New version of Polyhegrams [Game] for wp7/8 and Windows Store

LateNight Apps

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

My name is Rob Currie and I would like to let you know about my game that I have been developing for the last year and a half.

Polyhegrams is a unique 3D word puzzle game that tests your dexterity, word knowledge and spatial relations. It includes a multiplayer Wordament style competition that runs every 4 minutes, a 15 level single player story mode that challenges you with a variety of different 3d word puzzle games, and finally a head to head mode that allows you to challenge your friends or frenemies from across the globe to one of several random puzzles in the form of a tug of war.

Polyhegrams was initially released on August 27th, 2013 and has undergone several upgrades including new puzzle varieties, addition of power-ups, improved control of the Polyhegram, performance upgrades as well as graphics improvements. At the same time I have used suggestions from many of the players to hopefully streamline the gameplay so that it is much smoother and enjoyable.

I would really appreciate if you could download and try out the game, and if you like it give me a review. If you have any suggestions, I would really love to hear from you.

Here is the link for the game in the Windows Phone store : Polyhegrams | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

And here is the link in the Windows Store: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...oft.com%2Fen-us%2Fstore%2Fapps&token=lj9zPuRM

The website is Polyhegrams and I am also on facebook at www.facebook.com/Polyhegrams.

Thank you for your time!

Rob
PolyhegramsBanner.jpg

LateNight Apps

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Can you tell us more about the individual games?

Oh definitely. There are in total 6 mini games that are accessible throughout the various game modes.

Word puzzle - the letters for a single word are scrambled on the faces of a polyhedron(dice shaped object) and you are given 3 hints as to the word which you have to spell out by tapping the letters in order on the Polyhegram. This challenge tests your ability to use the descriptive hints along with the letters to figure out the word... but then you still have to figure out how it is wrapped around the shape.

Boggle puzzle - Find as many 3(or more) letter words on a 12 or 20 sided Polyhegram. Each Polyhegram of this type has between 80 and 200 words hidden on its surface. Based on a dictionary of 40 thousand words. This puzzle is in the single player game but also is the core puzzle for multiplayer games where you get a score for each word and bonuses for alliteration, using non-common words and word length runs.

Word search puzzle - Same basic principle as the Boggle puzzle however you are provided 1 word at a time(start at 3 letter words and working upwards) which you have to find on the surface of this Polyhegram.

Mnemonic puzzle - Similar to the regular puzzle however you are only given 1 hint and it is an alpha numeric word which you have to decipher, much like you would with a vanity license plate, into a regular word which is wrapped around an appropriately sized Polyhegram.

Picture puzzle - Another variant of the regular puzzle however this time you are provided with 1-3 picture icons that represent parts of a word that you have to combine in order to produce another word.

In all I have at least 1000 different puzzles currently in the game and I try to add more with every release. In addition, I have at 2 other mini games for Polyhegrams that I am working on and will add as soon as I can get the time.

WPcentral actually did a review of my game back in late August which contains a little more information about the gameplay and of course my website also has lots of information as well as links to the game on Windows phone and Windows store.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes