[App] EmiPSX - Play station emulator for Windows Phone 8

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
New update on the Store!
*Fixed pads support - now compatible with Ape Escape ( Moga Pro or Hero required).
*Full support to Moga Controllers. Moga Hero can be used like Dualshock.
*Some Bug Fixes.

Thank you for the update!

First of all, I see you`re own 625 at now. Did you bought another phone for 512MB RAM development? Nice! And I think it wasn`t 620 because of unlucky experience. And we all 620 users still have no Black. All other Lumias can be updated or at least flashed to Black :unhappy:

Cheats "window" landscape orientation is fixed now. What Cheat Name does? There is still no list for cheats we are applied. Thanks for the Add Cheat button now doesn`t closing Cheat "Window". Just found another change - you realized Landscape orientation mode for main menu (Recent Games, Roms etc.)!

Games feedback:
• Darkstone - as in previous update, still not working (black screen). Emulator not hangs
• Destruction Derby Raw - textures of menu still busted after any race
• Duke Nukem: Land of the Babes - still completely crashing emulator with no errors
• Vigilante 8: 2nd Offence - same as Darkstone
No changes since previous version

And the suggestions list, as usual:
• Since 1.0.6 FrameSkip has no "Off" option. Please, make it back
• "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings. It was on betas but were removed in store version
• 1:1/Original/pixel-to-pixel Image Size option
• Cheats dialog: please, make toast notifications when Add Cheat or Clear Cheats buttons is pressed
• Cheats dialog: please, make a visible list of cheats that already activated. Many cheats has 2 or more strings
• Cheats dialog: is there possible to automatically force letters input in uppercase?
• Any tool for editing savegames and/or saved states?
• Language translations. I can make Russian one. You can make another closed beta called bEmiPSX or just EmiPSX Beta, just like Facebook now, but closed. It`ll help to test it before release like EmiGens Plus that still not updated.
• Optional FPS meter
• PSX CPU "20%" option

Last edited:

Paranoyd1287

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
After taking a quick look at the compatibility List i saw that Koudelka isn't listed.

The game seems to run just fine, I play without sound so I have no idea if it's working or not, but everything else plays without issues.

Last edited:

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you for the update!
And the suggestions list, as usual:
• Since 1.0.6 FrameSkip has no "Off" option. Please, make it back
• "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings. It was on betas but were removed in store version
• 1:1/Original/pixel-to-pixel Image Size option
• Cheats dialog: please, make toast notifications when Add Cheat or Clear Cheats buttons is pressed
• Cheats dialog: please, make a visible list of cheats that already activated. Many cheats has 2 or more strings
• Cheats dialog: is there possible to automatically force letters input in uppercase?
• Any tool for editing savegames and/or saved states?
• Language translations. I can make Russian one. You can make another closed beta called bEmiPSX or just EmiPSX Beta, just like Facebook now, but closed. It`ll help to test it before release like EmiGens Plus that still not updated.
• Optional FPS meter
• PSX CPU "20%" option

I do not have the 820 anymore so I had to buy a 625 to keep developing ( 820 has a really poor battery life so I'm really happy with the 625 despite its low quality screen)
Lets see the suggestions:

• Since 1.0.6 FrameSkip has no "Off" option. Please, make it back >> Off and Auto do the same, the emulator skips frames automatically to keep good speed.
• "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings. It was on betas but were removed in store version >> theres no performance benefit for it so I removed.
• 1:1/Original/pixel-to-pixel Image Size option >> the screen size changes during gameplay so you be annoying to keep the original size
• Cheats dialog: please, make toast notifications when Add Cheat or Clear Cheats buttons is pressed >> ????
• Cheats dialog: please, make a visible list of cheats that already activated. Many cheats has 2 or more strings >> implementing already
• Cheats dialog: is there possible to automatically force letters input in uppercase? >> theres no need, you can type on lowercase too, but I can check.
• Any tool for editing savegames and/or saved states? >> Maybe on future
• Language translations. I can make Russian one. You can make another closed beta called bEmiPSX or just EmiPSX Beta, just like Facebook now, but closed. It`ll help to test it before release like EmiGens Plus that still not updated. >> I'll send you the file to translate like on EmiGens
• Optional FPS meter >> low FPS can make people avoid the emulator without test, thats why I removed.
• PSX CPU "20%" option >> due to some changes this is currently crashing the emulator, will not come back.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
? "Video Light" and "Video Blend" settings. It was on betas but were removed in store version >> theres no performance benefit for it so I removed.
? 1:1/Original/pixel-to-pixel Image Size option >> the screen size changes during gameplay so you be annoying to keep the original size
? Cheats dialog: please, make toast notifications when Add Cheat or Clear Cheats buttons is pressed >> ????
? Language translations. I can make Russian one. You can make another closed beta called bEmiPSX or just EmiPSX Beta, just like Facebook now, but closed. It`ll help to test it before release like EmiGens Plus that still not updated. >> I'll send you the file to translate like on EmiGens
? Optional FPS meter >> low FPS can make people avoid the emulator without test, thats why I removed.

