12-23-2017 04:12 PM
619 12345 ...
tools
    Really? You mean the cheaper of the MOGA controllers, right? We were told by MOGA that only the Pro controller would work with WP.

Any chance you could walk us through the setup process in detail?
    Yes, the cheaper version, bought on amazon for $20. Amazon.com: MOGA Mobile Gaming System for Android 2.3+: Pc: Video Games. I will record a video this evening.

Edit: btw, the cheaper one sucks. the left joystick is very stiff. Your thumb would hurt after 5 minutes playing with that joystick.
    Last edited by illidanx; 12-10-2013 at 01:01 PM.
    12-10-2013 12:34 PM
    Thanks for the news about the Moga. More incentive for me to get one, I suppose.

Here's our story on the emulators, illidanx!

New developers bring Nintendo emulators back to Windows Phone 8

I hope that you'll keep me in the loop about updates and such so we cover them in a timely manner. :)
    Another dev I've spoken with went and published his emulator without telling us, which was less than helpful.
    12-10-2013 02:49 PM
    Thanks for the news about the Moga. More incentive for me to get one, I suppose.

I hope that you'll keep me in the loop about updates and such so we cover them in a timely manner. :)
    Another dev I've spoken with went and published his emulator without telling us, which was less than helpful.
    Awesome. Thanks for the cover. I will make the video with the controller tonight. I hope you can update the story then.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-10-2013 02:54 PM

Here is my video walkthrough. Crappy quality and terrible English but I hope it helps.

Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-10-2013 06:21 PM
    If someone want to beta test the Moga controller function, please send an email to store.support@outlook.com with your MS email account.
    12-12-2013 01:29 AM
    MOGA Pro is only $30 at Best Buy. Seems to be a price drop to clear inventory for the new Pro model that has a battery and is $80.
    12-12-2013 04:12 PM
    MOGA Pro is only $30 at Best Buy. Seems to be a price drop to clear inventory for the new Pro model that has a battery and is $80.
    actually $39.99 but thanks for letting us know. Power A - MOGA Pro Wireless Gaming Controller for Select Mobile Phones and Tablets - CPFA000350
    12-12-2013 04:32 PM
    I just paid $29.99 for mine. Hmmm.

12-12-2013 04:54 PM
    VGBC8 new version has just passed certification. Here is the change:

Changes in 1.2.5:
    - Added ability to import Roms from IE and email.
    - Added ability to import Roms from SD card.
    - By popular request: D-pad is now 4 way to improve accuracy.
    - Note: VGBC8 does support Gameshark code. Press and hold a ROM and choose Cheat codes. Please email me if that does not work.

To force an update, scan the QR code or click on the link in the first post.
    12-12-2013 10:38 PM
    MOGA support is working great. I highly recommend that all the boys & girls get a controller because this is the way to do emulation on your phone!

If you would have told my 11 year old self who used to play NES on a crappy 13" black & white TV I would one day be playing Super Mario Bros on my phone, I wouldn't have believed you.
    12-13-2013 01:25 AM
    awesome. keep up the good work Duc Le
    12-13-2013 02:11 AM
    Bro still heat up my phone like hell

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
    12-13-2013 02:41 AM
    Bro still heat up my phone like hell

Man, I understand the pain because that's my concern too. However the root of the problem is hard to fix. VBA8 and VGBC8 are based on the vba-m emulator, where "m" stands for merged, not for mobile. This vba-m emulator is developed for desktop system (windows, Linux, mac) where there is little need for battery life optimization.

I took a look at some popular emulators on the android market. The emulator with the best battery life there seem to be My Boy! and its code is written from the scratch instead of basing on an existing desktop emulator. I myself don't have the time and skills to do it . So unless someone other developer(s) devote a lot of time and effort to do so for the windows phone ecosystem, I'm afraid we are stuck with port of existing emulators.
    12-13-2013 06:40 AM
    My Boy! and its code is written from the scratch instead of basing on an existing desktop emulator. I myself don't have the time and skills to do it . So unless someone other developer(s) devote a lot of time and effort to do so for the windows phone ecosystem, I'm afraid we are stuck with port of existing emulators.
    so if you get the source of it then you can make a app?

12-13-2013 07:16 AM
    so if you get the source of it then you can make a app?

Not certainly because there are many differences between Android and WP, especially how they handle low level stuff.
    12-13-2013 10:07 AM
    There is some serious problem with windows phone store. VBA8 + Snes9x v1.2.5 have both passed certification but they are not available yet

Edit: VBA8 v1.2.5 is now available.

- Added ability to import Roms from IE and email. - Added ability to import Roms from SD card.
    - Fixed Advance Sonic 1/2. If you found games that do not run, don't hesitate to contact me. I will try to fix.
    - Note: VBA8 does support Gameshark code. Press and hold a ROM and choose Cheat codes. Please email me if that does not work.
    Last edited by illidanx; 12-14-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    12-13-2013 10:36 PM
    ^ awesome
    Hardworking
    Fast updates
    Good developer
    Doesn't sleep
    Only type type
    Thanx
    Brother

12-14-2013 01:29 PM
    Snes8x v1.2.5 is now available:
    - No more ads. (snes8x license prohibits it)
    - Add ability to import Roms from IE and email.
    - Add ability to import Roms from SD card.
    - Add Donate functionality.
    12-14-2013 11:03 PM
    ^ awesome
    More quick updates
    Happy me
    Good developer

Bro can there be a option to save rom to sd card if i download them via phone? Just time moliplayer do to mp3

12-14-2013 11:29 PM
    ^ awesome
    More quick updates
    Happy me
    Good developer

Bro can there be a option to save rom to sd card if i download them via phone? Just time moliplayer do to mp3

not possible now, SD card is read only (thanks MS)

Edit: there is an API to save downloaded media files to SD card but not for general files.
    12-14-2013 11:42 PM
    not possible now, SD card is read only (thanks MS)

Edit: there is an API to save downloaded media files to SD card but not for general files.

cant you just rename the file to mp3 and save it on sd card?

12-15-2013 12:53 AM
    cant you just rename the file to mp3 and save it on sd card?

it's kinda one way trip.

Yes, you can rename the file to mp3 and copy it to the music library; if the default location for music is SD card, the "song" will be stored on SD card. But MS does not provide you a way to copy a music file from music library to the app's storage location. So your ROM will be stuck in the music library and cannot be reimport into the emulator unless you manually plug the phone into PC, rename the extension to .gb, .gbc, gba. or .snes.
    12-15-2013 01:33 AM
    it's kinda one way trip.

Yes, you can rename the file to mp3 and copy it to the music library; if the default location for music is SD card, the "song" will be stored on SD card. But MS does not provide you a way to copy a music file from music library to the app's storage location. So your ROM will be stuck in the music library and cannot be reimport into the emulator unless you manually plug the phone into PC, rename the extension to .gb, .gbc, gba. or .snes.

thanx you bro. Thank you very much.
    Also bro what feature are you working on now?

12-15-2013 02:29 PM
    thanx you bro. Thank you very much.
    Also bro what feature are you working on now?

better pictures for onscreen control + customize onscreen control's position.

Edit: actually I want to look at Mupen64plus to see how hard it is to port it to Windows phone. One thing that makes me hesitate is that I'm not sure how much the other developer has done on his port (see http://forums.windowscentral.com/win...phone-8-a.html).

Edit2: forget about edit 1. I would like to spend sometime trying to fix some rough edges first.
    Last edited by illidanx; 12-15-2013 at 05:17 PM.
    12-15-2013 02:58 PM
    Could you update vba8 so it can run better on 512mb devices? that would be great!
    12-15-2013 04:28 PM
619 12345 ...