08-29-2018 08:38 AM
620 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Feature asking :) importing save files from sd card
    It is already there. Just click on Import from SD Card. That button supports both rom and save file.
    04-17-2014 10:17 AM
    I can't remember, this might have been addressed already... is there anything in the OneDrive APIs that would let the user pick where that export folder goes? Personally, I'd much rather put it as a subfolder of my main "Gameboy" folder.
    There is, you can let the user pick a folder in OneDrive and you will get a unique ID to access that folder. The problem is, I don't know for sure if that unique ID will stay the same all the time. If not, then when the unique ID changes, the user will have to repick the folder which is pretty annoying. The current method is to query if a folder with a specific name (VBA8 Export) exists, if yes, then the ID to access that folder is obtained, if not, then a folder with that name is created and the ID to access the newly created folder is returned. This way, the user never has to do anything.
    Last edited by illidanx; 04-17-2014 at 12:24 PM.
    jhoff80 likes this.
    04-17-2014 10:22 AM
    Will you add file picker support in Windows Phone 8.1? Current method of uploading the rom to OneDrive and re-downloading it is usable but can be very inconvenient for me as I have limited data and slow/unreliable Wi-Fi. Thanks!
    04-17-2014 10:00 PM
    Will you add file picker support in Windows Phone 8.1? Current method of uploading the rom to OneDrive and re-downloading it is usable but can be very inconvenient for me as I have limited data and slow/unreliable Wi-Fi. Thanks!
    Yes, I will. The problem is I have to upgrade the project to exclusively target WP8.1 to get access to that feature. Once I do that, users with WP8.0 will no longer get any updates, so I'm choosing a good time to do that, probably after a couple of future updates.
    04-17-2014 10:31 PM
    Yes. I know that too. I noticed that your store description is mentioning things like that. Glad to hear that you're working on it. It's the only thing I've ever wanted on this already perfect feature-wise app. Maybe you can start working on it after official WP8.1 comes out on new phones. I can wait.

Meanwhile, let me finish catching every little guys in the game I'm playing. Gotta catch em all! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
    04-18-2014 10:21 AM
    Thanks for the transparent tile update to snes8x!
    illidanx likes this.
    04-24-2014 06:40 AM
    Yes, I will. The problem is I have to upgrade the project to exclusively target WP8.1 to get access to that feature. Once I do that, users with WP8.0 will no longer get any updates, so I'm choosing a good time to do that, probably after a couple of future updates.
    I second this, file picker would be awesome
    04-25-2014 03:04 PM
    Hi, I have a problem: while playing pokemon light platinium on my lumia 820 using vbgc8, I saved game normally and after opening it i cannot move my characte. wWhen i move arrows only the screen moves. I can use start button and view my pokemons and move around it, i just cannot move my character
    04-26-2014 10:07 AM
    Hi, I have a problem: while playing pokemon light platinium on my lumia 820 using vbgc8, I saved game normally and after opening it i cannot move my characte. wWhen i move arrows only the screen moves. I can use start button and view my pokemons and move around it, i just cannot move my character
    It is a hacked rom. I have not played it but I don't think the ability to move screen is available in official pokemon games. this may be a bug with the rom itself.
    04-26-2014 04:19 PM
    A few days ago, VBA8 has suddenly disappeared from Top Free list instead of gradually going out. It seems to me Microsoft has manually removed it. It is still searchable and downloadable though. I will keep checking on its status.
    04-27-2014 06:50 AM
    You need to use vba8! Not vgbc8!

It runs fine on my 920 with vba8 :)
    04-27-2014 01:32 PM
    I have just noticed that I can open .gba files from a file explorer and import them directly into VBA8. It's very convenient since I don't need to upload to OneDrive and download it again. ^_^

But a proper file picker right inside the app would be better since we don't need to use another app to do the work.
    05-01-2014 08:11 AM
    Hi there.

I have vba8 on my lumia 520 phone. works great! :D had it for over 2 weeks as of now.
    good job guys.

help though.
    my little sister played with the settings and the game speed is slower compared before.

should i change the frame skip or something??
    help.

also, if it helps,
    the phone was heating up a bit. could that be a factor?

other than that. Good job to the team and creators of this! Thank you guys so much! God bless.

is there a link to your FAQ's on your official website or something?
    05-02-2014 05:01 AM
    i downloaded the same game but when i open it at vba8, the screen is just plain white... help?
    i downloaded mine from coolroms.com
    05-02-2014 05:04 AM
    i downloaded the same game but when i open it at vba8, the screen is just plain white... help?
    i downloaded mine from coolroms.com
    the game is probably corrupted. Or if you used your PC to download the rom, you probably downloaded the .exe file instead of the .zip file. If you use your PC you should use the "Alternative download link" instead.
    05-02-2014 11:35 AM
    Hi there.

I have vba8 on my lumia 520 phone. works great! :D had it for over 2 weeks as of now.
    good job guys.

help though.
    my little sister played with the settings and the game speed is slower compared before.

should i change the frame skip or something??
    help.

also, if it helps,
    the phone was heating up a bit. could that be a factor?

other than that. Good job to the team and creators of this! Thank you guys so much! God bless.

is there a link to your FAQ's on your official website or something?
    It depends on the game. Gbc games run very fast while gba games run slower if you have a low-end phone. What you can do is to set frameskip to 3 and disable the sound. There is a FAQ at the first post of this thread.
    05-02-2014 11:36 AM
    Hi! Ive been playing with your Emulator for a few days now and i am really happy with IT. Works well and very smooth. Its better like those Android Versions.
    BUT Ive got a Problem. Ive got autosave on and a hour ago vba crashed. Everytime i open the save File i can See the Buttons etc but the game screen stays Black for 1 sec and vba crashes..
    Tried deleting ght game, uploading thr save Files and reinstalling but doesnt work either.
    What can i Do? Ive spent 7 hours now playing pooemon firered :((
    Please help buddy!

Figuerro
    05-08-2014 08:48 PM
    Hi! Ive been playing with your Emulator for a few days now and i am really happy with IT. Works well and very smooth. Its better like those Android Versions.
    BUT Ive got a Problem. Ive got autosave on and a hour ago vba crashed. Everytime i open the save File i can See the Buttons etc but the game screen stays Black for 1 sec and vba crashes..
    Tried deleting ght game, uploading thr save Files and reinstalling but doesnt work either.
    What can i Do? Ive spent 7 hours now playing pooemon firered :((
    Please help buddy!

Figuerro
    Probably the auto save state got corrupted when the app crashes. I'm not sure why it happened. Do you have any manual save state? If yes, you can delete the auto savestate by click on the right area of the rom entry in the rom list and choose manage save state.
    05-08-2014 09:14 PM
    Something I was thinking about while using a Moga controller with SNES8x and my 1020... with the 1020 you need to offset the position of the phone in the controller so that the hump isn't in the way. Would it at all be possible to move the smaller 4:3 screen it's showing on the phone? If I was able to move it to the right so it was more centered, I think it'd feel a little more natural.

That being said, I suspect that'd be a lot of work for little payoff, but just thought I'd ask anyway.
    05-10-2014 12:23 AM
    Something I was thinking about while using a Moga controller with SNES8x and my 1020... with the 1020 you need to offset the position of the phone in the controller so that the hump isn't in the way. Would it at all be possible to move the smaller 4:3 screen it's showing on the phone? If I was able to move it to the right so it was more centered, I think it'd feel a little more natural.

That being said, I suspect that'd be a lot of work for little payoff, but just thought I'd ask anyway.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I have put it on my to-do list.
    05-10-2014 06:48 AM
    I cannot get the codes to work for the vba8! Help Please!
    05-14-2014 10:36 PM
    I cannot get the codes to work for the vba8! Help Please!
    screenshot of the code list would be helpful.
    05-14-2014 10:44 PM
    Hey! Great work on the emulators.

I was wondering something, with the advent of the "code once, run anywhere" approach that Microsoft has taken, how compicated would it be to build an universal app?

I ask, because it would be AWESOME to play the games on the Xbox One ^^

Thanks for the great work
    05-18-2014 09:11 AM
    Hey! Great work on the emulators.

I was wondering something, with the advent of the "code once, run anywhere" approach that Microsoft has taken, how compicated would it be to build an universal app?

I ask, because it would be AWESOME to play the games on the Xbox One ^^

Thanks for the great work
    Hi, I am not sure but I would have to rebuild the whole app using the new coding framework. Also, if your motivation is to use the app on Xbox One, I can bet that Microsoft would not allow an emulator in their Xbox One store.
    05-20-2014 11:54 AM
    I have a problem with vba8, when I launch it it will crash after about 10 seconds, it doesn't matter if I launch a game or stay in the menus it always crashes by itself :(
    05-21-2014 02:12 AM
620 ... 1718192021 ...