12-23-2017 04:12 PM
619 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    hi, i'm sorry for what happened. I have no clue why it could happen. are you sure you are choosing the right save state? and VBA8 closing randomly is nothing new, i have been trying to fix it but not could not do it completely.
    Unfortunely it is the right save. I just have one. Did you ever consider auto cloud save for it?
    02-15-2014 08:03 AM
    Unfortunely it is the right save. I just have one. Did you ever consider auto cloud save for it?
    there is auto upload to skydrive in the to-do list but i have not had time to tend to it yet.
    02-15-2014 09:41 AM
    Hi, do you mean you played for 30 minutes with linking on all the time until the freezing happened? What game are you playing?
    I would turn on linking. 30 minutes into the game, it would freeze. I had to soft reset. I'm playing the .sav file for emerald you sent, and trading with a game I was playing on my PC. This happens with any save state I have, no matter how much I completed.
    02-15-2014 04:53 PM
    I would turn on linking. 30 minutes into the game, it would freeze. I had to soft reset. I'm playing the .sav file for emerald you sent, and trading with a game I was playing on my PC. This happens with any save state I have, no matter how much I completed.
    Thanks, I will check on that.
    Edit: but you can still trade pokemon before that right?
    02-15-2014 05:08 PM
    I have two 920s I can link together to test. Just lmk what to do... If you want me to
    02-15-2014 05:20 PM
    I have two 920s I can link together to test. Just lmk what to do... If you want me to
    Please pm me with your MS email, I will add you to the beta list.
    02-15-2014 05:31 PM
    Thanks, I will check on that.
    Edit: but you can still trade pokemon before that right?
    Yes i can, and would trading work with an android as well? I can test it through mobile that way.
    02-15-2014 06:58 PM
    Yes i can, and would trading work with an android as well? I can test it through mobile that way.
    unfortunately no, unless I published VBA8 to android market. Different programs implement linking in totally different ways.
    tardismatrix22 likes this.
    02-15-2014 07:41 PM
    By the way, how is the game speed when linking. On my phone, it's only about 1/5 of original speed, mostly due to the latency between 2 phones. I tried to improve the speed but I only gain like 1% speed in exchange for much less stable linking.
    02-15-2014 11:39 PM
    By the way, how is the game speed when linking. On my phone, it's only about 1/5 of original speed, mostly due to the latency between 2 phones. I tried to improve the speed but I only gain like 1% speed in exchange for much less stable linking.
    To PC it is full speed, both as host and client. But connecting as a client takes a while, besides that and the issue of the 30 minute connection. I dont have two phones to test, and I will check how it works on android. Just in case it does connect.
    02-16-2014 12:08 AM
    To PC it is full speed, both as host and client. But connecting as a client takes a while, besides that and the issue of the 30 minute connection. I dont have two phones to test, and I will check how it works on android. Just in case it does connect.
    I know how My Boy! works. Each phone keeps 2 instances of the emulator, one that the user sees, and one that is the ghost of the other user. The user interacts with the ghost of the other player and the phone periodically updates the ghost to be in sync with the other player. This way there is no perceivable lag. That's also why when linking 2 different games, My Boy! requires both games on each phone. It is how they do it in online multiplayer game.

My current implementation is naive, I'm not going to try improving it further. I'd better spend time doing the smart way.
    02-16-2014 02:17 AM
    What exactly is new in the beta?
    02-16-2014 04:18 PM
    What exactly is new in the beta?
    fix some crash problem with linking and freezing when one device disconnects.
    02-16-2014 04:29 PM
    Is linking worth the effort? Can they be linked by Bluetooth?

Sent from my MIND
    02-17-2014 06:05 AM
    Is linking worth the effort? Can they be linked by Bluetooth?

