[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

Ripper Cornelio

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
i cant play legend of dragoon on my lumia 920, it works well but the sound its terrible,, too noisy, my config is frameskip off, cpu speed 60%, bias 1 and bios enabled, i tried a lot of options and this config wordked for this game, but i dont like the sound :S

parasite eve 2 works well too but there is no sound when playing, and soul reaver just doesnt start.

hope you fix the sound ussue and make more game compatible :D

Mister Gore

Jan 7, 2012
Visit site
Just attempted to play Evil Dead: Hail To The King and couldn't get it to work with any settings I attempted. It comes up with the initial loading screen then goes black and hangs. If I turn the BIOS off it does the same but instead of hanging it just closes the app completely.

EDIT: Finally had a chance to try uploading a few more games, will report back once I get a chance to try them out. I can't believe how few games I remember loving from the PS1 to check out haha.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just attempted to play Evil Dead: Hail To The King and couldn't get it to work with any settings I attempted. It comes up with the initial loading screen then goes black and hangs. If I turn the BIOS off it does the same but instead of hanging it just closes the app completely.

EDIT: Finally had a chance to try uploading a few more games, will report back once I get a chance to try them out. I can't believe how few games I remember loving from the PS1 to check out haha.

Yup,Evil Dead still doesnt work.
Here are the games which worked for me
-Tekken 3
-Persona 2-Eternal Punishment
-GTA 2
-Resident Evil 3
-Dino Crisis 2
-Alundra
-Driver:You are the Wheelman.
-Silent Hill,

These are the games which still dont work
-Driver 2
-FIFA 05
-Brian Lara Cricket
-Evil Dead:Hail to the King.
-Final Fantasy 9

Has anybody else tried any working games??I want to test more.

P.S:-I am not really bothered by poor sound.

wp8hereicome

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone,

Just tried this app tonight with a Japanese game for a change. It is called Tenchi o Kurau II. Everything is fine with audio and visual but the app has issues displaying some graphics on top and bottom of the screen. In addition, the Japanese texts are not displaying properly. I converted the ROM from PBP to BIN so I am not sure if that causes the issue. Not sure if it is a bug but just like to report it here in case anyone else wants to try a foreign language game. I tried a few settings and could not seem to solve the issue.

The orange boxes are where the things are not displaying properly.

The yellow boxed areas are how things should be.

Again, other than those issues, everything else runs smooth like silk. Nonetheless this app is amazing and big thank you to the developer!!!!!!

Josep MC

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've bought this Application, it's development has turned to be quite interesting.

I myself tried the following games:
Dragon Ball Final Bout: Crashes on Playstation screen (actually, it displays a part of the PS logo).
Digimon World 3: Works quite good, (BIAS 2-3; last version). FMV top lines are not black instead displaying old information from the framebuffer (which happens also during screen transition).
Sound is cracky and as far as I can see you still need to implement Alpha Texturing. Basically these two and the game should be perfect.

Keep it on!

Josep MC

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
I've bought this app, quite good work on it. Just a few notes:
Dragon Ball - Final Bout: Hangs on PS screen (with sound super cracky).
Digimon World 3: Alpha Texturing needs to be implemented for this game to display correctly, sound is cracky and parts of the framebuffer are displayed on FMV on the top and between some screen transitions; sound also cracky during FMV's.

brandoshido

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Breath of fire IV and suikoden II work for me. Sound is choppy, but I will be playing with it muted anyhow. Can't let anyone know I'm gaming while working! I am hopeful that this app will be regularly updated to improve compatibility, as I blind bought it.

zack05

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Do i need to unzip the ROMS first?

Also why cant zip roms be opened directly from uc browser to emipsx?.

Download app "filehub" when you finish dowloading a rom from uc tap to open then choose filehub then you can unzip it tru that app.
Tip before you unzip it make sure you have enough phone storage

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99