[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

sychosis

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks this is a really great app, but I had a problem with a compressed GT2, ended up crashing into a barrier the car bounced around the screen like a pool ball. Any ideas?

Kryakus

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Andre, do you have any plans to add direct WiFi ROM transfer to isolated storage (thru ftp or http)? It will be so much easier to test different ROMs because sometimes SkyDrive is painfully slow :(

Marvellou

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Mr andre, I noticed something very strange:

- If I lock my phone while i'm on EmiPSX, when I come back, the emulator go back to the panel with the list of roms, and I lose my current game. (Actually Chronocross)
- But if I go somewhere else before to lock the phone, the launch screen or another App, I can resume EmiPSX just where it was using the back key.

I'am on Samsung Ativ S, GDR3 Dev preview.

liquidkoshman

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Mr andre, I noticed something very strange:

- If I lock my phone while i'm on EmiPSX, when I come back, the emulator go back to the panel with the list of roms, and I lose my current game. (Actually Chronocross)
- But if I go somewhere else before to lock the phone, the launch screen or another App, I can resume EmiPSX just where it was using the back key.

I'am on Samsung Ativ S, GDR3 Dev preview.

That's interesting - for me I'm unable to resume my game when I switch to any other task or lock the phone. I mean the emu comes back to the game but it seems either frozen/stuck or the onscreen controls simply don't work. I'm on 920.

Btw my previously mentioned issue with corrupted game graphics/quitting hasn't come back since I stopped using the save states. Still it would be nice to be able to use the states - it's primarily a phone after all I need to be able to quit playing when needed and not lose my progress... Not that I'm complaining, I became spoilt by PSone games far too quickly:D

mtrav54

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Andre, I posted in the EmiNES forum about an issue with renaming files, but never got a response. Would you be able to look into it? Thanks!

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just grabbed the update, gonna try out a few games that haven't worked for me yet. Any specific settings for MGS to work?

Edit: I couldn't get MGS to work, but Clocktower now works. I'm excited for that, as a horror fan it is a game I've been meaning to play for years.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just grabbed the update, gonna try out a few games that haven't worked for me yet. Any specific settings for MGS to work?

Edit: I couldn't get MGS to work, but Clocktower now works. I'm excited for that, as a horror fan it is a game I've been meaning to play for years.

is clock tower better than resident evil??and have you tried any Harry Potter or FIFA game coz they also didn't work in last update,will check them again when I get time.

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
is clock tower better than resident evil??and have you tried any Harry Potter or FIFA game coz they also didn't work in last update,will check them again when I get time.

I never could get into Resident Evil because of the controls. Clock Tower is a point and click adventure style game.

I am sadly without a computer now so I am limited right now to the games I already had uploaded to my SkyDrive so I haven't been able to check out that many games.

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I never could get into Resident Evil because of the controls. Clock Tower is a point and click adventure style game.

I am sadly without a computer now so I am limited right now to the games I already had uploaded to my SkyDrive so I haven't been able to check out that many games.

Ok,thanks for the reply :smile:

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Something bad now with FrameSkip. When Off it makes screen just flickering in Vagrant Story and Destruction Derby Raw both. When on, even on lowest possible settings both games lags a lot. Vigilante 8: 2nd offence still not loads.

UPD:
I think you don`t even test it on a real device or not on Lumia 620.
Warning: Old save states are not working with this update
Store says. Wrong. They works, but I tried to load from memory card to check my issues. Still same.
Video Light
Video Blend
FPS meter
Selectable frameskip setting (Auto and 1-4, not just on and off)
Gone. Why? Video Light helps to investigate dark places, FPS meter (make it otional) helps to know average one mid-game, and, finally, FrameSkip messed up all update. Thankfully, it fixes some textures in Destruction Derby Raw but it made all the games I own unplayable
the game wil run slow to hell
As you said. Waiting for fixes.

Last edited:

SteelSliver

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Frameskip really isn't that good at boosting performance very well with this.....in fact it makes it run worse. Way worse.

Crash Bandicoot still runs awkwardly. Emulator is really bad at making decisions to keep the frame rate steady....sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow, sometimes fine.

On a good note, though, Skullmonkeys compatibility has improved dramatically! All platforms load correctly now and music sounds like as if I were playing from an actual console! Although, can never get the cutscenes to run at the normal speed....same with Crash B, too slow, or too fast

Castlevania SotN is still experiencing problems with weird loud audio disruption when starting the game....Silent Hill doesn't quite load audio properly.

Doom still freezes on load screen.

Final Fantasy VI works O.K., audio is a bit weird at most times but ok when it comes to being able to play the game.

I'm getting a Moga Pro controller to test that functionality...hopefully that works fine :smile:

Also running Lumia 920 with latest build.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Something bad now with FrameSkip. When Off it makes screen just flickering in Vagrant Story and Destruction Derby Raw both. When on, even on lowest possible settings both games lags a lot. Vigilante 8: 2nd offence still not loads.

UPD:
I think you don`t even test it on a real device or not on Lumia 620.

Store says. Wrong. They works, but I tried to load from memory card to check my issues. Still same.

Gone. Why? Video Light helps to investigate dark places, FPS meter (make it otional) helps to know average one mid-game, and, finally, FrameSkip messed up all update. Thankfully, it fixes some textures in Destruction Derby Raw but it made all the games I own unplayable

As you said. Waiting for fixes.

Sorry, on this update I've made a lot of changes and it got a huge performance drop, Unfortunately on lumia 820 I noticed a performance drop but coudn't test on my Lumia 620( it's screen is broken - I keep breaking these new Nokia low quality hardware ^^, PS: my Nokia 500 is alive and running great!!!!) and this update I've posted on WP Store weeks ago so I could even remember what was on it :grincry:. Due to the performance drop, I've reverted the changes on the next update but you have to wait until it pass certification.

khughes4241

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site

MGS crashes after you pick option in main menu (title) screen * most I want resolved to play
FFIX starts but crashes almost instantly
valkyrie profile works
FF7 can't see options when in battle have to use help menu to see what your picking (probably something simple)

but awesome emulator in whole will be awesome once issues resolved

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, on this update I've made a lot of changes and it got a huge performance drop, Unfortunately on lumia 820 I noticed a performance drop but coudn't test on my Lumia 620( it's screen is broken - I keep breaking these new Nokia low quality hardware ^^, PS: my Nokia 500 is alive and running great!!!!) and this update I've posted on WP Store weeks ago so I could even remember what was on it :grincry:. Due to the performance drop, I've reverted the changes on the next update but you have to wait until it pass certification.

I don`t think performance drop is major, it`s still the same but the new FrameSkip system acts too aggresively. Take 520 for development if you still want to 512mb device users can use your apps. What about lost settings?

P.S. 820 in Russia now costs 9990 roubles, it`s the same price I bought 620 this summer. :unhappysweat: But I`ll not buy any new smartphone until 2015.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
I don`t think performance drop is major, it`s still the same but the new FrameSkip system acts too aggresively. Take 520 for development if you still want to 512mb device users can use your apps. What about lost settings?

P.S. 820 in Russia now costs 9990 roubles, it`s the same price I bought 620 this summer. :unhappysweat: But I`ll not buy any new smartphone until 2015.

Frameskip is there if the game runs slow with full framerate (Tekken 3), but is not good, nearly all games run fine without frameskip. I've bought a L820 due to its price (nearly $350), the same as my L620 but off contract, with my L620 broken I wanted to buy a Nexus 4 but I would stop WP development without a device so I decided to buy the 820, sad to see that its battery life is nearly the same as 620 :shocked:. (Not to mention its overheat while running EmiPSX)

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Frameskip is there if the game runs slow with full framerate (Tekken 3), but is not good, nearly all games run fine without frameskip. I've bought a L820 due to its price (nearly $350), the same as my L620 but off contract, with my L620 broken I wanted to buy a Nexus 4 but I would stop WP development without a device so I decided to buy the 820, sad to see that its battery life is nearly the same as 620 :shocked:. (Not to mention its overheat while running EmiPSX)

On my Lumia 620 if I set FrameSkip to Off, in Vagrant Story I can start the game, load my save or saved state then game screen just flickering, emulator still working and I can resume if I turn FrameSkip to On. It lags like hell on any settings. In Destruction Derby Raw I also can start a game, problems starts from the very beginning, black stripes above and below the opening FMV are flickering, then press start, then language then I`m into the main menu. The are bad textures here. In previous versions they were turned into red boxes, now the most time it`s just invisible menus.
When I starting any race, after the loading screen, game screen just flickering with random game textures around. Emulator still working, I can turn FrameSkip to on and get a MegaLag Race. The update fixed vehicle color and probably other in-race textures. But it`s very painful to play with that slideshow.
sometimes too fast, sometimes too slow, sometimes fine
And this behaviour changes every few seconds. In DDR it makes a car almost uncontrollable, in Vagrant Story I`m just getting major frameskipping. It`s playable but looking not good. I remember the first EmiPSX beta with 17FPS average. Sometimes it was faster, all that on the default settings.
LSZrRS_6cy0.jpg

I can translate that app into Russian. See my PM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786