12-23-2017 04:12 PM
619 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Of course, that's why I got redirected to this wonderful thread.
    Maybe you would like me to provide you with the link to the official site of the hrom so that you could give it a try?
    Check your pm.
    01-15-2014 01:51 PM
    Hi. I appreciate your effort in maintaining the emulators. I hate to be one to report a problem on my first post in this forum, but here goes :)

I was using Snex8x, and it seems there's a chance for a crash when I quit a game to go back to the rom list menu, and then into the game again (or another game). I don't know how to properly reproduce it, but it happens for me quite often. It didn't happen when I was using the old m.k. version.

And I see that you are trying to improve the interface. Why not unify the option menu design on Snex8x and VBA8? One is using check box and the other is using sliding bar since m.k. version.
    01-16-2014 02:41 AM
    Found this thread after much frustration with my Moga controller. I've been using all the emulators and enjoyed the regular updates, so thanks in advance to the dev for that and his presence here. When Moga support was included I purchased the pocket but I'm having real problems connecting it. Seems completely hit and miss. I've watched the video for instruction but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Actually connecting the device seems to go okay most of the time but the Emus don't respond. I've tried Snesx and VBC8 and can't understand why it's not more reliable. For info I have an L820 running GDR3 dev preview. Was really hoping to have a simple option to play games using the joypad but each time I try its ten minutes of connecting/disconnecting, closing and reopening the app, opening the app and fast switching to settings to make sure the joypad is connected before switching back and 80% of the time the controller won't respond. Anything I'm doing wrong here or is Moga just flakey?
    01-16-2014 09:13 AM
    Hi. I appreciate your effort in maintaining the emulators. I hate to be one to report a problem on my first post in this forum, but here goes :)

I was using Snex8x, and it seems there's a chance for a crash when I quit a game to go back to the rom list menu, and then into the game again (or another game). I don't know how to properly reproduce it, but it happens for me quite often. It didn't happen when I was using the old m.k. version.

And I see that you are trying to improve the interface. Why not unify the option menu design on Snex8x and VBA8? One is using check box and the other is using sliding bar since m.k. version.
    Thanks for the bug reporting. The crash happens on my Lumia 520 also. However, it never happens on my lumia 1020. Probably it's something related to memory. I would like to investigate this in the future but it's not a priority now. About the interface, changing it is not hard but a little bit tedious. I'd do it when there is nothing else to do.
    01-16-2014 10:46 AM
    Found this thread after much frustration with my Moga controller. I've been using all the emulators and enjoyed the regular updates, so thanks in advance to the dev for that and his presence here. When Moga support was included I purchased the pocket but I'm having real problems connecting it. Seems completely hit and miss. I've watched the video for instruction but sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Actually connecting the device seems to go okay most of the time but the Emus don't respond. I've tried Snesx and VBC8 and can't understand why it's not more reliable. For info I have an L820 running GDR3 dev preview. Was really hoping to have a simple option to play games using the joypad but each time I try its ten minutes of connecting/disconnecting, closing and reopening the app, opening the app and fast switching to settings to make sure the joypad is connected before switching back and 80% of the time the controller won't respond. Anything I'm doing wrong here or is Moga just flakey?
    Hi, I'm sorry for the trouble. In my experience, connecting a moga controller is painless as long as you have *deleted* all other paired devices on your phones. I can never get the controller to work otherwise. If you have done that, then the problem could be due to a bluetooth hardward problem. I have a L520 and a L1020 and found no problem with either phone. A customer with L920, however, reports that there is a noticeable lag when playing with the moga controller.

EDIT: I think I know why you have the problem. The correct way to connect the controller is:
    1. Quit the app completely (hit back button several times).
    2. Open bluetooth setting and connect the controller.
    3. Open the emulator and start a game.

Here is what does *not* work:
    1. Open the emulator and start a game.
    2. Hit Home button to minimize the app.
    3. Open bluetooth setting and connect the controller
    4. Return to the app.
    Last edited by illidanx; 01-16-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    JimiDiGriz likes this.
    01-16-2014 10:53 AM
    illidanx, do you plan to add landscape support to the emulators' menus? That's pretty important for MOGA users. After that, the next step would be to add MOGA controls to the menus as well. When using the controller to play the phone like a portable console, we'd probably all like to keep our screens clean of fingerprints.

Lemme know if either of these features are in the cards, as I'll be doing an article on MOGA supported games and apps within the next week.
    01-16-2014 12:14 PM
    illidanx, do you plan to add landscape support to the emulators' menus? That's pretty important for MOGA users. After that, the next step would be to add MOGA controls to the menus as well. When using the controller to play the phone like a portable console, we'd probably all like to keep our screens clean of fingerprints.

Lemme know if either of these features are in the cards, as I'll be doing an article on MOGA supported games and apps within the next week.
    Landscape menu is easy to add, it's just no one has ever requested it before you. Since you have asked now, it would be available in a near future.
    I thought about the idea of using MOGA controller to control the menu before but this is quite tricky. All the controls in windows phone are designed for touch. If I want to support controller, I would have to add customer event handlers to these controls, which is tedious. I will keep this in my list and will get to it after I have dealt with other requests.
    Paul Acevedo likes this.
    01-16-2014 12:34 PM
    You can now download v2.2 of VBA8 and VGBC8 with more realistic virtual buttons.
    ArthJar and Xonovor like this.
    01-16-2014 05:05 PM
    Now that a new version is out maybe you could let us use our own textures for customized buttons.
    Like you upload a template and we can modify it so that we can have a more personal button layout.
    01-18-2014 05:29 PM
    Now that a new version is out maybe you could let us use our own textures for customized buttons.
    Like you upload a template and we can modify it so that we can have a more personal button layout.
    that's a good idea but given how complicated it is to create a texture, i'm not sure how many people would use it. You cannot use a simple .png for the texture but have to convert from .png to .dds with a tool made by microsoft. I will keep it in my to-do list and tend to it once other features are done.
    01-18-2014 05:49 PM
    Any way to remove the pink colour from A and B button?

Sent from my a phone
    01-19-2014 01:35 PM
    Any way to remove the pink colour from A and B button?

Sent from my a phone
    settings -> input -> uncheck Use realistic color buttons.
    01-19-2014 01:59 PM
    Thanks!!! The emulator works perfectly unless you try to maneuver things to quickly, at which point it crashes. Otherwise it is great, and I have no crazy battery drain L920
    illidanx likes this.
    01-19-2014 02:23 PM
    settings -> input -> uncheck Use realistic color buttons.

thank you bro

Sent from my a phone
    illidanx likes this.
    01-20-2014 12:30 PM
    Updated to v2.3 today:

2.3.0:
    - Fix a bug where cheat codes of certain length cannot be entered.
    - Tweaking the sound a little bit (hope it does not break anything).
    - Add landscape support in most frequently used pages.
    01-20-2014 07:43 PM
    Skydrive (aka Live service) is down at the moment. Here is the panic forum post on MSDN: URGENT!: Live Connect REST API down
    01-22-2014 12:36 AM
    Is there an n64 emulator
    01-22-2014 07:14 AM
    Is there an n64 emulator
    not yet :(
    01-22-2014 08:00 AM
    Another idea:
    Let us submit translations in our languages, so it becomes more flexible for foreigner users that are not very familiar with English.
    01-22-2014 10:16 AM
    Another idea:
    Let us submit translations in our languages, so it becomes more flexible for foreigner users that are not very familiar with English.
    Thanks for the offer. I will clean up the app first, i.e. using app resource file instead of hard-coded text, then I will start accept translation.
    01-22-2014 11:16 AM
    there is the ability to play multiplayer between two lumias?
    01-23-2014 07:10 AM
    there is the ability to play multiplayer between two lumias?
    not in a near future.
    01-23-2014 10:21 AM
    VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 is now available with 2 changes:
    - set your own button mapping for MOGA controller
    - go to settings directly from a game.

The certification process for these 2 apps is much faster than in the past. I wonder if it is because MS has stepped up their game or because they prioritize popular apps. I notice 6tinder was able to update every other days.
    Usama Jawad96 likes this.
    01-23-2014 04:00 PM
    Is there any likelihood of a fix or workaround for the Bluetooth profile deletion issue for MOGA on certain phones or is that a hardware limitation?
    01-24-2014 03:02 AM
    VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 is now available with 2 changes:
    - set your own button mapping for MOGA controller
    - go to settings directly from a game.

The certification process for these 2 apps is much faster than in the past. I wonder if it is because MS has stepped up their game or because they prioritize popular apps. I notice 6tinder was able to update every other days.
    Pretty sure its priority to popular apps
    01-24-2014 04:47 AM
619 ... 678910 ...