09-29-2017 10:47 AM
159 12345 ...
tools
    Thanks, this app is awesome! Can I request updates for certain mangas (Akame Ga Kill: Zero for example) or do I just have to wait?

I went full tree fiddy btw! :D
    There a few things you can do:
    1. Wait to get notification for the new chapters, there's no certainty when you'll get it. I might be right away or there might be a slight delay
    2. If you know that there are new chapters you can check for updates/refresh the chapters for the manga
    3. You can enable the checking for updates on startup, for example to check for shows that release on the current day

Just have in mind that different sources get the updates at different times.
    Sometimes if I see that a chapter is released on another source, rather than the one I'm tracking it on, I just read it there and update the read status later.
    DennisvdG likes this.
    07-21-2014 02:24 PM
    Unfortunately I can't go around the filtering for particular countries.
    You can try the various sources, there might be some that allow access.
    I plan on adding additional sources, so there might be some that could work as well.

But first I need to finish the bulk of the stuff for the next update.
    I'm pushing myself to get most of the stuff done within the next 2 weeks and release the initial beta version.

I'm trying to test everything, but I'm changing a lot of things, so I might miss something.
    Anyone willing to participate will be able to do so, any bug reports will be of great help.
    Thanks for the quick reply. What I was leaning towards is suggesting for this app to attempt from a different source after failing to download the chapter, rather than constantly fail over and over again. Unless this does this already, carry on :)
    07-21-2014 02:47 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply. What I was leaning towards is suggesting for this app to attempt from a different source after failing to download the chapter, rather than constantly fail over and over again. Unless this does this already, carry on :)
    It's a bit tricky to be done on itself for a couple of reasons.
    I'm looking into adding the option to add multiple sources for a single manga, but in a way that would allow that and some additional things. :)

Currently the same manga can be added from several sources, but they are handled separately, each on its own.
    I plan to change that, but it won't make it into the next update. I prefer to release that sooner and then add that in an update afterwards.
    Toten likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:02 PM
    There a few things you can do:
    1. Wait to get notification for the new chapters, there's no certainty when you'll get it. I might be right away or there might be a slight delay
    2. If you know that there are new chapters you can check for updates/refresh the chapters for the manga
    3. You can enable the checking for updates on startup, for example to check for shows that release on the current day

Just have in mind that different sources get the updates at different times.
    Sometimes if I see that a chapter is released on another source, rather than the one I'm tracking it on, I just read it there and update the read status later.
    Thanks!
    07-23-2014 06:46 PM
    Hey guys,

I'm getting close to completing the first beta build for the next major update for the app. The plan is to go live with it at some point next week.
    The beta is only for WP 8.1, so have that in mind, otherwise you won't be able to download the app.

There are a number of improvements and bug fixes in the beta, but there is also stuff that is still under development or I haven't gotten to improving it yet.
    Some changes are obvious, while others are not, but as a whole visually there won't be a major redesign.

It is worth noting that there be dragons.
    Bugs are expected, so I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know what issues you encounter or if you have any suggestions on how to improve things.
    I'll be constantly updating the beta as the work progresses.

If anyone's interested, please let me know what your MS account email is and I'll add you.
    You can also contact by email at mb.feedback@outlook.com or twitter @val_mitev.
    You'll receive an email with a link to the app when it's released.

FYI: You can easily migrate your data from the current versions of the app by creating a backup to OneDrive and restoring it in the beta version.
    07-31-2014 04:47 AM
    Could me in, pewpewpeew@hotmail.com
    val.m likes this.
    07-31-2014 05:45 AM
    07-31-2014 10:40 PM
    You are all set guys. :)
    frazse likes this.
    08-01-2014 12:34 AM
    08-01-2014 05:01 AM
    Hey guys,

The first beta build is now available to those who wanted to take part in it.
    If anyone else wants to take it for a spin, let me know. :)
    frazse likes this.
    08-07-2014 02:55 AM
    hey guys,

the first beta build is now available to those who wanted to take part in it.
    If anyone else wants to take it for a spin, let me know. :)
    link?????????????????????
    08-07-2014 04:29 AM
    sent a pm since i cant post links due to my post count being too low ;_;
    08-07-2014 04:42 AM
    It is not a public beta. Even if I post the link, you won't be able to get the app unless you are in the beta list.
    If you want to get access to it, just let me know what your MS account email is and I'll add you.
    08-07-2014 04:59 AM
    Too be fair, he already "asked" :)

Cant quote what he said due to the forums thinking its a link...
    08-07-2014 05:05 AM
    Too be fair, he already "asked" :)

Cant quote what he said due to the forums thinking its a link...
    That's not a problem, you can share the link if you like, I don't mind. :)

But unless you are added to the white list for the beta, you shouldn't be able to get the app.
    That's at least in theory. :)
    08-07-2014 05:24 AM
    that's not a problem, you can share the link if you like, i don't mind. :)

but unless you are added to the white list for the beta, you shouldn't be able to get the app.
    That's at least in theory. :)
    i got the link in pm but it says you dont have permission
    08-08-2014 02:41 PM
    i got the link in pm but it says you dont have permission
    Sorry, this was my mistake. You should get access in a few hours.

Edit: The beta list update is already live, you should have access now.
    Last edited by val.m; 08-08-2014 at 03:24 PM.
    08-08-2014 03:08 PM
    Yo, anything like continuous view like in manga reader. That's a deal breaker for me
    08-08-2014 03:18 PM
    Yo, anything like continuous view like in manga reader. That's a deal breaker for me
    I got MBlaze, actually switch to it from MReader. It does have continuos view(though its experimental atm) but overall the UI and UX of this app is very good. Plus background downloads is a nice touch too.
    08-08-2014 03:24 PM
    There's a continuous view in the current version, but you must change it from the app settings -> chapter.

I'm reworking the chapter view in the new version, so that the reading direction/display mode can be switched while reading.
    Currently in the beta there's only the slide view, but the continuous view will be added soon.
    08-08-2014 03:28 PM
    I got MBlaze, actually switch to it from MReader. It does have continuos view(though its experimental atm) but overall the UI and UX of this app is very good. Plus background downloads is a nice touch too.
    Yep, the downloads are improved in the new version, easier to work with and fixed various bugs there.

I'm aiming to put the continuous view out of its beta state, it's a bit of a memory hog right now.
    Also thanks to the changes in WP8.1, the apps have access to more memory, even on 512MB devices. The memory limit for the apps scales with the amount of memory the device has.
    08-08-2014 03:32 PM
    Yep, the downloads are improved in the new version, easier to work with and fixed various bugs there.

I'm aiming to put the continuous view out of its beta state, it's a bit of a memory hog right now.
    Also thanks to the changes in WP8.1, the apps have access to more memory, even on 512MB devices. The memory limit for the apps scales with the amount of memory the device has.
    I'm sorry but left to right is better for continuous view vs a vertical orientation. Its practically unusable for me. Maybe give users an option?
    08-08-2014 04:58 PM
    I'm sorry but left to right is better for continuous view vs a vertical orientation. Its practically unusable for me. Maybe give users an option?
    There's the slide view for horizontal scrolling (left to right and right to left).
    The continuous view is currently only vertical, but yes, I can add the option to scroll horizontally in the continuous as well.

No one has requested that so far so I haven't considered it before.
    yellowspark007 likes this.
    08-08-2014 05:12 PM
    Waiting for the update!!
    Thx for your hard work :D
    08-25-2014 10:55 AM
    i like it
    08-26-2014 11:01 AM
159 12345 ...