[FREE + FULL] Manga Blaze - a manga reader and organiser for Windows and Windows Phone

manept

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: [FREE + FULL] Manga Blaze and Manga Blaze Plus - a manga reader and organiser

First things first - I <3 this app, it was responsible for messing up my sleeping schedule this summer, making me go to sleep at 5 am because I kept on reading, so my kudos to you, good sir
Secondly, how's the beta coming along? I'm not gonna suggest new features because the app, in my opinion, is close to perfect, just needs fixing and adapting in some areas thanks to the 8.1 upgrade, but any new stuff will be appreciated :wink:
Lastly, I want to take the chance to thank you for all your work and to wish you and this app the best :grin:

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Re: [FREE + FULL] Manga Blaze and Manga Blaze Plus - a manga reader and organiser

First things first - I <3 this app, it was responsible for messing up my sleeping schedule this summer, making me go to sleep at 5 am because I kept on reading, so my kudos to you, good sir
Secondly, how's the beta coming along? I'm not gonna suggest new features because the app, in my opinion, is close to perfect, just needs fixing and adapting in some areas thanks to the 8.1 upgrade, but any new stuff will be appreciated :wink:
Lastly, I want to take the chance to thank you for all your work and to wish you and this app the best :grin:

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoy the app.

As for the beta, so far it's progressing nicely. There are lots of bug fixes, various improvements and new stuff as well.
I really wanted to cram a lot of stuff into this update, but I realized it would take a lot of time to do them all in one go, so I'll add what I could not in the following updates (they'll be on a more regular basis, I can assure you of that).

So there's just a few more things to iron out and it will be ready. Hopefully that would be very soon. :)

Aaron D Wolf

Oct 10, 2014
Visit site

Hi :)

First of all, I really love the features you've put in the app. It's great that it marks what you've read and the update notifications work great.

But I have one issue... Some of the pages seem to be cut off or something :/ I am using the Lumia 925 and am fairly new to it so idk if it's due to the app or me. I have tried to view it full screen too, but still, the edges seem to be cut off.

Can you help me out?

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Hi :)

First of all, I really love the features you've put in the app. It's great that it marks what you've read and the update notifications work great.

But I have one issue... Some of the pages seem to be cut off or something :/ I am using the Lumia 925 and am fairly new to it so idk if it's due to the app or me. I have tried to view it full screen too, but still, the edges seem to be cut off.

Can you help me out?

Hi,

The issue with the cut off pages is because the images are too large and the WP image element can't display them. It scales them down and then eventually cuts them off.

In the presently available version of the app (WP8+) there is the option to enable image splitting, when enabled large images are split into smaller ones so that they can be viewed without loss of quality.
This works only for downloaded chapters and can be enabled in the unlocked version.

In the next update (and the beta that is currently going on) if the image splitting is enabled, it also works when viewing chapters online (not only for previously downloaded chapters).

If you are running WP8.1 on your phone, I can give you access to the beta so that you can try it out. :)

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site

Just want to let you know that recent 3.0.1.0 update render Manga Blaze unusable :crying:
Because I'm periodically backup my data it's alright now :smile:

If anyone experiencing same problem like mine just reinstall Manga Blaze and reload your backup and everything should work perfectly :smile:

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Just want to let you know that recent 3.0.1.0 update render Manga Blaze unusable :crying:
Because I'm periodically backup my data it's alright now :smile:

If anyone experiencing same problem like mine just reinstall Manga Blaze and reload your backup and everything should work perfectly :smile:

Hi,

Unfortunately it's an issue that affects a lot of people, but I've already submitted an update to resolve it. I just hope it goes through certification quickly.
Apparently the DB upgrade failed and this coming update should address that and complete the process.

Reinstalling the app will fix this issue and if you have a backup I suggest reinstalling and restoring.

I dropped the ball big time and I apologize for this.

Darren_MG

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site

So I downloaded the app, downloaded a few manga and saved some manga into my favorites and when I opened the app a week later all my favorites and downloaded manga were deleted. What happened?

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

So I downloaded the app, downloaded a few manga and saved some manga into my favorites and when I opened the app a week later all my favorites and downloaded manga were deleted. What happened?

Short version, I messed up the upgrade. :(
If you reinstall the app, it will work as it should.
If you have a backup you can restore your favorites from it.

I have already submitted a fix for that, I hope it gets certified soon.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

There's a new version available (3.0.2.0) that addresses the issues from the previous one.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Ok, now that the issues are resolved, I can finally say that a new version is available! :)

Here's the change log:

First it's the new WP8.1 version (v3). Since everyone will be getting WP8.1 eventually, I decided to focus on that version in particular.

? General: Improvements to chapter downloading, UI and under the hood
? General: Changed the way downloaded chapters are stored and handled, they are shown in chapter list always, doesn't matter if manga is in favorites or not (NOTE: offline data downloaded in the existing WP8.0 version will be removed)
? General: Reworked many parts of the app, should be much more stable now
? General: Improved the app multitasking, should work much better when returning to the app
? General: Missing images now show default image
? General: Splitting images will now work when reading online chapters
? General: Splitting images can be configured if split images should overlap
? General: App settings are now properly backed up/restored
? General: Notifications for new chapters should work better now
? General: New logo :)
? Home view: Context menus for recent items, remove from recent, add downloads and more
? Home view: Update button now includes various update options
? Home view: The pivot items can be hidden, configurable in settings
? Home view: Recent list can now show mangas with the same name from different sources
? Home view: New landing tips when first staring the app or when there are no recent items
? Manga details: Resume reading works not only for favorites
? Manga details: Chapter count is now based on actual number of available chapters
? Manga details: Last released chapter is shown bellow the chapter count
? Chapter view: You can now switch reading direction and reading mode while reading
? Chapter view: UI tweaks, progress for chapter downloads and reading direction indicator
? Chapter view: Menu option to reload the current page if it failed to load
? Chapter list: Updated chapter display, chapters can be selected one by one
? Chapter list: Chapters can be sorted by number or release date
? Chapter list: Additional context menu options, like download chapter and more
? Live tiles: New tile options, including WP8.1 tile templates
? Live tiles: Improved wide tile for custom tiles
? Live tiles: Fixed issue with constant reminders for new chapter when the chapter number is a decimal
? Sources: Fixed various issues like handling volume data, chapter number and titles, proper sorting
? Sources: Added Batoto sources in Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Italian
? Sources: Added ReadManga (Russian) source
? Various other tweaks and bug fixes

Then there's the update to the existing WP8.0 version (v2.3.0.0).

? Added Batoto sources in Spanish, Portuguese, German, French, Italian
? Added ReadManga (Russian) source
? New logo :)

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

There's a new update available for the WP8.1 version.

Version 3.0.3.0:

• Configurable chapter list templates, the original chapter list view can be restored
• You can now tap to reload failed to download chapter image pages
• Improvements to downloads, retrying and error display
• Fixed issue where setting continuous mode as default was not saved
• Fixed issue where app bar could overlap chapter page image in landscape orientation
• Bug fixes and tweaks

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site

the best manga reading app I ever used on all mobile platforms

I just bought the app twice ,once through the app and again from the store

and I have one request , when I double tap to zoom , it does not zoom that much , can you make double tap to zoom go to 200% (you can make this an optional in the settings ) because I hate to have to pinch to zoom in every page

again , I love the app and it's amazing how you made a great app on the first try with windowsphone

unCoVered

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site

Hi Val!
Are u still planning the release of a W8.1 APP?? This SO seriosly lacks a good manga reader.
I would love to see Manga blaze in the store (and pay for it again)!

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Hi Val!
Are u still planning the release of a W8.1 APP?? This SO seriosly lacks a good manga reader.
I would love to see Manga blaze in the store (and pay for it again)!

Yep, I'm currently spending a lot of time working on it.
I'm really pushing for releasing it in December. :)

anon(9213243)

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site

Hi! First of all, thank you so much for creating this app. It's literally the best in WP.
Your app is my source of relaxation.

I just wanted to know if you had any update scheduled for today.
My app is behaving strangely so I thought it would be best to make sure it's not just me.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site

Hi! First of all, thank you so much for creating this app. It's literally the best in WP.
Your app is my source of relaxation.

I just wanted to know if you had any update scheduled for today.
My app is behaving strangely so I thought it would be best to make sure it's not just me.

Nope, no updates this week.
If you've received an update for your phone (WP8.1), then you probably have gotten the update for the WP8.1 version of the app.

The launch of the WP8.1 version was a bit rocky (especially for those upgrading the app), so if you have any issues, please let me know and I'll try to address them as soon as I can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss