Share your videos via bluetooth, email or social network using Kirik Video Share

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Kirik Video Share is the first Windows Phone app that lets you share videos from your windows phone's video collection via Bluetooth, email or social networks. The videos shared are those from videos hub (or videos folder) and not personal videos or prerecorded ones.

Note the following points:

1. Video sharing is ILLEGAL in many countries. By using this app, you are solely responsible for any legal issues that may spawn up. Please refer to your country/region laws before buying this app.

2. Videos must be added to Videos folder in phone memory or sd card. Videos in pictures folder can also be shared with this app but the default way is recommended. Videos in other folders of sd card (not phone memory) can also be shared. However they don't appear in music+videos hub.

3. You MUST enter the full path of the video file in the app. There is no file browser or auto method possible. Read below as to how you can get the path of the video.

4. Only those video and image files recognized by windows phone can be shared. Examples are mp4, wmv and jpg. Other file types like .mkv cannot be shared.

How to enter file path: IF your video is directly under videos folder and is named myvideo.mp4, the path is:

Videos\myvideo.mp4

If your video is in a subfolder called 'English' the path is

Videos\English\myvideo.mp4

More is explained in the app. Please make sure the path is totally correct. Otherwise the app won't work.

Extras: Videos in Pictures folder start with Pictures\

Videos in root folder of SD card can simply be accessed with their name. If there are folders, start naming from parent folder. Do not use '\' in the beginning.

If you have Nokia's video upload app, you can share apps on Youtube as well.

The app is free for a limited period and can be found here -> Kirik Video Share | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Last edited:

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I spent a lot of time investigating file system in WP. Nothing opened even for read, but you can read whole Windows folder and , this one strange, you can read folder where Photo application is stored.
So you want to say directly accessing video file is possible if you know the full pass?

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
No I do not even know file names, I am asking user to enter the file name and then I share the asked video. The whole process is poor, tedious and error prone but works if filename and extension is mentioned correctly. I did not find any other way as even personal videos are blocked for third party apps (non personal ones are understandable as WP ensures copyright protection).

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
Just tested this solution. Seems to work :) You can share video not only from Videos folder but from Pictures\Camera Roll as well (and even if you have your video files stored in Documents folder or just in root of phone!). I've tried to do the same with documents files, not working unfortunately.
Seems we will never get ability to access video files from Microsoft and from Nokia too. Shame on both of them.

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
My problem is not with Nokia or MS. Some semi-literate users fail to READ the details of an app and give negative and abusive ratings, which in turn affects app install rate. You will know this if you look at reviews from India. Ill-bred Symbian and android users are the major ones here.

Ray Adams

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I know this situation :) Belive me I am receiving up to 20-30 emails every days from people who just didn't read description of application. That is strange. You spended time to write email, but ignored description :) Thats why in some of my apps I've made popup window where I put everything about restrictions.

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
It isn't just about restrictions. Sometimes people ask for insane things. My app was about SD card, it is mentioned in the TITLE! And many have given one star ratings saying their phone does not have an SD card! Seriously WTH!

See this NQ Mobile Security | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

It is a fake antivirus app as we know WP cannot get affected by viruses. But the funny part is that people are abusing MS and Nokia saying they need a good antivirus like android. With such people around, what can you expect?

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Most people here in India just want free apps and thats it. They complain about not having an antivirus. My friends see my phone and say you don't have subway surfer, Candy crush. Angry birds is also not free. WTF....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb