Hey, I've been working on a Weather app for a while now (Its been out since August 31st, but I've added quite a lot of stuff since then). It's called Weathr, and its main purpose when I first started making it was to show forecast/weather data on the lockscreen in the detailed status area, instead of as a wallpaper. It works with all tile sizes, and uses Flickr to get panorama backgrounds based on your location. All this is great, and I personally love it, but I'm running out of stuff to add/improve. Eventually I plan to add full lockscreen image support, but That may take some time. Other than that, it would be great to hear feedback/criticism on the app. Its a free trial, $1.99 for full, here: http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...a-a530ac174ad5

So what are you looking for in a weather app?
    Thanks
    11-28-2013 10:24 AM
    Looks great! Unfortunately I can't try it since I'm on WP7 still...
    11-28-2013 11:56 AM
    Hey, I've been working on a Weather app for a while now (Its been out since August 31st, but I've added quite a lot of stuff since then). It's called Weathr, and its main purpose when I first started making it was to show forecast/weather data on the lockscreen in the detailed status area, instead of as a wallpaper. It works with all tile sizes, and uses Flickr to get panorama backgrounds based on your location. All this is great, and I personally love it, but I'm running out of stuff to add/improve. Eventually I plan to add full lockscreen image support, but That may take some time. Other than that, it would be great to hear feedback/criticism on the app. Its a free trial, $1.99 for full, here: Weathr | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

So what are you looking for in a weather app?
    Thanks
    The problem you are going to have with your app is the name. Error correction is hiding your app in the store. BTW, does that link you posted go anywhere? I can't get it to work.
    11-28-2013 12:05 PM
    Are you using the c# forecast io lib?
    11-28-2013 12:10 PM
    The problem you are going to have with your app is the name. Error correction is hiding your app in the store. BTW, does that link you posted go anywhere? I can't get it to work.
    Yeah, autocorrect for searching is definitely a problem. It shows up pretty high for Yahoo Weather, but not much other than that. Link definitely works for me in a browser, though I haven't tried on a phone

Are you using the c# forecast io lib?
    No, I'm using Weather Underground's API (since I also wanted a Weather Underground app) It's free for now, while I'm under a certain amount of API calls, though I may have to start using other APIs if I start going over
    11-28-2013 01:10 PM
    Cool :)

Wrote this a while ago hence the question :) Forecast.io c# wrapper
    geekaren likes this.
    11-28-2013 01:32 PM
    Cool :)

Wrote this a while ago hence the question :) Forecast.io c# wrapper
    Oh, awesome! I may end up needing that eventually, so thanks for telling me about it :)
    f0x_za likes this.
    11-28-2013 02:22 PM