The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
12-23-2017 03:12 PM
619 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Is there any other way to fix the button freezing bug? I ran the updates and the buttons still freeze.. I have the Nokia Lumia 520
    12-30-2013 01:41 PM
    Is there any other way to fix the button freezing bug? I ran the updates and the buttons still freeze.. I have the Nokia Lumia 520
    This is not really a fix but just a work around. It happens when you press the buttons too fast and low-end devices fails to notify the app of touch release event, so the button got stuck. I implement a function to unstick the button if needed. When I tested, the button unfreezes itself if you press the stuck button once more. It works for me in portrait and counterclockwise landscape mode. Just don't use clockwise landscape mode.
    12-30-2013 02:03 PM
    VBA8 and VGBC8 v2.0 are now available. These are apps are basically the same now with supports for all gameboy roms.

v2.0.0:
    - *NEW*: Supports all gameboy roms (.gb, .gbc, .gba)
    - *NEW*: customizevirtual control position.
    -*FIX*: game crashes when catching Pokemon in Chinese ROMs (口袋妖怪打开精灵图鉴会死机).
    - FIX: analoguejoystick unusable when screen is in right landscape (no bug in left landscape).
    - MOGA controller:left joystick on MOGA Pro controller is now working. Note: this app supportsall 4 controllers (Pocket, Pro, Hero Power, Pro Power).
    - disable lockscreen when a game is running.
    - Smarter namematching when importing save file. Now the save file will be importedsuccessfully if the name of the save file matches either the ROM's internalname (same as the name of the ROM file) or the ROM's display name (can bechanged using Rename function).
    The Caped Crusader likes this.
    01-03-2014 04:06 PM
    Is there any reason to have one over the other? Or just preference?
    01-04-2014 10:42 AM
    Is there any reason to have one over the other? Or just preference?
    No reason. I have to update both apps because some people have already purchased in-app products in VGBC8.
    odoggyfresh likes this.
    01-04-2014 11:03 AM
    No reason. I have to update both apps because some people have already purchased in-app products in VGBC8.
    Thankyou for the update!! :) Ill try some gbc files on vba8 to see if they work,im sure they will.
    One thing more about your snes8x emulator,does it only play super nintendo roms or can it play nintendo roms as well? :)
    01-04-2014 11:21 AM
    Thankyou for the update!! :) Ill try some gbc files on vba8 to see if they work,im sure they will.
    One thing more about your snes8x emulator,does it only play super nintendo roms or can it play nintendo roms as well? :)
    only super Nintendo roms. You can use vneslight or emines to play nes roms.
    The Caped Crusader likes this.
    01-04-2014 12:39 PM
    FYI, for some reason, VGBC actually won't download the update. It shows up in updates, but nothing downloads when you click the update button. It still keeps you on 1.5.
    01-04-2014 04:15 PM
    FYI, for some reason, VGBC actually won't download the update. It shows up in updates, but nothing downloads when you click the update button. It still keeps you on 1.5.
    That's probably MS server issue or phone issue. Can you try restarting your phone?
    01-04-2014 04:25 PM
    Yeah, sorry about that. It started working on its own after a few more hours.
    01-04-2014 06:03 PM
    Update works perfectly fine as expected,playing gbc files on my vba8,deleted the vgbc8
    illidanx likes this.
    01-05-2014 01:12 AM
    Snes8x v2.0 is now available.
    01-06-2014 09:46 AM
    About the WindowsRT and WinPhone saves being compatible, do you know How to transfer files from the "VBA8 export" folder on Skydrive to my WinRT surface ?

I tried to locate on the tablet the folder where is stored the SavedGame to overwrite it with the file located on Skydrive, but I couldn't, and thus, I don't know where to put it in the explorer (and m.k. didn't make the easy "Import from cloud" Save State you have access to on WinPhone)

Thank you very much, and keep up the great work.
    01-06-2014 09:58 AM
    About the WindowsRT and WinPhone saves being compatible, do you know How to transfer files from the "VBA8 export" folder on Skydrive to my WinRT surface ?

I tried to locate on the tablet the folder where is stored the SavedGame to overwrite it with the file located on Skydrive, but I couldn't, and thus, I don't know where to put it in the explorer (and m.k. didn't make the easy "Import from cloud" Save State you have access to on WinPhone)

Thank you very much, and keep up the great work.
    The save files should be in the same location as the ROM file. So wherever your rom is, put the save files next to it.
    01-06-2014 10:06 AM
    Hey I was using the MOGA Pocket for a few days and it worked perfectly with VBA8.

I went out today and swapped it for a MOGA Pro Power and it doesn't work at all with the emulator. It says it should work and the controller is connected to the phone. It even works with a different app, emiPSX. However I cannot for the life of me get it to work on my Lumia 1520. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling because I kept getting an update notification on my phone and when I clicked update, it would just immediately show I had no updates available then show an update again.

Can you tell me if there's something special I need to do to get the Pro Power to work so I can finish playing Mother 3? Haha. Thanks in advance.
    01-06-2014 03:25 PM
    Hey I was using the MOGA Pocket for a few days and it worked perfectly with VBA8.

I went out today and swapped it for a MOGA Pro Power and it doesn't work at all with the emulator. It says it should work and the controller is connected to the phone. It even works with a different app, emiPSX. However I cannot for the life of me get it to work on my Lumia 1520. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling because I kept getting an update notification on my phone and when I clicked update, it would just immediately show I had no updates available then show an update again.

