[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

Michele Oro Nobili

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
A couple of questions:

1) If I have the bios active I should see the playstation logo when opening a game? Right now I have the scph1001.bin file in my skydrive, my SD and my internal memory. But when I open the game (Crash bendicot) I see immediatly the game. Of course Bios is enabled.

2) I tried FF 7 and 8 and they don't start for me. Just black screen and then return to emipsx main page. Is it possibile that this is linked with the bios "problem" above? Someone can try if these games start without the bios?

TNX
PS: Lumia 720

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
give feedback

Nice update at all, but:

DarkStone - hangs right on the start
Destruction Derby Raw - playable, sometimes even smooth (lags only when lot of cars on the screen), menu textures still broken, player car color broken again
Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes - crashes emulator (forcing back to main "desktop" Windows Phone screen)
Future Cop L.A.P.D - fixed! No more hangs on FMVs
Vigilante 8: 2nd Offence - hangs right on the start
Vagrant Story - playable, most time smooth, sometimes slow
Emulator has no more crashed if you trying to load BIOS file from internal several times

It must be better on 1gb and 2gb devices. I really want to see Lumia 1520 results. If someone has it please tell us.

Something happen with the saving system. I lost my memory card save for Vagrant Story. In previous versions I was switching to BIOS off to load it, now I`m unable to do that both on BIOS on and off. I even tried to disable BIOS in settings then delete BIOS file, still no data. Memory Cars slot 1 says no Vagrant Story data, slot 2 have my old save in the beginning of the game, I saved it when testing ability to use original PlayStation BIOS.

Save states system probably broken or messed up but maybe it is my device problem. When I was saved in DDR and then tried to load, it loaded the state from the one of the previous updates. I have 2 states with saves but all of them loading old one. I don`t wanna try to reinstall the app to check that. Clearing save states then trying to save again may work. I need to investigate it deeper.

I`m tried to get into BIOS and then see that the only game saved is DDR on memory cars slot 1. There is nothing on slot 2. Slot 2 Vagrant Story save only work with Enable BIOS off. I can`t manage memory cards on this mode but Slot 1 main save still lost.
Andre. Is there a way to edit memory card saves or saved states? I tried to edit .mcr memory card saves with 2 apps with no luck. They don`t see any saves on them. I tried it when EmiPSX was closed beta, maybe something has changed.

Some suggestions:
  • Please return beta "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings
  • Make an optional FPS meter
  • Please don`t remove FrameSkip 1-4 system, make Auto system if you want but please don`t remove strict entries
  • When Enable Sound is on, you can hear little noice all the time and not only when any game is running on top, please fix that if possible, you already told that this noice is unfixable and I know it
  • PSX CPU Speed has 20% entry in betas. Why is it removed now?
  • GameShark/Code Breaker/any other name for 80098E46 0001 like cheat codes will be a great and unique feature
  • Make BIOS loading (Memory Card & CD player menu) by loading BIOS file from internal

Maybe I'm wrong ? but autosave is not implemented yet ?
Yes, it`s not (for 1.0.0.3/1.0.4 store version)

playstation logo when opening a game
Not possible yet but you can see it if you have BIOS, it`s turned on and you reset any game after opening. You can manage (copy to another and delete) your memory card saves here.

Very nice new starting screen by OSO ALEX CHARACTER DESIGN

Michele Oro Nobili

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
OK. TNX to Roman now I knwo that my bios is working: resetting the game (crash bendicot 3) I can see the PS logo and the memory card menu.

Also I could finally start Final Fantasy 7. I tried 6 differents roms untill I found one that worked... So it was only a rom problem it seems.

My feedback - playing on Nokia Lumia 720 - Version 1.0.03 or 1.0.4 not sure (see note):

Crash bendicot 3 Warped: Works very good! Animations only slow when there is some "complex" effect on the screen (more precisly: to me it slowed only when entering and exiting a level). During gameplay no problem. Sounds some little problem, sometimes a bit scratcy and bit too fast or slow, but nothing too terrible, so you can enjoy the sound too. Personal note: "action" game are a bit hard to play on a touchphone, physical control can really help.

Final Fantasy 7: simply perfect. Anitmations wise I had no problem, very fluid, always. Sounds again is sometimes a bit scratcy or too fast or slow. But the problem is very little so you can enjoy it without problem.

Final Fantasy 9: Like everybody else said. I can see the first screen and then crash.

(configurations: bios enabled, CPU 100%, no frameskip, sound enabled, BIAS at 4.)

Question: what is BIAS?

Side note: can you have bit more consistency in the store versions? I mean the change log states the changes for version 1.0.4 while the store says it is version 1.0.0.3. Not a big problem but it's hard to understand which version a user is talking about, in particular if you add all the other beta versions in the compatibility list. Also you could write the version number in the help page, so everyone knows which version they have.

EDIT: added FF 9

Last edited:

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I`m using MetroTube for YouTube videos and it has rotation lock for video. You can rotate your phone with no effect to video. Is that possible to add this function to EmiPSX?

Some people from Russian market asking for translation. I can make one. And some notes about new betas:
Developers, we’ve got some news for you if you have or are planning to do a beta for your Windows Phone app. Microsoft has made some updates to how beta apps work based on developer feedback. The biggest change? Beta apps no longer expire.

In a posting on the Windows Phone Developer Blog, Microsoft details how beta apps no longer have an expiration date and the Dev Center app has a new “markets” view.

There’s a huge majority of readers out there you have been part of beta period for a Windows Phone app. Whether it was Phonly or Digitally Imported beta, at some point the beta app itself expired on your phone. If the beta testing period wasn’t over a developer would need to create a new listing for beta testers. That expiration of beta apps would take place 90 days after the creation date.

Going forward, Microsoft has opted to remove that restriction. Existing beta apps will still have that limitation, but any new beta apps will lack an ability to expire.

The official Dev Center app for Windows Phone also picked up a small update today. You’ll see a new view that gives you an overview of your apps performance in a variety of markets. Things like per-market breakdown of downloads, ratings, and reviews will be sorted by country.

Full article here.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Save states system probably broken or messed up ... I need to investigate it deeper
So... Looks like you can save once per game after you delete all states. Then the state you saved can not be overwritten. And using other slots making just save picture, not the game. It cannot be loaded.

Deleting states not deletes it pictures.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
it is strange somehow, but after the newest update, a lot of my fav games (including xcom series) wont run correctly :(View attachment 51400:unhappysweat:

The GPU code was better on version 1.0.0.2 but it was slower (nearly unplayable to people with 1GHZ cpus) and had some bugs that led me to revert the changes, e.g. frameskip. I'll improve the current code on the next updates.

So... Looks like you can save once per game after you delete all states. Then the state you saved can not be overwritten. And using other slots making just save picture, not the game. It cannot be loaded.

Deleting states not deletes it pictures.

Hi, thanks the feedback, I've never seen this problem :eek:rly:, it is possible to overwrite saves anytime, but cleaning the saves really doesnt clear the images.
About the beta, It is good due to the fast updates, but the app is now published, I cant remove it or some guys may want to kill me :unhappysweat:. The update on dev app made it really better.

Willian David

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody help me?

I want to run Suikoden 2 and Castlevania Symphony of the Night on the EmiPsx, but i can't make it run.
Can somebody help me? I don't know how to use this emulator.
If somebody have a full tutorial for this, i will be greatful.

Please :(

zack05

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody help me?

I want to run Suikoden 2 and Castlevania Symphony of the Night on the EmiPsx, but i can't make it run.

What is your phone

SteelSliver

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Can somebody help me?

1. Acquire the ROM. You can get a ROM from the current CD you have of the game.(Make sure the ROM works on a desktop emulator first!!!ex: ePSXe)
2. Upload the ROM to your Skydrive. This can take around 10 minutes to 2 hours depending on your upload/download internet speed and the size of the game.
3. When finished uploading, go into EmiPSX and go to Skydrive.
4. Download the game.
5. Open with EmiPSX

bam

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
About the beta, It is good due to the fast updates, but the app is now published, I cant remove it or some guys may want to kill me . The update on dev app made it really better.

Don`t remove store one. You can just make beta with different name, "bEmiPSX" or "EmiPSX Beta". What about the transtlation and suggestions?

? Please return beta "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings
? Make an optional FPS meter
? Please don`t remove FrameSkip 1-4 system, make Auto system if you want but please don`t remove strict entries
? When Enable Sound is on, you can hear little noice all the time and not only when any game is running on top, please fix that if possible, you already told that this noice is unfixable and I know it
? PSX CPU Speed has 20% entry in betas. Why is it removed now?
? GameShark/Code Breaker/any other name for 80098E46 0001 like cheat codes will be a great and unique feature
? Make BIOS loading (Memory Card & CD player menu) by loading BIOS file from internal
? I`m using MetroTube for YouTube videos and it has rotation lock for video. You can rotate your phone with no effect to video. Is that possible to add this function to EmiPSX?

Timo Verbrugghe

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
EmiPSX v1.0.0.2 update is on the store. Some fixes on SPU code to increase compatibility. New working games include MGS, CTR and Crash Bash.

Have been playing CTR on my Nokia Lumia 920, but the screen gets stuck after ending a race in adventure mode (see picture below). All the other functions (time trial/arcade/etc...) work fine. A setting I need to change?

Nokia Lumia 920
EmiPSX 1.0.0.4
Bias 2 (also tested on auto)
PSX CPU: 100 %
Bios enabled
Sound enabled
Frameskip off

wp_ss_20131207_0001.png

Michele Oro Nobili

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
A MUST HAVE FUNCTION:

when saving or loading there should be a confirmation choice. The save, load and configuration buttons are one next to the other. It's very easy to push the wrong button...

I wanted to save, instead I loaded from the last save... luckly I lost only 5 minutes of gameplay, but these things happen.

EDIT: is there a little possibility that you will check soon what is causing FF9 to not work? There are a lot of people that are wating for that game...
Anyway, again, best app on the store!

EDIT2: i clicked the wrong button again!

Last edited:

Willian David

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
I already done this but it doesnt work. Something must be wrong. The basics i know how to do but.....the game doesnt work. What do i do? Dos someone here have played Suikoden 2 on this emipsx??

Willian David

Dec 6, 2013
Visit site
Lumia 920.

All the basic things that we need to do, i already done it. But when i press on the suikoden 2 game, it goes a black screen and then returns to the main screen.
Someone, help me please.

Ps: the same thing is happening with Castlevania

Michele Oro Nobili

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Not played those game, but I had the same black screen problem. I tried many roms until I found a rom that worked. So it may be a rom problem, try another one, then another one then...

I also changed the bios file, but I don't think that that was the problem. Probably the rom.

EDIT: I also deleted emipsx and rensitalled it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923