08-29-2018 08:38 AM
620 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    Hello ,

I am trying to import a .sav file but it doesn't work. I downloaded it from the webpage snokido.fr/jeu/pokemon-emeraude, and called it "Pokmon Version Emeraude.sav" -> exactly like my ROM which is "Pokmon Version Emeraude" ( the rom is working, I can play it with your emulator <3 . When I import the .sav by OneDrive, it just say me the dowload is completed, but I don't succeed to find it in any save slot . What am i doing wrong? Looks like I have the same problem with other emulators.

Thanks for help, I really want to continue with my save from snokido
    Hi, the .sav file is the ingame save function. You need to save using the ingame save first on the original device. Then on the new device, you load it using the ingame load funciton, not the quick load function.
    12-19-2014 10:03 AM
    Yes I did. Good news is that I got it working. It's quite slow though so I've decided to use the alternative method -

1. Export the .sav files of the two games.
    2. Download the .sav files into PC
    3. Start two instances of VBA-M, do the transfer and save
    4. Export the new .sav files back to OneDrive
    5. On the phone app, import the .sav files... And voila! Transfer successful!
    yes, it's very slow over wifi. Your method is actually the method I prefer.
    12-19-2014 10:04 AM
    UPDATE on WP8.1 support: MOGA function does not work once I convert the app to a WP8.1 app. It's really sad, I am not sure what can be done in this situation. Probably MOGA has to update their library for WP themselves, which I don't see happening soon...
    12-19-2014 10:06 AM
    Thanks for your response.

Maybe I wasn't very clear, but for sure I understood that a .sav is not the rom, but the ingame save function. I already import the .gba on my device, and it works well. But I don't succeed to import my progress in it. I am using the OneDrive import function to perform this. I dont understand this sentence : "you load it using the ingame load funciton, not the quick load function. ". I only see only one way to import?
    12-19-2014 10:36 AM
    Thanks for your response.

Maybe I wasn't very clear, but for sure I understood that a .sav is not the rom, but the ingame save function. I already import the .gba on my device, and it works well. But I don't succeed to import my progress in it. I am using the OneDrive import function to perform this. I dont understand this sentence : "you load it using the ingame load funciton, not the quick load function. ". I only see only one way to import?
    yes, there is only one way to import and you did it correctly. What i meant is that you don't load the game by hitting the "load state" button. You load the game by going through the introduction screen, then choose your save profile at a screen similar to this.

12-19-2014 11:16 AM
    Hi,

I never succeed to import the rom, and I don't know why. Anyway, I continue playing, but I made a mistake : I pressed "chargement rapide" (so i assume "fast load" in English) accidentally and I lost like 20hours of game. Is there any way to go back to my last in-game save?
    12-30-2014 06:08 AM
    Hi,

I never succeed to import the rom, and I don't know why. Anyway, I continue playing, but I made a mistake : I pressed "chargement rapide" (so i assume "fast load" in English) accidentally and I lost like 20hours of game. Is there any way to go back to my last in-game save?
    I'm very sorry to hear that. But when you use the quick load function, you effectively overwrote everything in the in-game save with a blank one. For this reason, I always suggest users use the quick save function instead of the in-game save.
    12-30-2014 12:54 PM

Anyway, I love your app, very great work
    01-08-2015 10:47 AM
    Hey, first of all great app!

I have a problem using .sav files in both VBA8 and VisualBoy/VBA-M. I created a new game in Pokemon Emerald in VBA8 and moved the .sav file to PC. I played a little on PC and then I imported the .sav back to VBA8. The problem is that it seems as if the old .sav is still in place and any progress form the PC is lost. I tried "delete the in-game save" and then importing the .sav, but the result is the same.
    I also tried exporting a .sav right after importing the new one and then loaded it on PC. The PC emulator started at the same point as VBA8, i.e. without the progress made previously.
    Any ideas?
    01-23-2015 02:36 AM
    Hey, first of all great app!

I have a problem using .sav files in both VBA8 and VisualBoy/VBA-M. I created a new game in Pokemon Emerald in VBA8 and moved the .sav file to PC. I played a little on PC and then I imported the .sav back to VBA8. The problem is that it seems as if the old .sav is still in place and any progress form the PC is lost. I tried "delete the in-game save" and then importing the .sav, but the result is the same.
    I also tried exporting a .sav right after importing the new one and then loaded it on PC. The PC emulator started at the same point as VBA8, i.e. without the progress made previously.
    Any ideas?
    I forgot to mention that I use Cloudsix Dropbox to move files between the PC and the phone. So in a moment of weird enlightenment, I renamed the ROM and the .sav in Dropbox, deleted the in-game save, and imported again the .sav. It worked! Now, any ideas why this happens (maybe something goes wrong when using the cloudsix API?) and any hope this can get fixed?
    By the way, where I can I find the source code? The link in the VBA8 "about" section gives me a "This item is no longer available" message in OneDrive.
    01-23-2015 03:21 AM
    I forgot to mention that I use Cloudsix Dropbox to move files between the PC and the phone. So in a moment of weird enlightenment, I renamed the ROM and the .sav in Dropbox, deleted the in-game save, and imported again the .sav. It worked! Now, any ideas why this happens (maybe something goes wrong when using the cloudsix API?) and any hope this can get fixed?
    By the way, where I can I find the source code? The link in the VBA8 "about" section gives me a "This item is no longer available" message in OneDrive.
    I was about to ask if you have saved your progress using the in-game save function but it looks like your problem is because of another reason. Maybe you can try OneDrive next time.

The OneDrive account where the source code is hosted got deactivated. Here is the link to the source code. The link will be updated in the next release.
    source_emulator
    01-23-2015 09:07 AM
    Is there a way to enable real time clock for VBA8?

visualboy-advance-menu.gif
    02-15-2015 04:36 PM
    Is there a way to enable real time clock for VBA8?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	visualboy-advance-menu.gif 
Views:	45 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	97224
    It is supposed to be automatically enabled for games that need it. What games are you playing?
    02-15-2015 04:39 PM
    Your emulators are by far the best on the Windows Phone store. Any plans for other consoles to emulate? I would love to see you do NES, Genesis, N64, PSX, or MAME.
    02-19-2015 10:29 PM
    Your emulators are by far the best on the Windows Phone store. Any plans for other consoles to emulate? I would love to see you do NES, Genesis, N64, PSX, or MAME.
    Thanks but I don't have the technical expertise to do those emulators. In addition, N64 are PSX are not really feasible on windows phone due to the lack of dynamic recompilation (microsoft does not allow it). EmiPSX tries to do emulation the hard way but it is very hard.
    02-19-2015 10:32 PM
    Thanks for the quick response! It's great to see developers who are actively engaged with the community. I do hope to see more emulators from you someday because like I said, yours are by far the best on the marketplace!
    02-20-2015 12:48 PM
    Having this strange problem.
    I'm playing with pokemon ROMS.
    After beating some masters, they award you with medals and special moves that are needed to get through the game. I've had problems with receiving this moves from the masters (after beating them) with 4 different ROMS taken from 4 different sites.
    This is the only problem I've found. Everything else works fine.
    Note: since i'm Italian, i'm using italian ROMS. I dont believe it could be related to the language...

Did anybody else have the same experiece? What could be related to?

Using VBA8 on my Lumia 930 with WP8.1
    04-17-2015 07:26 PM
    Having this strange problem.
    I'm playing with pokemon ROMS.
    After beating some masters, they award you with medals and special moves that are needed to get through the game. I've had problems with receiving this moves from the masters (after beating them) with 4 different ROMS taken from 4 different sites.
    This is the only problem I've found. Everything else works fine.
    Note: since i'm Italian, i'm using italian ROMS. I dont believe it could be related to the language...

Did anybody else have the same experiece? What could be related to?

Using VBA8 on my Lumia 930 with WP8.1
    Can you try it on VBA desktop? If there is no problem then it means there is a bug in the porting and I will try to fix it.
    04-22-2015 04:39 PM
    Hey!

Thanks for the amazing emulator! I bet it's cost you a lot of work/time. It's good to have Pokemon-on-the-go!

Question though, in order to complete the pokedex, it's required to trade in between games (for all starters, alakazam etc.) I have downloaded multiple roms on the emulator, is it possible to trade inbetween these roms on one phone? Or maybe using 2 emulators, the VBA8 and VGBC8?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,
    Wattah
    04-25-2015 10:55 AM
    Hey!

Thanks for the amazing emulator! I bet it's cost you a lot of work/time. It's good to have Pokemon-on-the-go!

Question though, in order to complete the pokedex, it's required to trade in between games (for all starters, alakazam etc.) I have downloaded multiple roms on the emulator, is it possible to trade inbetween these roms on one phone? Or maybe using 2 emulators, the VBA8 and VGBC8?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,
    Wattah
    The easiest way I recommend right now is to transfer the save progress to desktop pc and use vbalink to trade. VBALink Emulator - Link GBA VBA ROMs VisualBoy Advance
    04-26-2015 11:25 AM
    Will try, thanks!
    04-27-2015 05:13 AM
    Hi,

I am having a problem with the buttons of the emulator. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. The first time I run the emulator, it worked fine and after that the select and start buttons don't work and the A and B work sometime.

Do you know any way to fix this?

Thank you
    04-29-2015 09:34 AM
    Hi,

I am having a problem with the buttons of the emulator. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. The first time I run the emulator, it worked fine and after that the select and start buttons don't work and the A and B work sometime.

Do you know any way to fix this?

Thank you
    I have no why idea why it happens to you. Are you sure it's the button but not the phone lagging?
    04-29-2015 09:48 AM
    I have no why idea why it happens to you. Are you sure it's the button but not the phone lagging?
    Yes, I am sure. I'm runing the emulator in a Lumia 930 (so there should be plenty of room for the processing). Besides, all the buttons seem to work perfectly in other conditions of the game.
    04-29-2015 01:21 PM
    Yes, I am sure. I'm runing the emulator in a Lumia 930 (so there should be plenty of room for the processing). Besides, all the buttons seem to work perfectly in other conditions of the game.
    Can you show me a screenshot of your button placements?
    Nicomario and alexvk93 like this.
    04-29-2015 01:23 PM
620 ... 2021222324 ...