Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators returned to the windows phone store

Bro can you add me to the list? Link not working for me..

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

blackmagic1

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

Thanks a ton!!!

also, I was wondering if you are going to make a n64 emulator? I used to play ocarina of time on my old android phone all the time and I think it would be awesome to play it on the windows phone!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks a ton!!!

also, I was wondering if you are going to make a n64 emulator? I used to play ocarina of time on my old android phone all the time and I think it would be awesome to play it on the windows phone!

sorry, no plan at the moment. Maintaining these 3 apps takes all of my free time.

blackmagic1

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I have one issue with the emulators. Sometimes the analog stick freezes. If this can be fixed, I will have no issues!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I have one issue with the emulators. Sometimes the analog stick freezes. If this can be fixed, I will have no issues!

Do you know how to reproduce the issue? I cant really fix it if I cant reproduce the problem.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

My MOGA pocker controller arrived today. I spent 30 mintues trying to get it work and was very frustrating. Then I deleted all existing Bluetooth profile on my phone and it suddenly worked!

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site

My MOGA pocker controller arrived today. I spent 30 mintues trying to get it work and was very frustrating. Then I deleted all existing Bluetooth profile on my phone and it suddenly worked!

bring the update asp. Also lock the controler support. Let people pay $ for it

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Really? You mean the cheaper of the MOGA controllers, right? We were told by MOGA that only the Pro controller would work with WP.

Any chance you could walk us through the setup process in detail?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Really? You mean the cheaper of the MOGA controllers, right? We were told by MOGA that only the Pro controller would work with WP.

Any chance you could walk us through the setup process in detail?

Yes, the cheaper version, bought on amazon for $20. Amazon.com: MOGA Mobile Gaming System for Android 2.3+: Pc: Video Games. I will record a video this evening.

Edit: btw, the cheaper one sucks. the left joystick is very stiff. Your thumb would hurt after 5 minutes playing with that joystick.

Last edited:

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site

Thanks for the news about the Moga. More incentive for me to get one, I suppose.

Here's our story on the emulators, illidanx!

New developers bring Nintendo emulators back to Windows Phone 8

I hope that you'll keep me in the loop about updates and such so we cover them in a timely manner. :)
Another dev I've spoken with went and published his emulator without telling us, which was less than helpful.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the news about the Moga. More incentive for me to get one, I suppose.

I hope that you'll keep me in the loop about updates and such so we cover them in a timely manner. :)
Another dev I've spoken with went and published his emulator without telling us, which was less than helpful.

Awesome. Thanks for the cover. I will make the video with the controller tonight. I hope you can update the story then.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Here is my video walkthrough. Crappy quality and terrible English but I hope it helps.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Update:MOGA beta testers needed.

MOGA Pro is only $30 at Best Buy. Seems to be a price drop to clear inventory for the new Pro model that has a battery and is $80.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

I just paid $29.99 for mine. Hmmm.

WP_20131212_15_54_37_Pro.jpg

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

VGBC8 new version has just passed certification. Here is the change:

Changes in 1.2.5:
- Added ability to import Roms from IE and email.
- Added ability to import Roms from SD card.
- By popular request: D-pad is now 4 way to improve accuracy.
- Note: VGBC8 does support Gameshark code. Press and hold a ROM and choose Cheat codes. Please email me if that does not work.

To force an update, scan the QR code or click on the link in the first post.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Update:MOGA beta testers needed, VGBC8 v1.2.5 is available.

MOGA support is working great. I highly recommend that all the boys & girls get a controller because this is the way to do emulation on your phone!

If you would have told my 11 year old self who used to play NES on a crappy 13" black & white TV I would one day be playing Super Mario Bros on my phone, I wouldn't have believed you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3