08-29-2018 08:38 AM
620 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    I'm still working on it.
    All right, just checking. No rush.
    03-30-2014 12:39 AM
    All right, just checking. No rush.
    I got the answers. There are two problems.

1. There are 2 versions of the ROM: North America and Rest of the World. You got different cheat codes for different versions. You can check by opening the rom with VBA on PC, choose File -> Rom Information, B24E means North America, B24P means Rest of the world. If you go to codejunkies.com, you can choose find the cheat codes for the right ROM version.

2. Even though cheat code is written like this, it's the old format and is not supported in VBA8.
    9aa269d8
    3cae91ba
    f9fbc182
    029e63e3

You have to enter it like this in VBA8, note there is one space in between.
    9aa269d8 3cae91ba
    f9fbc182 029e63e3

Here is cheat code for rest of world version: Cheat Codes for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team on Game Boy Advance & SP - Codejunkies
    for North America version: Cheat Codes for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red on Game Boy Advance & SP - Codejunkies US

And here is it working in VBA8: http://1drv.ms/1odkdko

Edit: next version will automatically transform cheats in the format
    to
    12345678 12345678
    Last edited by illidanx; 03-31-2014 at 12:25 AM.
    03-30-2014 01:22 AM
    illidanx please give us the option to use our theme colour on the tile!!
    SergyOrtiz likes this.
    04-01-2014 06:21 PM
    illidanx please give us the option to use our theme colour on the tile!!
    OK, I will put it on my to-do list. I guess it is important given the new background option in windows phone 8.1.
    04-01-2014 06:32 PM
    OK, I will put it on my to-do list. I guess it is important given the new background option in windows phone 8.1.
    exactly :)
    04-01-2014 06:37 PM
    Hey illidanx why didn't snes8x get the update for accent colour on the tile? Now that I think about it, why does it never get updated?
    04-03-2014 04:14 PM
    Hey illidanx why didn't snes8x get the update for accent colour on the tile? Now that I think about it, why does it never get updated?
    good question. To be frank, Snes8x is based on Snes9x whose license prohibits any commercial gains, so there is almost no incentive for frequently updating the app. I will update it when i'm done with the major things I want to do with VBA8/VGBC8 though.
    04-03-2014 04:24 PM
    good question. To be frank, Snes8x is based on Snes9x whose license prohibits any commercial gains, so there is almost no incentive for frequently updating the app. I will update it when i'm done with the major things I want to do with VBA8/VGBC8 though.
    thanks for eventually doing that without profit :)
    I really can't wait though because snes8x looks really boring now compared to vba and vgbc!
    04-03-2014 04:40 PM
    Thanks for adding "searching cheats" option!Now it's really awesome!! (y) :D
    illidanx likes this.
    04-03-2014 10:38 PM
    Hey, just wanted to stop back and say thanks for all the work you put into the cheat system. I went back and got a US version of the ROM (didn't know I had a EU version, it never told me), and I just restarted the game, using cheats to fast forward a bit. But the new cheat stuff is awesome!

Also, what are the odds that we'll ever see a DS emulator? I know Android has one.
    04-06-2014 07:39 PM
    Hey, just wanted to stop back and say thanks for all the work you put into the cheat system. I went back and got a US version of the ROM (didn't know I had a EU version, it never told me), and I just restarted the game, using cheats to fast forward a bit. But the new cheat stuff is awesome!

Also, what are the odds that we'll ever see a DS emulator? I know Android has one.
    It's like 0 percent. You need Dynamic Recompilation to make a DS emulator but Microsoft does not allow it. If you are curious, you can read more here Dynamic recompilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    04-06-2014 08:09 PM
    It's like 0 percent. You need Dynamic Recompilation to make a DS emulator but Microsoft does not allow it. If you are curious, you can read more here Dynamic recompilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hm... Why doesn't Microsoft allow it?
    04-06-2014 11:31 PM
    Hm... Why doesn't Microsoft allow it?
    Because that can be used by viruses to hide themselves. Apple does not allow it either unless you jailbreak.
    04-07-2014 12:24 AM
    #MASSIVE #RESPECT to Illidanx(AKA Duc Le) from all of us for updating this emulator regularly :) ^_^

download-17-.jpg
    illidanx likes this.
    04-08-2014 02:38 PM
    Its great that you still supporting the development and many thanks for bringing back to Windows 8/RT. I mean I give all praises for what you have done.

I was trying a feature you added while back that merged GBC and GBA into one emulator(visa versa depending which emulator users have) and it played out very nicely on both. So I was thinking if an update like this would merge GBC and GBA into SNES8x. Nintendo pretty much covered it for the most part with Super Gameboy. So it gave me the idea that it would be great to have a unified emulator and a future update with NES and N64 into it.

Would you consider this Duc Le? It be nice to have a full blow "Nintendo" beside Xbox. :-)
    04-10-2014 06:41 PM
    Its great that you still supporting the development and many thanks for bringing back to Windows 8/RT. I mean I give all praises for what you have done.

I was trying a feature you added while back that merged GBC and GBA into one emulator(visa versa depending which emulator users have) and it played out very nicely on both. So I was thinking if an update like this would merge GBC and GBA into SNES8x. Nintendo pretty much covered it for the most part with Super Gameboy. So it gave me the idea that it would be great to have a unified emulator and a future update with NES and N64 into it.

Would you consider this Duc Le? It be nice to have a full blow "Nintendo" beside Xbox. :-)
    Hi, that is a good idea but unfortunately that probably would take lots of time. I did not have to do much to merge the GBA and GBC emulators since they are already in the same project and share a lot of codes. Even the VBA program on desktop can handle both GBA and GBC games.
    04-10-2014 07:01 PM
    if you are able to fix the heating up issue and huge batter drain. Will not mind paying 2$ for it.
    Also bro is there a way to improve graphics?

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    The battery drain is due to windows phone restrictions, if it is any lower the phone itself will think its a virus. Also the heating up is due to the app working your phone's processors like crazy. there isn't much he can do until the phone restrictions are either removed or Microsoft becomes more lenient.
    04-13-2014 08:50 PM
    The battery drain is due to windows phone restrictions, if it is any lower the phone itself will think its a virus. Also the heating up is due to the app working your phone's processors like crazy. there isn't much he can do until the phone restrictions are either removed or Microsoft becomes more lenient.
    thanks for answering. yeah, VBA8 is not the most efficient emulator on Earth, due to Microsoft restrictions and also due to the fact that there is no better open source emulator for Gameboy Advance. About graphics, you are scaling from a 160p game to your 480p, 720p screens, so pixilation is unavoidable.
    tardismatrix22 likes this.
    04-13-2014 09:04 PM
    TO PAID USERS WITH WP8.1 DEV PREVIEW: If you found your purchased features disabled, just click on the purchase button, enter your Wallet PIN if necessary and you will be able to activate your paid feature without having to pay again.
    Last edited by illidanx; 04-15-2014 at 10:53 AM.
    04-15-2014 12:58 AM
    TO PAID USERS WITH WP8.1 DEV PREVIEW: If you found your purchased features disabled, just click on the purchase button, enter your Wallet PIN if necessary and you will be able to activate your paid feature without having to pay again.
    Funny thing was, moga Controller support was still there, only ads were showing.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_206 using Tapatalk
    04-15-2014 10:34 AM
    Funny thing was, moga Controller support was still there, only ads were showing.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_206 using Tapatalk
    Well, that is because you had MOGA option turned on before the features were disabled. If you turned it off, you wouldn't be able to turn it on again until you have reinstall your purchased products (for free).
    04-15-2014 10:53 AM
    Ah, didn't know that. Wasn't able to reinstall my purchase yesterday due to the broken store though.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk beta
    04-15-2014 02:34 PM
    Was hoping the MOGA bluetooth issues would be resolved with WP8.1 but no joy. Still won't connect on my L820 unless I delete all other bluetooth profiles. Bit disappointing as it's not an issue on some other Lumia models from what's been said in this thread. Unfortunately it's just too much hassle to remove everything when I want to play (knowing I'll have to readd each one). Understand its an issue with the phone and not the app but the result is that the app gets limited use on my phone at the mo'.
    04-16-2014 02:48 AM
    Feature asking :) importing save files from sd card
    04-17-2014 09:24 AM
    I can't remember, this might have been addressed already... is there anything in the OneDrive APIs that would let the user pick where that export folder goes? Personally, I'd much rather put it as a subfolder of my main "Gameboy" folder.
    04-17-2014 09:57 AM
620 ... 1617181920 ...