[Free App] - Pin it! (pinning websites) - Now with website folders

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
pinIt_promo_variant-ONE_2_small.png

Pinned websites on your start screen don't have to look bad (in other words as websites' screenshots), Pin it! is better solution.

New update brings along folder feature. You can now organize favorite websites into folders. It is similar to apps organazing with App Folder. I also added a lot of predefined websites. Best way to add websites shortcuts to folder is from the edit folder page where you can use multiselect.

There is also new tile - stop music. I believe this one does not need an explanation. :)

- pin any website with any image
- search for images online within the app (Bing API implemented)
- crop function
- select picture from phone
- or create one using built-in image editor
- opening sites in UC Browser is supported
- pin system settings tiles
- whole app is FREE

I also created video demo, where I show features. (Video is from version 1.0)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVeLBXOQDgs

If you want to help me, send me popular websites from your country and I include them in future updates. Thanks. PM or mail: nemecek.dev@outlook.com

Pinit!_Store.png

Store link

Last edited:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Free App] - Pin it! - pin your favorite websites in a beautiful way

Thanks for bringing a new app to the attention of the members of WPCentral. This looks interesting and useful. Good luck with your app.

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

New update allows users to create simple images/logos for tiles. I also fixed some minor bugs and issues with phone white theme.

samy_a

Nov 27, 2013
Visit site

Love it!

Is it possible to edit a tile once it has been pinned?

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunately no, yet. You can only edit predefined tiles. I probably try to implement some section or list with pinned tiles so user can update them.

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

I submitted new update. Should be live soon (max 5 work days). There is now option to search for images inside application as well as crop them. Crop can be also applied to images from phone. Use UC Browser? No problem, there is option in settings to open websites in UC Browser instead of IE.

Btw Microsoft has picked my app to be featured in US Windows Phone Store today. :)

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Free App] - Pin it! - Version 2.0 brings a bunch of new features

New version is live and I also updated first post to better showcase the app. Soon you will be able to create your own folders for websites. :)

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: [Free App] - Pin it! (pinning websites) - Version 2.0 brings a bunch of new features

First of all, thanks for making an app that does what the OS should already do (but doesn't).

I don't know feasible these options are, but I think these would be really cool...
1: Notice if the website has a favicon and use it, by default (of course, allow the user to override).
2: Notice if the website has an RSS feed and use, by default (or let the user specify a feed).

I'm thinking something like what web developers can do with Windows 8.
My website has the ability to pin a live tile that cycles through feed items.
JJ

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Re: [Free App] - Pin it! (pinning websites) - Version 2.0 brings a bunch of new features

Hello, thanks for suggestions.

I was already trying to use favicons. However one problem is that getting them from various websites is not easy and mainly fast task. Bigger issue is that they are too small so I implemented Bing search instead. Once folders will be completed, I probably try favicons again (small tiles could look ok).

Yes I know Win 8 IE can show data on tiles. However on Windows Phone the only way to show multiple content would be to render lots of images with background agent (there are tough memory and time requierements). Not to mention I would have to render for example 5 images for each pinned site with RSS. Another way would be to just display count of new content on pinned tiles, it is now in my "to-try" list :)

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site

I was already trying to use favicons. However one problem is that getting them from various websites is not easy and mainly fast task. Bigger issue is that they are too small so I implemented Bing search instead. Once folders will be completed, I probably try favicons again (small tiles could look ok).

Instead of looking for the favicon (.ico), you could look for shortcut icon.
This is the favicon code that I use...

Code:
<!-- site icons -->
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="ae-transparent-080808-256x256.png">
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="ae-f8f8f8-080808-16x16.ico">
<!-- still needed?
<link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="ae-48x48.png">
-->

You might get better results.

Yes I know Win 8 IE can show data on tiles. However on Windows Phone the only way to show multiple content would be to render lots of images with background agent (there are tough memory and time requierements). Not to mention I would have to render for example 5 images for each pinned site with RSS. Another way would be to just display count of new content on pinned tiles, it is now in my "to-try" list :)

Maybe, instead of cycling, you just use the single, most recent, item?
Then it would only be 1 graphic.
JJ

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Thanks for info. Problem with shortcut icon is that it isn't available on every site. Same goes for Apple Touch icon. Anyway I'll what I can do about it.

One recent item on tile looks doable however I am not sure for much are people interested in seeing just one item on tile...

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site

Nearly done :)

wp_ss_20140204_0003.png

Screenshot sums up what will be new...

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Update is available. Now I plan to start working on option to edit pinned sites. App will also support opening websites in Maxthon Browser, I am in touch with the devs and they should send me info abou integration soon. Maybe Nokia Xpress will also work in future.

Thanks for support, app will be again featured in US WP Store and around the globe.

epzy.png

TGBmark1234

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi. This looks great. Once I get my phone back off HTC I'll be trying this out.

I'll add a vote for having an RSS feed embedded. That would pretty much make this my perfect news tile.

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Hi. This looks great. Once I get my phone back off HTC I'll be trying this out.

I'll add a vote for having an RSS feed embedded. That would pretty much make this my perfect news tile.

Hi, yes I was thinking about RSS feed but I don't want to over-combine the app and RSS for each tile would not probably work flawlessly.. Priority is now the ability to edit already pinned sites and automatic favicon/shortcut icon from the website itself.

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Update 2.4 is live. Application now supports opening websites in Maxthon Cloud Browser, Surfy and Nokia Xpress in addition to UC Browser and standard Internet Explorer. I have also removed all ads. Thanks for support.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb