-save when we quit the app ?)

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Autosave/Autoload like EmiGens is not stable but I can enable autosave on exit and manual load when come back to game. But save states are still buggy and not reliable.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Autosave/Autoload like EmiGens is not stable but I can enable autosave on exit and manual load when come back to game. But save states are still buggy and not reliable.

No,plz dont add autosave on exit becoz,if I am losing in a game,and I exit,it will be auto-saved and I will have to lose next time I play and then start from way back,I like the current save/load option.Even if you do add autosave Andre,leave the choice to the user whether he wants it enabled or not.Plz

Marvellou

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
No,plz dont add autosave on exit becoz,if I am losing in a game,and I exit,it will be auto-saved and I will have to lose next time I play and then start from way back,I like the current save/load option.Even if you do add autosave Andre,leave the choice to the user whether he wants it enabled or not.Plz

It could have one of the save state reserved for auto-save.
Another idea, could you add a date on the screenshot of the save state ?

And I confirm, save states are not totally reliable. I lost my save of Chronocross. More exactly, this state makes the game crashes on reload.
Not a big deal, I should have used true saving in the game.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Autosave is a option, you can disable it anytime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12