Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 23: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 are available.

Is there any likelihood of a fix or workaround for the Bluetooth profile deletion issue for MOGA on certain phones or is that a hardware limitation?

I'm not sure if it's because of the hardware limitation or windows phone OS problem but there is nothing I can do at the moment. I simply use the library provided by Moga.

SteelSliver

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

I'm not sure if it's because of the hardware limitation or windows phone OS problem but there is nothing I can do at the moment. I simply use the library provided by Moga.

Do you know if savegames for Snes9x 1.53 (.srm, not save states) work with Snes8x? I'm trying to import my Snes9x .srm file to Snes8x, but it simply won't work...Any idea on how to get this to work?

Snes8x savegames work with Snes9x, though.

If there is no way, can you make it possible in the future? :smile:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Do you know if savegames for Snes9x 1.53 (.srm, not save states) work with Snes8x? I'm trying to import my Snes9x .srm file to Snes8x, but it simply won't work...Any idea on how to get this to work?

Snes8x savegames work with Snes9x, though.

If there is no way, can you make it possible in the future? :smile:

It is supposed to be compatible. I tested with the with Snes9x v1.51 and Zelda - a link to the past and it worked just fine. Can you send me the Snes9x's .srm file to store.support@outlook.com? I will try it myself.

Edit: Importing a .sgm file to Snes8x is a little bit tricky. You have to follow these steps:
1. Make sure the names of the rom and the save file match exactly.
2. Quit snes8x completely (hit back several time)
3. Start snes8x
4. Import the .srm file
5. Start the game.

SteelSliver

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site

It is supposed to be compatible. I tested with the with Snes9x v1.51 and Zelda - a link to the past and it worked just fine. Can you send me the Snes9x's .srm file to store.support@outlook.com? I will try it myself.

Edit: Importing a .sgm file to Snes8x is a little bit tricky. You have to follow these steps:
1. Make sure the names of the rom and the save file match exactly.
2. Quit snes8x completely (hit back several time)
3. Start snes8x
4. Import the .srm file
5. Start the game.

Thanks! It works now :)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Is it possible to access cheat menu in game?

Yes, but I have to change quite a bit. At the moment, whatever action you do in game (save, load, change settings etc) does not affect the game itself. Adding cheat in game, however, requires the cheats to be injected into memory and because of that, the game needs to be reloaded.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Yes, but I have to change quite a bit. At the moment, whatever action you do in game (save, load, change settings etc) does not affect the game itself. Adding cheat in game, however, requires the cheats to be injected into memory and because of that, the game needs to be reloaded.

What about turning cheats on and off?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Are you planning to add cheat support to SNES8x?

You are the first one to ask for it. I have put it on my to-do list. But it does not look like a much-requested feature, probably because there is no pokemon.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Just a teaser for the new Snes8x virtual control.

nau9.png

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 28: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.5 are available.

VBA8/VGBC8 version 2.5 is now available with a fix for the annoying crashing bug when you exit the game.

Edit: Snes8x version 2.5 is also available.

Last edited:

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

Dear illidanx,

Would it be possible for you to send me those three emulators on my mail with changed names?

Nintendo Gb/Gbc
Nintendo Gba
Nintendo Snes

Best Regards,
Eaggy

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Dear illidanx,

Would it be possible for you to send me those three emulators on my mail with changed names?

Nintendo Gb/Gbc
Nintendo Gba
Nintendo Snes

Best Regards,
Eaggy

I don't understand why you need me to send you the emulators with a different name. And to what email address?

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Some games uses the clock inside a GBA for certain in game events. Does this happens in vba8?

Sent from my a phone

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Some games uses the clock inside a GBA for certain in game events. Does this happens in vba8?

Sent from my a phone

See the attached vba-over.txt file. The game that has "rtcEnabled=1" has real time clock enabled. Probably I should include an option in the setting too.

Edit: Snes8x v2.5 is now available. It only took 2 days for certification. I guess being a popular app has it perk :D

Attachments

• vba-over.txt
    8.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

goldenpipes

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 28: Snes8x/VBA8/VGBC8 v2.5 are available.

Any plans on n64 emulator?

There are both android and Symbian n64 emulators out there I have to imagine its do-able.

:)

Sent from my RM-821_eu_france_267 using Tapatalk

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

See the attached vba-over.txt file. The game that has "rtcEnabled=1" has real time clock enabled. Probably I should include an option in the setting too.

Edit: Snes8x v2.5 is now available. It only took 2 days for certification. I guess being a popular app has it perk :D

Congrats on being a popular app. :)

Btw, how does the realtime clock work? Will it acutally advance the time when I am not running the emulator or will it only advance when I am playing? As in: will the emulator record the time a game was last played then "add" the difference to the current time to the RTC?

EDIT: ooh,new SNES8x logo. I like!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss