[FREE + FULL] Manga Blaze - a manga reader and organiser for Windows and Windows Phone

frazse

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Re: [FREE + FULL] Manga Blaze and Manga Blaze Plus - a manga reader and organiser

I'm still working on that. The core of the app is almost ready, it is still rough, but it's functional.
Even as it is now, I use it to read mangas at home, didn't realize how comfy it is to read on a tablet.:)

I can't promise an exact date, as I'm also working on the WP8.1 version.
I also want to finish it sooner, but I had a lot of stuff going on lately that caused some delays in the original plan.

awesome, hope that other stuff works out (y)
ps. let us know if you need help with any testing etc, I'm sure a lot* of people in here wouldn't mind doing so.

* = actual amount may vary

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: [FREE + FULL] Manga Blaze and Manga Blaze Plus - a manga reader and organiser

awesome, hope that other stuff works out (y)
ps. let us know if you need help with any testing etc, I'm sure a lot* of people in here wouldn't mind doing so.

* = actual amount may vary

I plan on running a beta for the next update. I'm trying to make sure that everything is working fine, it would be really great to get preliminary feedback.

I'll post details here when it becomes available. After that anyone that is interested can be a part of it. :)

TFK001

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site

Hello Val,
I'm really enjoying your app. It is by far, the best manga reader I've ever used on Windows Phone.
Same as sotoy_yuk, I'm from Indonesia and is waiting for your app to become available on our country. I would love to donate your app if it is available here on Indonesia.

And 1 more thing, can you check the mangahere source? Because it says: "Problem getting data".
Hint: use mangahere.co instead of mangahere.com. (Most of manga readers use .co instead of .com)

Thank you for your amazing app. And keep up the good work.
UPDATE: It is available on Indonesia. Sorry.

Last edited:

yellowspark007

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hello Val,
I'm really enjoying your app. It is by far, the best manga reader I've ever used on Windows Phone.
Same as sotoy_yuk, I'm from Indonesia and is waiting for your app to become available on our country. I would love to donate your app if it is available here on Indonesia.

And 1 more thing, can you check the mangahere source? Because it says: "Problem getting data".
Hint: use mangahere.co instead of mangahere.com. (Most of manga readers use .co instead of .com)

Thank you for your amazing app. And keep up the good work.
UPDATE: It is available on Indonesia. Sorry.

.com works for me while .co doesn't
EDIT: .co its working and it is as you say. .com changes to .co There was network problem last time and I thought .co doesn't work

Last edited:

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

.com works for me while .co doesn't

Interesting, I haven't noticed this before. When I open mangahere.com, it opens mangahere.co.
Within the app it's .com and it's working fine for me, though.

Toten

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Hey, just want to say first, great app, love it.

Had an issue immediately when trying to download/access a chapter, particularly One Piece 752 and 753.

Tried some fiddling around, saw sources, removed all sources, re-favorited one piece through catalog using a different source, kissmanga, and i was able to download/view it just fine afterwards. From the description, it looked like it was using Mangareader originally.

I think it was mentioned before, but ill mentioned it again just in case. I think it's due to licensing and access through the internet from the US. When trying to access it on my browser, doesn't work. Sites like mangareader check what IP you are accessing it from and blocks access to certain manga because of licensing and where you are trying to access it from in the world.

Haven't tried it yet, but i assume as soon as i try and vpn my phone access from another IP address outside of this country, it will work. I will edit this post with my update.

When i say access, i mean the pictures, i am able to click on the chapter, but the pictures wont load.

Edit:

Don't have access to any VPN on my phone, but tried on PC. Used a program that made the website think i was connecting from another country(France), and it allowed me to access the pictures for those chapters.

Last edited:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, this app is awesome! Can I request updates for certain mangas (Akame Ga Kill: Zero for example) or do I just have to wait?

I went full tree fiddy btw! :D

Natsuga

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I am using this app for a year already. And ot is just awesome. Its the main reason for my huge internet bill. :p . I will buy this app once I get my own Debit card. :D

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

This app is so awesome!!!!!!!!!!!! I even payed for the pro version. This is the best manga app ever made.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Hey, just want to say first, great app, love it.

Had an issue immediately when trying to download/access a chapter, particularly One Piece 752 and 753.

Tried some fiddling around, saw sources, removed all sources, re-favorited one piece through catalog using a different source, kissmanga, and i was able to download/view it just fine afterwards. From the description, it looked like it was using Mangareader originally.

