[FREE + FULL] Manga Blaze - a manga reader and organiser for Windows and Windows Phone

alisaad619

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I'm excited about the Windows 8.1 version

and can you please add double tap to zoom in the next update for Windows Phone version (because I hate to have to pinch to zoom in every page )

unCoVered

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I think that the 'data roaming' doesn't work between my apps.
After 2 hours my laptop app isn't updated with the new mangas that I added to favourites with my tablet xD

Am I doing something wrong?

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I think that the 'data roaming' doesn't work between my apps.
After 2 hours my laptop app isn't updated with the new mangas that I added to favourites with my tablet xD

Am I doing something wrong?

Currently to reduce the number of writes, the data is written for sync when you stop reading a manga and navigate away from the manga details.
After that I've noticed that it usually takes around 15-20 minutes for that data to be propagated.
After that when you open the app on another device it should sync and you'll get a toast notification when the sync is complete.

I'm still tweaking this functionality as it's the first time I'm using it, so there might be some issues unfortunately, but I'll be addressing them constantly.

BonbonBunny

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I am encountering the same problem someone on page 5 had, which is the app tile is grayed out, and launching from the app list is not possible. Have you found a solution to this problem yet? By the way, where can I find the downloaded chapters on my phone? I am looking for them with a computer, but couldnt find anything. BTW, I installed Manga Blaze on my SD card.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello. I am encountering the same problem someone on page 5 had, which is the app tile is grayed out, and launching from the app list is not possible. Have you found a solution to this problem yet? By the way, where can I find the downloaded chapters on my phone? I am looking for them with a computer, but couldnt find anything. BTW, I installed Manga Blaze on my SD card.

Downloaded chapters are stored in the app's local storage, that storage is not freely available for browsing.

I have plans to add the option to choose an arbitrary location on an SD card for chapter storage, but at this point I can't provide a specific time frame for when that will happen.

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Wow another great feature to wait for.
Right now I only download 10-15 chapters per tittle but with that I can download every chapter and store it on my SD card :excited:

Take your time ... Manga Blaze already work great as is :smile:

Hello. I am encountering the same problem someone on page 5 had, which is the app tile is grayed out, and launching from the app list is not possible. Have you found a solution to this problem yet?

It happen to me once but it fixed itself without me doing anything.
One thing I noticed when my Manga Blaze live tile blackened is Manga Blaze store page are missing view and share button.
It's like when you view an app page which is not available for your device or region you won't see any button at the bottom of the screen.

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
A new update is available for the WP8.1 version of the app:

Version 3.1.0.0:
• Data roaming now available
• Custom background images can be set throughout various parts the app (unlocked version only)
• Added option to merge backup files into the local data, also the restore UI is tweaked to be a bit more informative
• Resume data for mangas not in favorites is now properly persisted
• Some tweaks around chapter ordering and volume handling
• Various other bug fixes and tweaks

Last edited:

dbiesuz

Feb 4, 2015
Visit site
Hi!
First of all your app is amazing u did a really great job!
I had the free version and decide to upgrade to the full version!
did all the backup and its all right! but there's any way i can import the downloaded chapter from the free to the full version? could'nt find a way

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi!
First of all your app is amazing u did a really great job!
I had the free version and decide to upgrade to the full version!
did all the backup and its all right! but there's any way i can import the downloaded chapter from the free to the full version? could'nt find a way

Hi,

If you are using WP8+, then you can unlock the app by using an in app purchase. All your downloads will remain there.

If you are using WP7, then if you are moving from Manga Blaze to Manga Blaze Plus, there is not way to transfer the downloaded files.

PeterLou

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
Hi, your app is awesome, really. It's great to see such a nice app on the not-so-great store of Windows Phone. Thank you for that :)

Now, I got a tiny issue to report too :(
I've been trying to download Homunculus on Batoto, since it's the only source to have it 'organized'. All the chapters are named "Homunculus 0" (because each chapter is a whole volume). When the first chapter download ends, the app probably checks that "Homunculus 0" has already been downloaded and stop the other chapters downloads. On the 'Downloaded' list, everything seems to be ok, but they're all chapter one. On the chapter list, the only downloaded chapter is the first, too. I experienced the same problem with another manga I tried to download today, but just realized what the problem was now.

