Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 06: Snes8x v2.0 is available.

Hey I was using the MOGA Pocket for a few days and it worked perfectly with VBA8.

I went out today and swapped it for a MOGA Pro Power and it doesn't work at all with the emulator. It says it should work and the controller is connected to the phone. It even works with a different app, emiPSX. However I cannot for the life of me get it to work on my Lumia 1520. I tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling because I kept getting an update notification on my phone and when I clicked update, it would just immediately show I had no updates available then show an update again.

Can you tell me if there's something special I need to do to get the Pro Power to work so I can finish playing Mother 3? Haha. Thanks in advance.

This is very frustrating. I'm going to contact the developer of EmiPSX to see if there is any special thing they need to do to make the Power controller works. The reason I says it works is because I got feedback from some users who says it works. I don't have the controller to test it myself. Sorry for your trouble.

Edit: I'm trying to locate the problem here. can you help me do test the following:
1. make sure you have VBA8 v2.0
2. try connecting the moga power pro with your phone
3. tell me if the on screen controller disappears or stay when you start the game. This is very important because I'm trying to determine if it's pairing problem or button recognition problem.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Andrew Pedersen

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Wow quick response!

Yes I have the most current version of VBA8 and no the on screen buttons do not disappear. They are still there. Let me know if you need any other information.

Andrew Pedersen

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Sorry, I apologize. I had 1.5

For some reason everytime I clicked update it would just remove the app from the list. So I assumed it was updated. It would pop up every few hours or so and tell me it needed to be updated but it would never update. I even completely removed the app from my phone and installed it again from the store and it installed 1.5 for some reason.
I restarted my phone and as usual it popped up that there was an update, however this time it installed it and now the controller works perfectly fine. Sorry for the inconvenience. Weird little bug my phone was having with the app store. Haha.

I guess I'll take this time to thank you. Your app is fantastic and I'm really enjoying the MOGA support. Also liking the constant updates. Keep up the great work and again sorry for the momentary grief. Ha.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I apologize. I had 1.5

For some reason everytime I clicked update it would just remove the app from the list. So I assumed it was updated. It would pop up every few hours or so and tell me it needed to be updated but it would never update. I even completely removed the app from my phone and installed it again from the store and it installed 1.5 for some reason.
I restarted my phone and as usual it popped up that there was an update, however this time it installed it and now the controller works perfectly fine. Sorry for the inconvenience. Weird little bug my phone was having with the app store. Haha.

I guess I'll take this time to thank you. Your app is fantastic and I'm really enjoying the MOGA support. Also liking the constant updates. Keep up the great work and again sorry for the momentary grief. Ha.

Nice to hear that it works now! I was pulling my hair out and even considering drop $60 on a MOGA Hero power to see what is going on.

Andrew Pedersen

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

Hey just a quick question...

Is it at all possible to customize the layout of buttons for MOGA Pro? As it is now, the left and right bumpers are used for L and R but I think it feels more natural to use the actual shoulder triggers which I believe are labeled L2 and R2. I know you don't own the Pro controller, but it is modeled almost exactly like an Xbox 360 controller. So just imagine pressing the smaller, not so form fitting bumpers for L and R. It works perfectly fine and is 100% do-able. Just I think it feels more natural on using the triggers. So if its not too much to ask, would it be possible to give options for customizing what buttons work for what on the MOGA Pro?

Again, thanks in advance

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hey just a quick question...

Is it at all possible to customize the layout of buttons for MOGA Pro? As it is now, the left and right bumpers are used for L and R but I think it feels more natural to use the actual shoulder triggers which I believe are labeled L2 and R2. I know you don't own the Pro controller, but it is modeled almost exactly like an Xbox 360 controller. So just imagine pressing the smaller, not so form fitting bumpers for L and R. It works perfectly fine and is 100% do-able. Just I think it feels more natural on using the triggers. So if its not too much to ask, would it be possible to give options for customizing what buttons work for what on the MOGA Pro?

Again, thanks in advance

The user cannot customize MOGA button mapping yet. However, I already map both the shoulder and trigger buttons on the the MOGA controller to the L/R button in the emulator. Doesn't it work for you?

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Hello,I just wanted to ask,are you planning any changes in the UI,maybe make it more colorful like a real gba,so people are more attracted to it,maybe??I really liked that feature in purple cherry but chose your emulators over them,because of regular updates and yours are free.thanks in advance. :) :D

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hello,I just wanted to ask,are you planning any changes in the UI,maybe make it more colorful like a real gba,so people are more attracted to it,maybe??I really liked that feature in purple cherry but chose your emulators over them,because of regular updates and yours are free.thanks in advance. :) :D

that's in plan. some people have ask for it before and i'm going to do it.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

I know it's a nitpick and it'd probably be a pain with the way you've combined both apps into one, but would it be possible to still use the VGBC icon for the VGBC splash screen, instead of using the VBA one?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I know it's a nitpick and it'd probably be a pain with the way you've combined both apps into one, but would it be possible to still use the VGBC icon for the VGBC splash screen, instead of using the VBA one?

Yes, it is. VGBC8 is not supposed to have the VBA8 splash screen. I just forgot to change the splash screen before submitting VGBC8 to the store.

Andrew Pedersen

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

When I used the Moga Pocket, there was only one L and R button. The pro has L1, L2, R1, and R2. At present time, the shoulder buttons (L2 and R2) do not do anything in VBA8. Let me know if there's anything specific outside of just checking the box to enable MOGA support.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

When I used the Moga Pocket, there was only one L and R button. The pro has L1, L2, R1, and R2. At present time, the shoulder buttons (L2 and R2) do not do anything in VBA8. Let me know if there's anything specific outside of just checking the box to enable MOGA support.

I think I know my mistake. Would you like to beta-test the new code for me? If so, please pm me your MS account email so that I can add you to beta tester list. Thanks.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

This is what the new buttons look like. I drew them myself. There are no circle around the button like in purple cherry because that requires more texture to be created, which may affect performance. It is more complicated in my app because you can move the button around.

t0nr.png

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

This is what the new buttons look like. I drew them myself. There are no circle around the button like in purple cherry because that requires more texture to be created, which may affect performance. It is more complicated in my app because you can move the button around.

http://imageshack.com/a/img69/6436/t0nr.png

Now that's more like it.when will this next update come?

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 11: more realistic buttons.

Nice app can you provide some site to directly download roms in vba8 ?

Sent from my a phone

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

I was playing Pokemon light platinum the game freez when i go to a battle and use a master ball

Sent from my a phone

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Nice app can you provide some site to directly download roms in vba8 ?

Sent from my a phone

Sorry, I don't want to get into trouble. I don't think it's that much inconvenient to search for the rom yourself.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon