Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 28: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.5 are available.

That would be really great, I had to choose half of my favourite games for now and that hurts. Especially when I can play any of those games at full speed, perfect emulation! Oh, I will have my salary in Monday, so I'm gonna donate :) Now only for Snes8x, but in the nearest future also for VGBA8 (I'm just waiting for this one). By the way - I've changed the icons in nes/snes/ps emulators for those red ones:

UPDATED! 50 Emulator Icons / Tiles for Windows 8! by GTiedtke on deviantART

They are perfect with the red tiles theme :)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

That would be really great, I had to choose half of my favourite games for now and that hurts. Especially when I can play any of those games at full speed, perfect emulation! Oh, I will have my salary in Monday, so I'm gonna donate :) Now only for Snes8x, but in the nearest future also for VGBA8 (I'm just waiting for this one). By the way - I've changed the icons in nes/snes/ps emulators for those red ones:

UPDATED! 50 Emulator Icons / Tiles for Windows 8! by GTiedtke on deviantART

They are perfect with the red tiles theme :)

So do you want to wait for the new VBA8 version or version 2.5 is fine with you? If you just need v2.5 I think I can send to you now.

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

So do you want to wait for the new VBA8 version or version 2.5 is fine with you? If you just need v2.5 I think I can send to you now.

I think that v2.5 will be really fine, if this wouldn't be a problem. Thank you in advance! As soon as I'm gonna get it and change the icons, I'll show the screenshot and screw it, donate today :)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I think that v2.5 will be really fine, if this wouldn't be a problem. Thank you in advance! As soon as I'm gonna get it and change the icons, I'll show the screenshot and screw it, donate today :)

VGBC8 sent. waiting for your reply in email. VGBC8 is actually not a donation ware like snes8x. You could pay to remove ad. If you want to do that, you should do it on the sideloaded version.

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

VGBC8 sent. waiting for your reply in email. VGBC8 is actually not a donation ware like snes8x. You could pay to remove ad. If you want to do that, you should do it on the sideloaded version.

All done, thank you so much! I don't need the other one, makes really no difference - they are identical :) I've already donated thru Snes8x and bought no ads + premium features for VGBC8. I've got a question: if I'll decide to reinstall it, will the ads return? Now I can say, that I'm fulfilled!

Screenshots:
wp_ss_20140130_0005.png wp_ss_20140130_0006.png

Going to play Kirby :))

Last edited:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

All done, thank you so much! I don't need the other one, makes really no difference - they are identical :) I've already donated thru Snes8x and bought no ads + premium features for VGBC8. I've got a question: if I'll decide to reinstall it, will the ads return? Now I can say, that I'm fulfilled!

Screenshots:

The purchase is permanent as long as you reinstall it by sideloading. For some reason, the purchase you make in the sideloaded app is not the same as the purchase you make in the official app.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 28: Snes8x/VBA8/VGBC8 v2.5 are available.

Tweak the design a little bit.

31YLhM4l.png

Last edited:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

That looks great. As long as we have the dark theme still available. Good job by both you and your artist.

Well actually I'm following the approach of Bing News/Food&Drink apps here. Only focus on one theme so that I can customize it to the best instead of supporting both themes and both looks like crap.

Edit: dark theme may come later but I will put the light theme out first.

Last edited:

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Well actually I'm following the approach of Bing News/Food&Drink apps here. Only focus on one theme so that I can customize it to the best instead of supporting both themes and both looks like crap.

Edit: dark theme may come later but I will put the light theme out first.
That seems reasonable. I personally like dark themed apps. Don't know about others. Can't wait to see the final result

Eaggy

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site

The purchase is permanent as long as you reinstall it by sideloading. For some reason, the purchase you make in the sideloaded app is not the same as the purchase you make in the official app.

That's not a problem. I prefer to spend the money to support you, than to spend it on some silly games from the market. I'm praying now for a normal C64 emulator! :)

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Give a option to change background image. Much like moliplayer recenty added

Sent from my a phone

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Give a option to change background image. Much like moliplayer recenty added

Sent from my a phone

that will be in the future as well once dark theme support is finished. You don't want to use dark text on dark background.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Turned out that dark theme is easier than I thought. I still think light theme is much better.

sfchp0.jpg
27zxmwh.jpg

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

To be honest I think that the dark theme looks a lot better, but I would use white font instead of black in the submenus - for example 'recent'.

Thanks for the catch. Should have been white.

sfchp0.jpg
2m58g.jpg

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

I have an issue in portrait mode, pressing simultaneously right or down on either the dpad or the analog stick and an action button will stop all input. (for example in a platform game like castlevania or metal slug , it will make the character stay still until you either remove the finger on the dpad or on the action button, causing me quite an headache)
This doesn't happen though in landscape mode or with the up and left buttons and it's isnt really evident by playing slow stuff like rpgs .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb