08-29-2018 08:38 AM
620 ... 1011121314 ...
tools
    It works well on my 920, however it is really choppy. It isn't like the computer which is smooth. Is this normal?
    ok, my previous post was wrong. I had frameskip (increase emulation speed) set to 3, so I did not notice the difference between normal mode and turbo mode. Once I set frameskip (increase emulation speed) to 0, I can notice the difference.

about the choppy problem, you are asking the cpu run faster than it can, so it become choppy. If you disable sound in setting and set frameskip (turbo mode) to only 4, it will not be choppy.
    tardismatrix22 likes this.
    02-04-2014 09:06 PM
    ok, my previous post was wrong. I had frameskip (increase emulation speed) set to 3, so I did not notice the difference between normal mode and turbo mode. Once I set frameskip (increase emulation speed) to 0, I can notice the difference.

about the choppy problem, you are asking the cpu run faster than it can, so it become choppy. If you disable sound in setting and set frameskip (turbo mode) to only 4, it will not be choppy.
    Sound is the real killer, iif you turn off sound AND sync-it works perfectly. The sync makes it really choppy.
    02-05-2014 11:38 PM
    Version 2.6 with new design are available.
    - New design
    - Switch between dark and light theme in Settings -> General
    - Tap on the right side of a rom entry for context menu (the three-dot hint can be turned off in Settings)
    02-06-2014 01:05 PM
    Hi, first of all, i want to thank you for this amazing app.

After that, i would like to ask you something: is it possible to add a "link cable" feature or something like that?

Thanks in advance
    02-08-2014 08:59 AM
    Hi, first of all, i want to thank you for this amazing app.

After that, i would like to ask you something: is it possible to add a "link cable" feature or something like that?

Thanks in advance
    I tried working on that a little bit but encountered a lot of problems, so I decided to put it off at the moment.
    02-08-2014 09:03 AM
    I tried working on that a little bit but encountered a lot of problems, so I decided to put it off at the moment.
    Oh, it will be awesome if you could do it at some point. Anyway, good job man.
    02-08-2014 09:15 AM
    Is the "Choose portrait background color" not working in SNES8x? It doesn't save my color selection.
    02-08-2014 12:45 PM
    any plans to update the ones on W8.1?
    02-08-2014 01:08 PM
    you are referring to snes8x right? because vba8 has cheat options. I will look into it.

I have no plan for Nintendo ds at the moment. First, it has 2 screens, not sure how to show that on a smart phone. Second, DS' spec is quite high, you will need a pretty powerful smartphone to handle it. Third, a good open source DS emulator is not yet available; you have to start from somewhere right?
    there is a PC emulator called desmumr and its open source and it has an android port called nds4droid which is based on it both are open source
    02-09-2014 02:26 AM
    there is a PC emulator called desmumr and its open source and it has an android port called nds4droid which is based on it both are open source
    Is it decent? I mean if it's like nds4ios, its not gonna be up to par with other emulators; it wouldn't be worth it, if it was bad.
    02-09-2014 06:21 AM
    The new app design is looking good.

I was wondering whether you can add an option to disable the bilinear filter. I'm not a big fan of it, as it makes everything look blurry.
    02-09-2014 06:59 AM
    Is the "Choose portrait background color" not working in SNES8x? It doesn't save my color selection.
    Wow, for some reason I missed the notification email from wpcentral.

It works for me. just make sure you hit the (V) button after choosing your color. https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...t=photo%2c.png
    02-09-2014 11:10 PM
    that was my old post. After that I discover that MS does not allow a particular coding technique that is required to make an efficient emulator. Anything existing emulators from N64 and above use this techniques because the emulator performance would be terrible without it. That's also why VBA8 runs so hot.
    02-09-2014 11:12 PM
    Is it decent? I mean if it's like nds4ios, its not gonna be up to par with other emulators; it wouldn't be worth it, if it was bad.
    See my answer above about MS not allowing a necessary coding technique.
    02-09-2014 11:12 PM
    The new app design is looking good.

I was wondering whether you can add an option to disable the bilinear filter. I'm not a big fan of it, as it makes everything look blurry.
    I'm using the default scaling behavior provided by Direct3D. The version of Direct3D shipped with windows phone does not include any option for its scaling algorithm. If I want to change the behavior, I would have to write my own or try to find some available library online. It is on my to-do list but not one of the top priority.
    02-09-2014 11:18 PM
    Hey thanks for the work you do. I have a problem with vba8 however. Problems started with the last 2 updates. I'm on a Lumia 920 and the app crashes randomly all the time. I've tried testing to see what could be causing it but it does look purely random. If I stay in the menu for long and don't press anything, it crashes. If I so press something it crashes.( just closes I mean no message just a kick to the start screen). If I'm in a game, either tapping the screen or not it crashes. It crashes within 5 seconds or 5 it 15 minutes. As I said totally random. I know gba8 is basically identical and I have no problems with that one. I don't know if you know what's up but if you didn't I just told you :) its an inconvenience not a problem. Just keep doing good work.
    02-10-2014 12:08 AM
    Hey thanks for the work you do. I have a problem with vba8 however. Problems started with the last 2 updates. I'm on a Lumia 920 and the app crashes randomly all the time. I've tried testing to see what could be causing it but it does look purely random. If I stay in the menu for long and don't press anything, it crashes. If I so press something it crashes.( just closes I mean no message just a kick to the start screen). If I'm in a game, either tapping the screen or not it crashes. It crashes within 5 seconds or 5 it 15 minutes. As I said totally random. I know gba8 is basically identical and I have no problems with that one. I don't know if you know what's up but if you didn't I just told you :) its an inconvenience not a problem. Just keep doing good work.
    I am sorry for your convenience. I have been trying to solve the crashing problem but so far has managed to find and fix only one cause. There are other mysterious causes that I cannot reproduce in debugging environment, yet they happen when i'm using the app for gaming. If you have any reliable way to reduce the crash, please tell me and I will fix them right away.
    02-10-2014 12:14 AM
    There is hope for linking now. I managed to make it work on the desktop version of VBA-M (desktop version, not windows 8 store). Now I will try to port it to windows phone, so no update in a while when i'm working on it.
    Zakriel likes this.
    02-10-2014 11:04 AM
    There is hope for linking now. I managed to make it work on the desktop version of VBA-M (desktop version, not windows 8 store). Now I will try to port it to windows phone, so no update in a while when i'm working on it.
    how exactly does linking even work? Just wondering
    02-10-2014 11:20 AM
    In an emulator I mean
    02-10-2014 11:20 AM
    In an emulator I mean
    on desktop, you open 2 instances of the emulator, these 2 instances share some memory space and exchange data through the shared memory. Go to vbalink.info for more info and to download the emulator with functional linking.

on windows phone, the plan is to fire up 2 emulation threads, one for each device. The concern is whether the phone is powerful enough for this.
    02-10-2014 11:51 AM
    Do you have any idea of when Snes8x will update?
    02-10-2014 11:59 AM
    Do you have any idea of when Snes8x will update?
    you mean for the new interface? I have not worked on it yet. If it's important, I can update snes8x then spend time on linking.
    02-10-2014 12:01 PM
    Take your time, bro. You're doing a great job!
    I have only one feature request: Instead of freezing the game screen on the GBA emulator when you leave the game, make an option for default cover, like the old emulator had.

Thank you!
    02-10-2014 12:04 PM
    Take your time, bro. You're doing a great job!
    I have only one feature request: Instead of freezing the game screen on the GBA emulator when you leave the game, make an option for default cover, like the old emulator had.

Thank you!
    there still is. setting -> general -> manual create screenshot.
    02-10-2014 12:13 PM
620 ... 1011121314 ...