Can you tell me if there's something special I need to do to get the Pro Power to work so I can finish playing Mother 3? Haha. Thanks in advance.
    This is very frustrating. I'm going to contact the developer of EmiPSX to see if there is any special thing they need to do to make the Power controller works. The reason I says it works is because I got feedback from some users who says it works. I don't have the controller to test it myself. Sorry for your trouble.

Edit: I'm trying to locate the problem here. can you help me do test the following:
    1. make sure you have VBA8 v2.0
    2. try connecting the moga power pro with your phone
    3. tell me if the on screen controller disappears or stay when you start the game. This is very important because I'm trying to determine if it's pairing problem or button recognition problem.

Thanks.
    Last edited by illidanx; 01-06-2014 at 03:58 PM.
    01-06-2014 03:36 PM
    Wow quick response!

Yes I have the most current version of VBA8 and no the on screen buttons do not disappear. They are still there. Let me know if you need any other information.
    01-06-2014 04:14 PM
    Sorry, I apologize. I had 1.5

For some reason everytime I clicked update it would just remove the app from the list. So I assumed it was updated. It would pop up every few hours or so and tell me it needed to be updated but it would never update. I even completely removed the app from my phone and installed it again from the store and it installed 1.5 for some reason.
    I restarted my phone and as usual it popped up that there was an update, however this time it installed it and now the controller works perfectly fine. Sorry for the inconvenience. Weird little bug my phone was having with the app store. Haha.

I guess I'll take this time to thank you. Your app is fantastic and I'm really enjoying the MOGA support. Also liking the constant updates. Keep up the great work and again sorry for the momentary grief. Ha.
    01-06-2014 04:24 PM
    Sorry, I apologize. I had 1.5

For some reason everytime I clicked update it would just remove the app from the list. So I assumed it was updated. It would pop up every few hours or so and tell me it needed to be updated but it would never update. I even completely removed the app from my phone and installed it again from the store and it installed 1.5 for some reason.
    I restarted my phone and as usual it popped up that there was an update, however this time it installed it and now the controller works perfectly fine. Sorry for the inconvenience. Weird little bug my phone was having with the app store. Haha.

I guess I'll take this time to thank you. Your app is fantastic and I'm really enjoying the MOGA support. Also liking the constant updates. Keep up the great work and again sorry for the momentary grief. Ha.
    Nice to hear that it works now! I was pulling my hair out and even considering drop $60 on a MOGA Hero power to see what is going on.
    01-06-2014 04:29 PM
    Hey just a quick question...

Is it at all possible to customize the layout of buttons for MOGA Pro? As it is now, the left and right bumpers are used for L and R but I think it feels more natural to use the actual shoulder triggers which I believe are labeled L2 and R2. I know you don't own the Pro controller, but it is modeled almost exactly like an Xbox 360 controller. So just imagine pressing the smaller, not so form fitting bumpers for L and R. It works perfectly fine and is 100% do-able. Just I think it feels more natural on using the triggers. So if its not too much to ask, would it be possible to give options for customizing what buttons work for what on the MOGA Pro?

Again, thanks in advance
    01-08-2014 12:50 AM
    Hey just a quick question...

Is it at all possible to customize the layout of buttons for MOGA Pro? As it is now, the left and right bumpers are used for L and R but I think it feels more natural to use the actual shoulder triggers which I believe are labeled L2 and R2. I know you don't own the Pro controller, but it is modeled almost exactly like an Xbox 360 controller. So just imagine pressing the smaller, not so form fitting bumpers for L and R. It works perfectly fine and is 100% do-able. Just I think it feels more natural on using the triggers. So if its not too much to ask, would it be possible to give options for customizing what buttons work for what on the MOGA Pro?

Again, thanks in advance
    The user cannot customize MOGA button mapping yet. However, I already map both the shoulder and trigger buttons on the the MOGA controller to the L/R button in the emulator. Doesn't it work for you?
    01-08-2014 07:24 AM
    Hello,I just wanted to ask,are you planning any changes in the UI,maybe make it more colorful like a real gba,so people are more attracted to it,maybe??I really liked that feature in purple cherry but chose your emulators over them,because of regular updates and yours are free.thanks in advance. :) :D
    01-08-2014 07:56 AM
    Hello,I just wanted to ask,are you planning any changes in the UI,maybe make it more colorful like a real gba,so people are more attracted to it,maybe??I really liked that feature in purple cherry but chose your emulators over them,because of regular updates and yours are free.thanks in advance. :) :D
    that's in plan. some people have ask for it before and i'm going to do it.
    MDak280 likes this.
    01-08-2014 10:05 AM
    I know it's a nitpick and it'd probably be a pain with the way you've combined both apps into one, but would it be possible to still use the VGBC icon for the VGBC splash screen, instead of using the VBA one?
    01-08-2014 10:20 AM
    I know it's a nitpick and it'd probably be a pain with the way you've combined both apps into one, but would it be possible to still use the VGBC icon for the VGBC splash screen, instead of using the VBA one?
    Yes, it is. VGBC8 is not supposed to have the VBA8 splash screen. I just forgot to change the splash screen before submitting VGBC8 to the store.
    jhoff80 likes this.
    01-08-2014 10:22 AM
619 ... 45678 ...