Sent from my MIND
    yes and not yet.
    02-17-2014 10:04 AM
    I found a problem with 2.8. After using link for a while, the game stops. My phone doesn't freeze and nothing happens on my PC, but the game itself stops. The buttons dont work, but I can quit. This happens often, however I can go back to the start screen and continue again. I have to restart the link again.
    02-18-2014 02:10 AM
    I found a problem with 2.8. After using link for a while, the game stops. My phone doesn't freeze and nothing happens on my PC, but the game itself stops. The buttons dont work, but I can quit. This happens often, however I can go back to the start screen and continue again. I have to restart the link again.
    thanks, how long can you play before that happens? And do you use the back key while linking? Using the back key is very dangerous because it paused the game, hence may severe the link.
    02-18-2014 02:23 AM
    thanks, how long can you play before that happens? And do you use the back key while linking? Using the back key is very dangerous because it paused the game, hence may severe the link.
    About an hour, sometimes longer. Its never less than an hour though. And I only use the back button after the game freezes.
    illidanx likes this.
    02-18-2014 02:39 PM
    Your emulators are the only apps that can be work on x86, RT and Windows Phone. And syncing or export/import save states with skydrive is awsome too! So.. do you have any plans to make Genesis and NES emulator? It would be wonderful if you make these emulators..
    I know it is hard but there is no GEN, NES apps support what I said. I am willing to donate.
    02-20-2014 12:19 AM
    Your emulators are the only apps that can be work on x86, RT and Windows Phone. And syncing or export/import save states with skydrive is awsome too! So.. do you have any plan to make Genesis and NES emulator? It would be wonderful if you make these emulators.. I am willing to donate.
    Hi, there are several genesis and NES emulators already. Check out EmiGens, Blue Tomato (genesis), vneslight, EmiNes (nes). I have a lot of things to improve in these 3 apps given I only do it in my free time.
    02-20-2014 12:22 AM
    Hi, there are several genesis and NES emulators already. Check out EmiGens, Blue Tomato (genesis), vneslight, EmiNes (nes). I have a lot of things to improve in these 3 apps given I only do it in my free time.
    Thanks for reply. But that emulators don't support export/import save states with skydrive!! Ok.. I will make NES, GEN emulators that support syncing save states on x86, RT, WP some day.. maybe.. T_T
    02-20-2014 12:39 AM
    Guys... Can u tell me if the VBA8 I downloaded is free ( I mean NT like some trial version) ??? And also how to input the cheats?? Gameshark, dtc
    02-20-2014 02:03 AM
    Guys... Can u tell me if the VBA8 I downloaded is free ( I mean NT like some trial version) ??? And also how to input the cheats?? Gameshark, dtc
    Most of it is free with ads. There are very few features locked behind the premium feature restriction. To put cheat, just tap on the 3 dots next to each game.
    02-20-2014 10:55 AM
    It only took less than a day for v2.9 to pass certification. MS is changing it in the right direction. Here is the changes:
    2.9.0:
    - NEVER lose your progress any more: emulator now auto saves every 60 seconds and when exiting game. Users should still perform a manual save once in a while in case the auto save file got corrupted.
    - NEW: You can now edit cheat code.
    - NEW: SD Card Import now lets you browse for files and support both ROMs and saves.
    - NEW: Merge Skydrive's Import and Import ROM buttons.
    - NEW: Add support for .zip extension on Skydrive and .zib extension for SD Card (because .zip extension on SD Card is reserved by the OS).
    - FIX: importing save file no longer requires users to restart the app.
    - FIX: 16-character Gameshark code that have no space in between now work properly. As a side effect, all 16-character cheat codes that was working before have to be *edited* with proper space to work again.
    - FIX: game crashes after editing cheat codes.
    - FIX: SD Card does not display list of files.
    02-20-2014 05:53 PM
    It only took less than a day for v2.9 to pass certification. MS is changing it in the right direction. Here is the changes:
    2.9.0:
    - NEVER lose your progress any more: emulator now auto saves every 60 seconds and when exiting game. Users should still perform a manual save once in a while in case the auto save file got corrupted.
    - NEW: You can now edit cheat code.
    - NEW: SD Card Import now lets you browse for files and support both ROMs and saves.
    - NEW: Merge Skydrive's Import and Import ROM buttons.
    - NEW: Add support for .zip extension on Skydrive and .zib extension for SD Card (because .zip extension on SD Card is reserved by the OS).
    - FIX: importing save file no longer requires users to restart the app.
    - FIX: 16-character Gameshark code that have no space in between now work properly. As a side effect, all 16-character cheat codes that was working before have to be *edited* with proper space to work again.
    - FIX: game crashes after editing cheat codes.
    - FIX: SD Card does not display list of files.
    can we disable autosave???because I wouldn't like to save my fight in a game of I was losing it. :)
    02-21-2014 06:09 AM
619 ... 1213141516 ...