09-29-2017 11:47 AM
159 1234 ...
tools
    Hi val, is your app only available on us region?
    I'm from indonesia and interested to try your app. But couldn't find it on the store (my region setting is indonesia)
    07-03-2014 05:10 AM
    Hi val, is your app only available on us region?
    I'm from indonesia and interested to try your app. But couldn't find it on the store (my region setting is indonesia)
    Hi,

It's not available in only a small number of regions (Indonesia happens to be one of them), because of some "more strict" requirements for them, which caused certification issues a while ago.

I'll try submitting the app to most of these regions (including Indonesia) and see how it goes.
    07-03-2014 06:01 AM
    Hi,

It's not available in only a small number of regions (Indonesia happens to be one of them), because of some "more strict" requirements for them, which caused certification issues a while ago.

I'll try submitting the app to most of these regions (including Indonesia) and see how it goes.
    Thanks for your quick respon.
    I hope it pass the certification soon.
    07-03-2014 06:26 PM
    Hi,

Can you specify which source you are using and I'll have a look.
    Also does this happen for the latest chapters or for any of the chapters?

There are differences between the sources and sometimes depending on load, like when chapters for popular series come out, there might be temporary issues with loading/downloading some images.

Could you also specify your phone, well the OS really, WP8 or WP7?
    Hey,

Thanks again for all of the help. As for the OS, I'm using WP8 on the Lumia 1520. This occurs for some of the popular manga for all the chapters, even the most recent chapters.

For sources, I have all the sources checked except for the three non-english ones. The order goes
    MangaHere - MangaFox - MangReader - KissManga - Mangable - GoodManga - Batoto - MangaEden - MangaPanda

Thank you for all of your help, it is much appreciated!
    07-03-2014 07:07 PM
    Thanks for your quick respon.
    I hope it pass the certification soon.
    The certification went through several hours ago, you can check if the app is already available in your marketplace.
    07-04-2014 01:30 AM
    Working on it. ;)
    You don't happen to have an update on this? or a place where you post updates about it? :o

edit: w8 version I mean
    07-04-2014 06:15 AM
    You don't happen to have an update on this? or a place where you post updates about it? :o

edit: w8 version I mean
    I'm still working on that. The core of the app is almost ready, it is still rough, but it's functional.
    Even as it is now, I use it to read mangas at home, didn't realize how comfy it is to read on a tablet.:)

I can't promise an exact date, as I'm also working on the WP8.1 version.
    I also want to finish it sooner, but I had a lot of stuff going on lately that caused some delays in the original plan.
    07-04-2014 08:09 AM
    I'm interested to know since you already have 12 sources, but can we users add our own sources?
    07-06-2014 04:16 AM
    Just need one more source (maturemangas) 😜.... Hehe.... I bought the full version for that.... And please fix that auto pausing bug... Downloads automatically pauses when in 2G...
    07-06-2014 04:33 AM
    I'm interested to know since you already have 12 sources, but can we users add our own sources?
    I'll be adding more sources, there will be more in the coming updates.

If you want a particular source, let me know and I'll try to add it when I get the chance.
    07-06-2014 06:22 AM
    Just need one more source (maturemangas) .... Hehe.... I bought the full version for that.... And please fix that auto pausing bug... Downloads automatically pauses when in 2G...
    Haha, it's fine with me, but I think there might be a problem with the certification. :)
    Still, I guess it's worth a try.

As for the downloads, I'm currently reworking the downloading of chapters, so I hope to make it better.
    yellowspark007 likes this.
    07-06-2014 06:25 AM
    Haha, it's fine with me, but I think there might be a problem with the certification. :)
    Still, I guess it's worth a try.

As for the downloads, I'm currently reworking the downloading of chapters, so I hope to make it better.
    Will wait for next update😈.... Hope it gets certified....
    07-06-2014 10:17 AM
    The certification went through several hours ago, you can check if the app is already available in your marketplace.
    Hi val,
    I've tried your app. It is good
    But i have the same problem as uzzo mention.
    Also sometimes when searching manga, it won't show any result ( no data display) and sometimes show result with 0 chapter in it
    07-07-2014 01:44 AM
    Hi val,
    I've tried your app. It is good
    But i have the same problem as uzzo mention.
    Also sometimes when searching manga, it won't show any result ( no data display) and sometimes show result with 0 chapter in it
    Thanks, I'm glad that you like it.

It would be best if you give me concrete examples where this issues occur.
    For some sources, some mangas don't have chapters due to various reasons, like licensing for example. Others may be hidden because of the adult content filter.

If you encounter such cases, let me know and I'll check.
    07-07-2014 03:24 AM
    Thanks, I'm glad that you like it.

It would be best if you give me concrete examples where this issues occur.
    For some sources, some mangas don't have chapters due to various reasons, like licensing for example. Others may be hidden because of the adult content filter.

If you encounter such cases, let me know and I'll check.
    I love your quick respond.

Your app is really good. Use it for two days and really help me catch up some manga that i left before.

Keep it up. 😃
    07-09-2014 06:38 AM
    I'm still working on that. The core of the app is almost ready, it is still rough, but it's functional.
    Even as it is now, I use it to read mangas at home, didn't realize how comfy it is to read on a tablet.:)

I can't promise an exact date, as I'm also working on the WP8.1 version.
    I also want to finish it sooner, but I had a lot of stuff going on lately that caused some delays in the original plan.
    awesome, hope that other stuff works out (y)
    ps. let us know if you need help with any testing etc, I'm sure a lot* of people in here wouldn't mind doing so.

* = actual amount may vary
    07-14-2014 09:01 AM
    awesome, hope that other stuff works out (y)
    ps. let us know if you need help with any testing etc, I'm sure a lot* of people in here wouldn't mind doing so.

* = actual amount may vary
    I plan on running a beta for the next update. I'm trying to make sure that everything is working fine, it would be really great to get preliminary feedback.

I'll post details here when it becomes available. After that anyone that is interested can be a part of it. :)
    frazse likes this.
    07-14-2014 01:08 PM
    Hello Val,
    I'm really enjoying your app. It is by far, the best manga reader I've ever used on Windows Phone.
    Same as sotoy_yuk, I'm from Indonesia and is waiting for your app to become available on our country. I would love to donate your app if it is available here on Indonesia.

And 1 more thing, can you check the mangahere source? Because it says: "Problem getting data".
    Hint: use mangahere.co instead of mangahere.com. (Most of manga readers use .co instead of .com)

Thank you for your amazing app. And keep up the good work.
    UPDATE: It is available on Indonesia. Sorry.
    Last edited by TFK001; 07-19-2014 at 07:13 AM. Reason: It's available now. Sorry.....
    07-19-2014 07:02 AM
    Hello Val,
    I'm really enjoying your app. It is by far, the best manga reader I've ever used on Windows Phone.
    Same as sotoy_yuk, I'm from Indonesia and is waiting for your app to become available on our country. I would love to donate your app if it is available here on Indonesia.

And 1 more thing, can you check the mangahere source? Because it says: "Problem getting data".
    Hint: use mangahere.co instead of mangahere.com. (Most of manga readers use .co instead of .com)

Thank you for your amazing app. And keep up the good work.
    UPDATE: It is available on Indonesia. Sorry.
    .com works for me while .co doesn't
    EDIT: .co its working and it is as you say. .com changes to .co There was network problem last time and I thought .co doesn't work
    Last edited by yellowspark007; 07-20-2014 at 07:21 AM.
    07-19-2014 12:39 PM
    .com works for me while .co doesn't
    Interesting, I haven't noticed this before. When I open mangahere.com, it opens mangahere.co.
    Within the app it's .com and it's working fine for me, though.
    07-19-2014 01:46 PM
    Hey, just want to say first, great app, love it.

Had an issue immediately when trying to download/access a chapter, particularly One Piece 752 and 753.

Tried some fiddling around, saw sources, removed all sources, re-favorited one piece through catalog using a different source, kissmanga, and i was able to download/view it just fine afterwards. From the description, it looked like it was using Mangareader originally.

I think it was mentioned before, but ill mentioned it again just in case. I think it's due to licensing and access through the internet from the US. When trying to access it on my browser, doesn't work. Sites like mangareader check what IP you are accessing it from and blocks access to certain manga because of licensing and where you are trying to access it from in the world.

Haven't tried it yet, but i assume as soon as i try and vpn my phone access from another IP address outside of this country, it will work. I will edit this post with my update.

When i say access, i mean the pictures, i am able to click on the chapter, but the pictures wont load.

Edit:

Don't have access to any VPN on my phone, but tried on PC. Used a program that made the website think i was connecting from another country(France), and it allowed me to access the pictures for those chapters.
    Last edited by Toten; 07-21-2014 at 12:18 PM.
    07-21-2014 11:48 AM
    Thanks, this app is awesome! Can I request updates for certain mangas (Akame Ga Kill: Zero for example) or do I just have to wait?

I went full tree fiddy btw! :D
    val.m likes this.
    07-21-2014 12:01 PM
    I am using this app for a year already. And ot is just awesome. Its the main reason for my huge internet bill. :P . I will buy this app once I get my own Debit card. :D
    val.m likes this.
    07-21-2014 12:05 PM
    This app is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I even payed for the pro version. This is the best manga app ever made.
    val.m likes this.
    07-21-2014 12:22 PM
    Hey, just want to say first, great app, love it.

Had an issue immediately when trying to download/access a chapter, particularly One Piece 752 and 753.

Tried some fiddling around, saw sources, removed all sources, re-favorited one piece through catalog using a different source, kissmanga, and i was able to download/view it just fine afterwards. From the description, it looked like it was using Mangareader originally.

I think it was mentioned before, but ill mentioned it again just in case. I think it's due to licensing and access through the internet from the US. When trying to access it on my browser, doesn't work. Sites like mangareader check what IP you are accessing it from and blocks access to certain manga because of licensing and where you are trying to access it from in the world.

Haven't tried it yet, but i assume as soon as i try and vpn my phone access from another IP address outside of this country, it will work. I will edit this post with my update.

When i say access, i mean the pictures, i am able to click on the chapter, but the pictures wont load.

Edit:

Don't have access to any VPN on my phone, but tried on PC. Used a program that made the website think i was connecting from another country(France), and it allowed me to access the pictures for those chapters.
    Unfortunately I can't go around the filtering for particular countries.
    You can try the various sources, there might be some that allow access.
    I plan on adding additional sources, so there might be some that could work as well.

But first I need to finish the bulk of the stuff for the next update.
    I'm pushing myself to get most of the stuff done within the next 2 weeks and release the initial beta version.

I'm trying to test everything, but I'm changing a lot of things, so I might miss something.
    Anyone willing to participate will be able to do so, any bug reports will be of great help.
    07-21-2014 03:21 PM
159 1234 ...