Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 28: Snes8x/VBA8/VGBC8 v2.5 are available.

Just wanted to say thank you for all your work. Its truly an amazing emulator, its gotten me and my fiance hours of joy to the point my finger cramp. Just purchased, with one day shipping, a moga hero controller in hopes its more comfortable with longer battery! Drain my batter at least 4-5 times daily just playing Pokemon!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I have an issue in portrait mode, pressing simultaneously right or down on either the dpad or the analog stick and an action button will stop all input. (for example in a platform game like castlevania or metal slug , it will make the character stay still until you either remove the finger on the dpad or on the action button, causing me quite an headache)
This doesn't happen though in landscape mode or with the up and left buttons and it's isnt really evident by playing slow stuff like rpgs .

Hi, there is a problem with windows phone on low-end devices. I can produce this easily on lumia 520 but never on my lumia 1020. If you press too many buttons at the same time and too fast, the phone occasionally fails to notify the app of touch release events. In the past, this will cause the button to stick indefinitely but I implemented a work around to release the button the next time it is pressed. Other than that, I can't think of anything else I can do because this is the operating system's fault.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I checked out Moli player and their custom background. The way they implemented custom background in that app is pretty terrible. When you use a custom background, the text become very hard to read.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I checked out Moli player and their custom background. The way they implemented custom background in that app is pretty terrible. When you use a custom background, the text become very hard to read.
keep it simplistic or code it so custom backgrounds become 80-90% transparent. TBH I would rather no custom BG buy I know some people really want it.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

keep it simplistic or code it so custom backgrounds become 80-90% transparent. TBH I would rather no custom BG buy I know some people really want it.

You will be able to turn it on or off.

Xonovor

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site

Hi, there is a problem with windows phone on low-end devices. I can produce this easily on lumia 520 but never on my lumia 1020. If you press too many buttons at the same time and too fast, the phone occasionally fails to notify the app of touch release events. In the past, this will cause the button to stick indefinitely but I implemented a work around to release the button the next time it is pressed. Other than that, I can't think of anything else I can do because this is the operating system's fault.
Everything is working smoothly after disabling the screen magnifier and double tap to wake, it was messing up input all over the phone :D. This was on a lumia 920.
Thanks for replying and good luck with your emus, the new themes look awesome.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I have a pretty question about specific pokemon games, how come the emulator TURBO mode isn't making certain Pok?mon Games faster? (Fire Red, ETC) It's making no difference to them

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I have a pretty question about specific pokemon games, how come the emulator TURBO mode isn't making certain Pok?mon Games faster? (Fire Red, ETC) It's making no difference to them

well, if you are using lumia 520, the phone's cpu is too slow to make those heavy game faster. turning off sound will help tremendously.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

I tested on a 925, 8X, ATIV S, and 810. I don't own a 520 yet.

Flagz

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site

well, if you are using lumia 520, the phone's cpu is too slow to make those heavy game faster. turning off sound will help tremendously.
I don't own an 520. Tested on Lumia 925, Lumia 810, HTC 8X and Samsung ATIV S. None of them speed up for Fire Red.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I don't own an 520. Tested on Lumia 925, Lumia 810, HTC 8X and Samsung ATIV S. None of them speed up for Fire Red.

edit: I was wrong, please read my post below.

Last edited:

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

You are right, it does not speed up on my lumia 1020 either. I will have to check to see what is going on.

It works well on my 920, however it is really choppy. It isn't like the computer which is smooth. Is this normal?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

It works well on my 920, however it is really choppy. It isn't like the computer which is smooth. Is this normal?

ok, my previous post was wrong. I had frameskip (increase emulation speed) set to 3, so I did not notice the difference between normal mode and turbo mode. Once I set frameskip (increase emulation speed) to 0, I can notice the difference.

about the choppy problem, you are asking the cpu run faster than it can, so it become choppy. If you disable sound in setting and set frameskip (turbo mode) to only 4, it will not be choppy.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

ok, my previous post was wrong. I had frameskip (increase emulation speed) set to 3, so I did not notice the difference between normal mode and turbo mode. Once I set frameskip (increase emulation speed) to 0, I can notice the difference.

about the choppy problem, you are asking the cpu run faster than it can, so it become choppy. If you disable sound in setting and set frameskip (turbo mode) to only 4, it will not be choppy.

Sound is the real killer, iif you turn off sound AND sync-it works perfectly. The sync makes it really choppy.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Feb 06: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.6 are available.

Version 2.6 with new design are available.
- New design
- Switch between dark and light theme in Settings -> General
- Tap on the right side of a rom entry for context menu (the three-dot hint can be turned off in Settings)

danielvc10

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site

Hi, first of all, i want to thank you for this amazing app.

After that, i would like to ask you something: is it possible to add a "link cable" feature or something like that?

Thanks in advance

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hi, first of all, i want to thank you for this amazing app.

After that, i would like to ask you something: is it possible to add a "link cable" feature or something like that?

Thanks in advance

I tried working on that a little bit but encountered a lot of problems, so I decided to put it off at the moment.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077