I know it's a problem with the host, not the app itself, but since I can't change things on the site, all I can do is hope for a fix on the app :(

Sorry for any grammar error, English is not my first language, and thank you again :D

eko_p

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Manga Blaze is my main must installed app so I never uninstall it since I Installed it for the first time.
But a few days ago I fell some lag on my phone and because of that I reset my phone.
To my surprise Windows phone also restore all of my Manga Blaze setting including my onedrive user-pass and it automatically redownload all of my offline manga again :love:

You have really nice feature there ... lots of app need to follow your great apps :excited:
Thanks!!!

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi, your app is awesome, really. It's great to see such a nice app on the not-so-great store of Windows Phone. Thank you for that :)

Now, I got a tiny issue to report too :(
I've been trying to download Homunculus on Batoto, since it's the only source to have it 'organized'. All the chapters are named "Homunculus 0" (because each chapter is a whole volume). When the first chapter download ends, the app probably checks that "Homunculus 0" has already been downloaded and stop the other chapters downloads. On the 'Downloaded' list, everything seems to be ok, but they're all chapter one. On the chapter list, the only downloaded chapter is the first, too. I experienced the same problem with another manga I tried to download today, but just realized what the problem was now.

I know it's a problem with the host, not the app itself, but since I can't change things on the site, all I can do is hope for a fix on the app :(

Sorry for any grammar error, English is not my first language, and thank you again :D

Hi,

Actually, it's a problem with the way the app currently handles the chapters from Batoto, in particular because of the way the chapters are named.
For this manga in particular, each "chapter" is actually a whole volume, thus the chapter is 0 and there's a bit of a confusion because of it.

This is a corner case and I'll make sure to fix it in the next version.

Regards

nehamerchant123

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I love this app, it is amazing! The only problem I have is that I've recently gotten the app (free version) on my W8.1 laptop but I can't figure out how sync it with my windows phone app. Any ideas?

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
I love this app, it is amazing! The only problem I have is that I've recently gotten the app (free version) on my W8.1 laptop but I can't figure out how sync it with my windows phone app. Any ideas?

You need to be using the same account on both devices, then the synchronization will work.

After the data is saved on one device, it can take at least 15 minutes for the data to be propagated and become available when you start the app on the other device.

I'm know that this functionality in the app is not yet perfect, but I'll be tweaking it. If you notice any strange behavior, please let me know and I'll look into it.

TFK001

Jul 19, 2014
Visit site
Hello val, it's been a year since I used this app and boy! I love it very much that I donate like 3 times.
But, I think I have a problem here...
1. Since 3 days ago, I can't open the app for no reason... It's like the app has been blocked by my phone. So, in the end... I tried to reinstall the app.
2. I reinstalled the app, but I can't use my backup that I store in my OneDrive folder..
3. Ditched the backup and decided to start from 0... When I tried to open a manga (let's say I can only open batoto and mangaeden because other than these, it's blocked on my country), it won't open the page and it says "There was a problem loading the manga de..... (this is cut off by the screen)"
I'll be waiting for your reply. Anyways, keep up the good work val!

EDIT: PROBLEM FIXED. Uninstall then re-install again.

Last edited:

val.m

May 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello val, it's been a year since I used this app and boy! I love it very much that I donate like 3 times.
But, I think I have a problem here...
1. Since 3 days ago, I can't open the app for no reason... It's like the app has been blocked by my phone. So, in the end... I tried to reinstall the app.
2. I reinstalled the app, but I can't use my backup that I store in my OneDrive folder..
3. Ditched the backup and decided to start from 0... When I tried to open a manga (let's say I can only open batoto and mangaeden because other than these, it's blocked on my country), it won't open the page and it says "There was a problem loading the manga de..... (this is cut off by the screen)"
I'll be waiting for your reply. Anyways, keep up the good work val!

EDIT: PROBLEM FIXED. Uninstall then re-install again.

Hi,

Are all 3 of your points OK now?

1. There's something strange happening for some people, the app icon gets grayed out and is not responsive, but this usually fixes on its own it a while. Maybe some store issue, still not sure.

2. If you are having problem with the restore, if you could send the backup file to me, I can investigate what's wrong with that.

3. This could be because of the source or because of your network connection. I guess it depends on where you are and what country you are in.
Fortunately for me, there's not blocking in my country, but unfortunately it can be hard for me to find out if a source is blocking something somewhere.

Still, if you are having problems with one or more source, please let me know and I'll investigate.

I'm currently working on updates for both the WP and Windows apps and I'll be addressing some issues with some of the sources as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)