The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-23-2017 03:12 PM
619 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    You are the first one to ask for it. I have put it on my to-do list. But it does not look like a much-requested feature, probably because there is no pokemon.
    Well I appreciate you giving the feature any attention you can, and totally understand if it gets bumped in favor of features in more demand. You're doing great work for people like me with a big collection of games and not a lot of time to replay them like I'd like to. Thanks a ton
    01-29-2014 06:38 PM
    I don't understand why you need me to send you the emulators with a different name. And to what email address?
    I know that this is an unusal request. I've already contacted with Andre Botelho about EmiNes and EmiPSX, but he didn't respond - so I had to download cracked versions of those, change their names to: Nintendo Nes, Nintendo PlayStation. But the thing is that I actually bought them at Windows Store, so no harm made I guess ;)

I'm a stickler and I just hate that... that's what it's all about :(

Could you send me VBA8 with name/title: Nintendo GameBoy, VGBC8: Nintendo GameBoy and Snes8x: Nintendo Snes? My mail: eaggy@outlook.com

I couldn't find a way to change titles of apps in my WIndows Phone menu :/
    01-29-2014 11:38 PM
    I know that this is an unusal request. I've already contacted with Andre Botelho about EmiNes and EmiPSX, but he didn't respond - so I had to download cracked versions of those, change their names to: Nintendo Nes, Nintendo PlayStation. But the thing is that I actually bought them at Windows Store, so no harm made I guess ;)

I'm a stickler and I just hate that... that's what it's all about :(

Could you send me VBA8 with name/title: Nintendo GameBoy, VGBC8: Nintendo GameBoy and Snes8x: Nintendo Snes? My mail: eaggy@outlook.com

I couldn't find a way to change titles of apps in my WIndows Phone menu :/
    I don't mind if you download the cracked version. This app is under GPL license anyway.
    Eaggy likes this.
    01-29-2014 11:49 PM
    What do you think about this design?

JimiDiGriz and Mark section like this.
    01-30-2014 12:06 AM
    That's so cool! But I can't find any of your emulators on the internet other than those from the market. That will be a challenge for me - if you could send me them without recompiling and I will try to do it by myself. I don't want to disturb you or anything like that, because of my strange request. I just want everything to look perfect on my device.

About the new design: I love it. It's more readable and looks a lot better!

Best regards,
    Gabriel
    I sent you Nintendo Snes xap. VBA8 is a mess at the moment. Will do that when I finish the redesign.
    Eaggy likes this.
    01-30-2014 12:22 AM
    What are your plans for the battery drain?
    01-30-2014 12:38 AM
    I sent you Nintendo Snes xap. VBA8 is a mess at the moment. Will do that when I finish the redesign.
    Thank you so much! I'll be waiting for VBA8, you are great!
    01-30-2014 12:41 AM
    What are your plans for the battery drain?
    There is nothing I can do. Microsoft does not allow the use of a coding technique that is required to make an efficient emulator because that same technique is often used by virus. Therefore emulators on windows phone can never be efficient.
    tardismatrix22 likes this.
    01-30-2014 12:43 AM
    I just noticed that there is a limitation about the games (Snes8x). I've got exactly 102 which of those just 50 are displaying (from SD card), guessing that it will be the same case in two other emulators. Is there anything that can be done about this?
    01-30-2014 05:26 AM
    I think the new design shown above looks nice :) Looks very organized.

Speaking of design (of which I am very picky since I am kind of in an industry related to design), I think the image in the new tile is too large, leaving too little space near the edge, making it looks a bit cramped. It might be good to give the option to use the phone color's theme for the tile too :)
    01-30-2014 05:33 AM
    I just noticed that there is a limitation about the games (Snes8x). I've got exactly 102 which of those just 50 are displaying (from SD card), guessing that it will be the same case in two other emulators. Is there anything that can be done about this?
    I don't think so. There is no such limit in my code so it is likely a limit of windows phone api.
    01-30-2014 08:48 AM
    I think the new design shown above looks nice :) Looks very organized.

Speaking of design (of which I am very picky since I am kind of in an industry related to design), I think the image in the new tile is too large, leaving too little space near the edge, making it looks a bit cramped. It might be good to give the option to use the phone color's theme for the tile too :)
    thanks. I will fix it when I have time.
    01-30-2014 08:48 AM
    change their names to: Nintendo Nes, Nintendo PlayStation.
    You do realize the playstation - despite originally conceptualized as an addon for the SNES - was made by Sony, right? :D

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta
    01-30-2014 10:46 AM
    I don't think so. There is no such limit in my code so it is likely a limit of windows phone api.
    That's what I was afraid of :/ Oh well, so there's nothing that anyone can do about this.

You do realize the playstation - despite originally conceptualized as an addon for the SNES - was made by Sony, right? :D
    Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk Beta
    Hahaha, so sorry! Too many Nintendo emulators :)

SNES-CD - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Pretty good one :)
    01-30-2014 12:17 PM
    That's what I was afraid of :/ Oh well, so there's nothing that anyone can do about this.
    Well I think I can change the code to let the user select the folder. Then you just need to split the roms into several folders.
    01-30-2014 12:22 PM
    That would be really great, I had to choose half of my favourite games for now and that hurts. Especially when I can play any of those games at full speed, perfect emulation! Oh, I will have my salary in Monday, so I'm gonna donate :) Now only for Snes8x, but in the nearest future also for VGBA8 (I'm just waiting for this one). By the way - I've changed the icons in nes/snes/ps emulators for those red ones:

UPDATED! 50 Emulator Icons / Tiles for Windows 8! by GTiedtke on deviantART

They are perfect with the red tiles theme :)
    01-30-2014 12:36 PM
    That would be really great, I had to choose half of my favourite games for now and that hurts. Especially when I can play any of those games at full speed, perfect emulation! Oh, I will have my salary in Monday, so I'm gonna donate :) Now only for Snes8x, but in the nearest future also for VGBA8 (I'm just waiting for this one). By the way - I've changed the icons in nes/snes/ps emulators for those red ones:

UPDATED! 50 Emulator Icons / Tiles for Windows 8! by GTiedtke on deviantART

They are perfect with the red tiles theme :)
    So do you want to wait for the new VBA8 version or version 2.5 is fine with you? If you just need v2.5 I think I can send to you now.
    01-30-2014 12:45 PM
    So do you want to wait for the new VBA8 version or version 2.5 is fine with you? If you just need v2.5 I think I can send to you now.
    I think that v2.5 will be really fine, if this wouldn't be a problem. Thank you in advance! As soon as I'm gonna get it and change the icons, I'll show the screenshot and screw it, donate today :)
    01-30-2014 12:46 PM
    I think that v2.5 will be really fine, if this wouldn't be a problem. Thank you in advance! As soon as I'm gonna get it and change the icons, I'll show the screenshot and screw it, donate today :)
    VGBC8 sent. waiting for your reply in email. VGBC8 is actually not a donation ware like snes8x. You could pay to remove ad. If you want to do that, you should do it on the sideloaded version.
    01-30-2014 01:06 PM
    VGBC8 sent. waiting for your reply in email. VGBC8 is actually not a donation ware like snes8x. You could pay to remove ad. If you want to do that, you should do it on the sideloaded version.
    All done, thank you so much! I don't need the other one, makes really no difference - they are identical :) I've already donated thru Snes8x and bought no ads + premium features for VGBC8. I've got a question: if I'll decide to reinstall it, will the ads return? Now I can say, that I'm fulfilled!

Screenshots:
    wp_ss_20140130_0005.png wp_ss_20140130_0006.png

Going to play Kirby :))
    Last edited by Eaggy; 01-30-2014 at 01:58 PM.
    01-30-2014 01:41 PM
    All done, thank you so much! I don't need the other one, makes really no difference - they are identical :) I've already donated thru Snes8x and bought no ads + premium features for VGBC8. I've got a question: if I'll decide to reinstall it, will the ads return? Now I can say, that I'm fulfilled!

Screenshots:
    The purchase is permanent as long as you reinstall it by sideloading. For some reason, the purchase you make in the sideloaded app is not the same as the purchase you make in the official app.
    01-30-2014 01:57 PM
    Tweak the design a little bit.

Last edited by illidanx; 01-31-2014 at 01:27 AM.
    01-31-2014 01:03 AM
    Tweak the design a little bit.

http://i.imgur.com/31YLhM4.png
    That looks great. As long as we have the dark theme still available. Good job by both you and your artist.
    01-31-2014 01:27 AM
    That looks great. As long as we have the dark theme still available. Good job by both you and your artist.
    Well actually I'm following the approach of Bing News/Food&Drink apps here. Only focus on one theme so that I can customize it to the best instead of supporting both themes and both looks like crap.

Edit: dark theme may come later but I will put the light theme out first.
    Last edited by illidanx; 01-31-2014 at 01:57 AM.
    01-31-2014 01:44 AM
    Well actually I'm following the approach of Bing News/Food&Drink apps here. Only focus on one theme so that I can customize it to the best instead of supporting both themes and both looks like crap.

Edit: dark theme may come later but I will put the light theme out first.
    That seems reasonable. I personally like dark themed apps. Don't know about others. Can't wait to see the final result
    01-31-2014 11:04 AM
619 ... 89101112 ...