I think it was mentioned before, but ill mentioned it again just in case. I think it's due to licensing and access through the internet from the US. When trying to access it on my browser, doesn't work. Sites like mangareader check what IP you are accessing it from and blocks access to certain manga because of licensing and where you are trying to access it from in the world.

Haven't tried it yet, but i assume as soon as i try and vpn my phone access from another IP address outside of this country, it will work. I will edit this post with my update.

When i say access, i mean the pictures, i am able to click on the chapter, but the pictures wont load.

Edit:

Don't have access to any VPN on my phone, but tried on PC. Used a program that made the website think i was connecting from another country(France), and it allowed me to access the pictures for those chapters.

Unfortunately I can't go around the filtering for particular countries.
You can try the various sources, there might be some that allow access.
I plan on adding additional sources, so there might be some that could work as well.

But first I need to finish the bulk of the stuff for the next update.
I'm pushing myself to get most of the stuff done within the next 2 weeks and release the initial beta version.

I'm trying to test everything, but I'm changing a lot of things, so I might miss something. :sweaty:
Anyone willing to participate will be able to do so, any bug reports will be of great help. :smile:

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks, this app is awesome! Can I request updates for certain mangas (Akame Ga Kill: Zero for example) or do I just have to wait?

I went full tree fiddy btw! :D

There a few things you can do:
1. Wait to get notification for the new chapters, there's no certainty when you'll get it. I might be right away or there might be a slight delay
2. If you know that there are new chapters you can check for updates/refresh the chapters for the manga
3. You can enable the checking for updates on startup, for example to check for shows that release on the current day

Just have in mind that different sources get the updates at different times.
Sometimes if I see that a chapter is released on another source, rather than the one I'm tracking it on, I just read it there and update the read status later.

Toten

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately I can't go around the filtering for particular countries.
You can try the various sources, there might be some that allow access.
I plan on adding additional sources, so there might be some that could work as well.

But first I need to finish the bulk of the stuff for the next update.
I'm pushing myself to get most of the stuff done within the next 2 weeks and release the initial beta version.

I'm trying to test everything, but I'm changing a lot of things, so I might miss something. :sweaty:
Anyone willing to participate will be able to do so, any bug reports will be of great help. :smile:

Thanks for the quick reply. What I was leaning towards is suggesting for this app to attempt from a different source after failing to download the chapter, rather than constantly fail over and over again. Unless this does this already, carry on :)

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the quick reply. What I was leaning towards is suggesting for this app to attempt from a different source after failing to download the chapter, rather than constantly fail over and over again. Unless this does this already, carry on :)

It's a bit tricky to be done on itself for a couple of reasons.
I'm looking into adding the option to add multiple sources for a single manga, but in a way that would allow that and some additional things. :)

Currently the same manga can be added from several sources, but they are handled separately, each on its own.
I plan to change that, but it won't make it into the next update. I prefer to release that sooner and then add that in an update afterwards.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

There a few things you can do:
1. Wait to get notification for the new chapters, there's no certainty when you'll get it. I might be right away or there might be a slight delay
2. If you know that there are new chapters you can check for updates/refresh the chapters for the manga
3. You can enable the checking for updates on startup, for example to check for shows that release on the current day

Just have in mind that different sources get the updates at different times.
Sometimes if I see that a chapter is released on another source, rather than the one I'm tracking it on, I just read it there and update the read status later.

Thanks!

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys,

I'm getting close to completing the first beta build for the next major update for the app. The plan is to go live with it at some point next week.
The beta is only for WP 8.1, so have that in mind, otherwise you won't be able to download the app.

There are a number of improvements and bug fixes in the beta, but there is also stuff that is still under development or I haven't gotten to improving it yet.
Some changes are obvious, while others are not, but as a whole visually there won't be a major redesign.

It is worth noting that there be dragons. :wink:
Bugs are expected, so I would greatly appreciate it if you let me know what issues you encounter or if you have any suggestions on how to improve things.
I'll be constantly updating the beta as the work progresses.

If anyone's interested, please let me know what your MS account email is and I'll add you.
You can also contact by email at mb.feedback@outlook.com or twitter @val_mitev.
You'll receive an email with a link to the app when it's released.

FYI: You can easily migrate your data from the current versions of the app by creating a backup to OneDrive and restoring it in the beta version.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Hey guys,

The first beta build is now available to those who wanted to take part in it.
If anyone else wants to take it for a spin, let me know. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte