[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Updated Version on Store!

New on version 1.0.6:
*fixed transparency ( Silent Hill, MGS intro).
*frame limit to games that run too fast.
*option to disable spu irq for games that dont need it.
*fixes on save states.

Get It!

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Updated Version on Store!

New on version 1.0.6:
*fixed transparency ( Silent Hill, MGS intro).
*frame limit to games that run too fast.
*option to disable spu irq for games that dont need it.
*fixes on save states.

It`s great and also includes "Disable Screen Saver" option, but why no "Off" option for FrameSkip now?

And we still need:
  • "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings. It was on betas but were removed in store version
  • 1:1/Original/pixel-to-pixel Image Size option
  • Language translations. I can make Russian one. You can make another closed beta called bEmiPSX or just EmiPSX Beta, just like Facebook now, but closed. It`ll help to test it before release like EmiGens Plus that still not updated.
  • Optional FPS meter
  • PSX CPU "20%" option
  • GameShark/Code Breaker/any other name for 80098E46 0001 like cheat codes
  • Buttons remap:
http://forums.windowscentral.com/at...ight/51692d1386706852-wp_ss_20131211_0001.jpg

SteelSliver

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Man this last update improved this emulator greatly! Everything is way more stable now with the frame limit. Thanks for taking my idea into consideration(or if you were already planning on adding this option)!

Hydro Thunder seems to have problems where in the middle of a race, the game will crash. I'm not sure might be causing this, but it sure is worth a look.

Sound emulation seems to be better now, aswell. But, still not perfect, like 8/10 kinda thing. But, Silent Hill cutscenes/all cutscenes in all games I've seen run at their native speed! They are no longer too fast!

Thanks Andre!

Also, is there any possibility on getting this emulator on Windows RT/8.1 and perhaps in the future have multiple players that can play, too?

Or, maybe(in the future) a bluetooth/LAN feature where two people can connect their phones to play multiplayer games?

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Andre!

Also, is there any possibility on getting this emulator on Windows RT/8.1 and perhaps in the future have multiple players that can play, too?

Or, maybe(in the future) a bluetooth/LAN feature where two people can connect their phones to play multiplayer games?

I think there is no need to release on Windows 8/RT before the most suggested features will be realized. New update made some changes for unsupported games:
? Darkstone - now just black screen on emulation window. Emulator not hanging anymore
? Destruction Derby Raw - partially fixed player vehicle color (or reflections)? It`s not always black. It was normal but unplayable with GPU update that has been reverted. Menu textures still busted after any race
? Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes - still completely crashing emulator with no errors
? Vigilante 8: 2nd offence - no emulator hanging now. Just black screen like in Darkstone

There is also little performance boost. Maybe more feelable on 1Gb+ RAM devices.

Andre, what exactly "Enable Sound IRQ" feature does and what the difference between just "Enable Sound" option?

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Awesome update, games now run on their native speed and sound seems a bit better though I'm not sure when to use "Enable Sound IRQ" (is it game specific? should we keep it always on?)
Unfortunately on FFVII I still can't get past the cosmo canyon cave, it kinda hangs on every random encounter in there sometimes showing something like this:

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I know I wasn't supposed to, however I accidentally removed the ".bin" from the end of a ROM when I renamed it. Now the ROM is not visible under internal memory. How do I either rename it back to what it originally was or delete the ROM? Will uninstalling EmiPSX delete the ROM?

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Sir Andre, this midnight russians will meet New Year. This day we celebrating more than any other day, except birthday maybe. I don`t know how about this in Brazil, but Happy New Year, sir Andre and everyone WPCentral users and guests! Welcome to 2014!
Ёлка.jpg

jtanigawa

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I know I wasn't supposed to, however I accidentally removed the ".bin" from the end of a ROM when I renamed it. Now the ROM is not visible under internal memory. How do I either rename it back to what it originally was or delete the ROM? Will uninstalling EmiPSX delete the ROM?

Any solution to this? Should I just delete the app and reinstall?

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Awesome update, games now run on their native speed and sound seems a bit better though I'm not sure when to use "Enable Sound IRQ" (is it game specific? should we keep it always on?)
Unfortunately on FFVII I still can't get past the cosmo canyon cave, it kinda hangs on every random encounter in there sometimes showing something like this:
[url]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t543/xonovor/th_wp_ss_20131230_0001_zps949348b3.png[/URL] [url]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t543/xonovor/th_wp_ss_20131220_0003_zps9e52c40c.png[/URL] [url]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t543/xonovor/th_wp_ss_20131219_0001_zps7a22dc69.png[/URL]

For me It happended only once when testing. Can you send me a copy of your memorycard and savestate to check?

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I've made a warning to reduce this problem but....
The only way is to uninstall and reinstall the app. WP8 does not have a option to clear app storage like on Android.
I can put a option to remove file filters but you will see a lot of files on internal storage and some people may mess something. I'll decide before the next update.

PS: don't forget to save at least your memorycards on skydrive if you are playing some game.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Andre, what exactly "Enable Sound IRQ" feature does and what the difference between just "Enable Sound" option?

Enable Sound IRQ enables sound interrupt emulation, some games need it to work (MGS, CTR), some games work without it but have a better( and heavy) sound emulation with it enabled, some games simply ignore it completely. You can uncheck it if your game works without it to increase performance.

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Enable Sound IRQ enables sound interrupt emulation, some games need it to work (MGS, CTR), some games work without it but have a better( and heavy) sound emulation with it enabled, some games simply ignore it completely. You can uncheck it if your game works without it to increase performance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234