? I can`t be sure about video blend, but video light allows you to get more details from dark places. You can put that in Cheats.
? ???? I didn`t notice any "screen size changes" here
or on the the PC emulators I tried long ago. I also like that mode on PC for the some old or too powerful games that can`t work on my desktop resolution, but sadly my current VGA connection and monitor isn`t support that mode.

Some monitors and graphic card drivers has ability to disable scaling so if you`re launching a fullscreen app that uses 640x480, 800x600 or any other low resolution app, the picture is not filling all the screen, but shows pixel-to-pixel it the center on the screen with black lines on the all corners. Here is a screenshot (not mine) of the driver settings for Samsung monitor with NVidia graphic card:

untitled.png

Here it calls no scaling. Default for EmiPSX is like an Aspect Ratio here.

I`m not asking to make that mode default. Just an option. But please, make it.

? About toast notifications (hope I named it right):

toast.png

Some Paint work. Original image:

wp_ss_20130605_0001.png

? Translation may contain errors. I just don`t wanna get EmiGens Plus history (it still not updated on store since 2013 September and is not contain fixes I sent) to happen again.
? FPS meter exists in most desktop and mobile emulators. I`m not asking to show it by default. I`m asking for an option to enable it if I want.

Paranoyd1287

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Clock Tower isn't working with this new update.

Also finished the 1st disc of Koudelka, sound is buggy in game but perfect during FMV. I played it with default config, Bios enabled, Frameskip and BIAS auto and cpu at 100%.

Is there a way to swap the discs once you have finished the first one? I just finished downloading Koudelka's second disc and since the game doesn't ask you to save before swapping discs there's no way I can keep playing. Tried renaming a save state of the first disc on the screen of "Please insert disc 2" and even tough it loads, the game doesn't start. :C

Last edited:

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
@Roman Ekaterininsky
1- Ok, maybe like a cheat...
2- That is what I'm saying, there are several horizontal (256, 320, 368, 512, 640) and two vertical resolutions (240, 480) so on a Lumia with 480x800 screen maybe you can see something with a 256x240 resolution but on a FHD screen will be too little to see like this:
Sem t?tulo.jpg
3 - I'll add the toast but will work only above GDR3

@Paranoyd1287
Ok, I'll check clock tower and implement disk swap option.

Paranoyd1287

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Andre.

Parasite Eve seems to be working fine. Like always, Lumia 920, default config, no sound.

Uploading to skydrive galerians to try that one later. Will update with the outcome.

guicholuis96

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
hello someone else happens when you open crash team racing not pass the first screen and some games like pepsiman go slower?
anyone know how to fix it? I have a lumia 720 with black and and buy the app

Paranoyd1287

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Galerians is working fine.

Parasite Eve 2 and Final Fantasy IX don't get past the "Published by Square" screen, odd enought both titles are followed by a FMV as an intro. Maybe it has something to do with that? I was trying to rip the images to remove those videos and see if that works, but don't know what to do or even if it's possible, cuz the resulting iso doesn't load on epsxe. Maybe someone can try that?

Anyway i'll keep trying and post results if that happens to work.

Last edited:

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
I have a problem in GTA2 on this emulator.The game is running perfectly fast with good sound.I am running trial version of this emulator(sorry,I dont have a credit card) so I have one save state.The problem is that I can save the game and can even see the image in the save states menu but when I load that state,the game crashes everytime.I have deleted that state but when I saved again and tried to load it,the emulator still crashed.What should I do??? :( :'( :cry:

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Andre, I found that when you getting ROM through HTTP File Server, EmiPSX adds [1] to it`s name. For example, if I copying VagrStor.bin, I`m getting VagrStor[1].bin on my phone.

guicholuis96

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
hello just compare speed against one of android emulator and I realize that this emulator load the game even slower activating 4 bias and speed to 100%. The speed was solved in a next update? :)

MoggSquad

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I just downloaded this and can report Final Fantasy Tactics runs fine on my 1020 after 30 minutes of play. Sound has some static and saving using the in game prompts goes in an infinite loop. Using save within the emipsx works.

Roman Ekaterininsky

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Andre, feel free to make GDR3+ improvements. All the phones has it now (except 810 but the GDR3 Preview can be installed on it). I also found that Settings still can`t be accessed with landscape mode, only portrait...

leonvu

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I really need help here. My EmiPSX just can't save in memory card, no matter I tried many times. I bought the program, uninstall and install again and again but the bug is still there. And more, i uploaded my save states into my Skydrive account but when I downloaded it, my save state is blank.
So if anyone got a solution to this problem, please tell me, I'm dying to play Legend of Dragoon here.
Sorry for my bad English.
P/S: My phone is Lumia 920.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster