[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
.iso files don't work period. You have to convert them to .bin to make them work.

on a side note: EmiPSX is on Wikipedia :grin:

You are wrong, they work fine. You can transfer from skydrive or SD, on sd they will not be visible on EmiPSX but you can view then (and any other file) just renaming from gamename.iso to gamename.iso.bin.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
You are wrong, they work fine. You can transfer from skydrive or SD, on sd they will not be visible on EmiPSX but you can view then (and any other file) just renaming from gamename.iso to gamename.iso.bin.

Andre, one more suggestion. You can remap buttons with this:
wp_ss_20131211_0001.jpg
If you do so, people will stop wrongly save instead of load and vice versa.

mohd sahir

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
Just confirm that save state is what is messing up the games!!!!
DO NOT USE SAVE STATE FOR YOUR GAMES DON'T USE IT FOR FF7 TOO

for some reason it dont work ......

thanks ayameanime, i guess we have to wait for an update from the developer, as the memory card save state is corrupting the game for ff7.. i has to stop playing as the game crash for like 10-15 minutes of playing.

Michele Oro Nobili

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
nice positioning, it can really help to not make stupid mistakes^^

But a yes/no question should be implemented too. It can be a problem even if you want to push the setting button and instead you save or if you want to push the orange (???) one and instead you re-load. A confirmation question is the more sicure way.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
New on version 1.0.5:
*bigfix on SPU code( fixed CTR and Castlevania SOTN)
*support to analog control( virtual or accelerometer)
*dual analog support on Moga Pro ( needs test)

Very nice update. It also includes rotation lock (tested, working) and Auto Save feature (untested). I also haven`t tested save states yet.
What we still need:
  • "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings. It was on betas but were removed in store version
  • 1:1/Original/pixel-to-pixel Image Size option
  • Language translations. I can make Russian one
  • Optional FPS meter
  • PSX CPU "20%" option
  • GameShark/Code Breaker/any other name for 80098E46 0001 like cheat codes
  • Buttons remap:
51692d1386706852-wp_ss_20131211_0001.jpg

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Try to make PSX CPU 100% and BIAS 1

Vagrant Story, Destruction Derby Raw, Civilization II plays fine, sometimes little slow with default (60% PSX CPU, BIAS 2) settings on my Lumia 620.

Thanks, seems ok if i set it to bias 1 and CPU speed 80%
With bias on auto or greater than 1 it's too fast. (lumia 920)

Lloyydd

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Could somebody please help me and try to bring Valkyrie Profile to work? It has the common bug that it freezes sometimes, mostly at the beginnig in one of the first conversations...
would be great..

ayameanime

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
street fighter ex 2 freezes , bushido blade freezes and street fighter vs x -men now mess up errr try to make the emulator 100% work on all iso and bin files please,
but don't spend any more time on this emulator for more than a few months ....want to get that Emi64 up and going "D be nice to play Zelda64 on my phone.

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
street fighter ex 2 freezes , bushido blade freezes and street fighter vs x -men now mess up errr try to make the emulator 100% work on all iso and bin files please,
but don't spend any more time on this emulator for more than a few months ....want to get that Emi64 up and going "D be nice to play Zelda64 on my phone.

Someone is already porting mupen64, check it out : http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/250720-porting-mupen64plus-windows-phone-8-a.html

SteelSliver

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Would it be possible to add a "too fast" mode to EmiPSX for devices like Lumia 920 where it switches to the code from the last update instead of the current update? The emulator is way too fast for me, and setting the BIAS to 1 and putting PSX cpu speed to 80% makes the sound choppier than it should be. I can understand this being a huge performance boost for devices like the lumia 520, but for lumia 920 it's way to fast. Or perhaps a vsync option should be in order?

Also, the trigger buttons still should be mapped for the MOGA controller. They currently are not mapped correctly.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Would it be possible to add a "too fast" mode to EmiPSX for devices like Lumia 920 where it switches to the code from the last update instead of the current update?

I am Lumia 620 owner. It`s 512mb RAM device and I don`t see performation is increased. Maybe a little. Probably EmiPSX now uses powerful hardware more effectively, but 520, 620, 625 and 720 still have suffering sound and FPS in some instances. I can`t test more games for now because my phone storage is full. On Civilization II, Vagrant Story and Destruction Derby Raw there is no noticeable performance changes. All the games I playing is PAL English versions.

P.S. I`m running GDR3 preview with latest updates. Maybe that can be related.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers