Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

Nicomario

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Feb 06: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.6 are available.

I am sorry for your convenience. I have been trying to solve the crashing problem but so far has managed to find and fix only one cause. There are other mysterious causes that I cannot reproduce in debugging environment, yet they happen when i'm using the app for gaming. If you have any reliable way to reduce the crash, please tell me and I will fix them right away.
yeah I'm no developer but I've been doing what I can. I've been playing alot trying to pinpoint the source of the crash. There may be other factors at work but this one is consistent. When rearranging the buttons whether portrait or landscape and in and out of a game, the app crashes when backing out of the menu. I've tried other things too but this happens without fail. Usually on the second time.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Feb 06: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.6 are available.

yeah I'm no developer but I've been doing what I can. I've been playing alot trying to pinpoint the source of the crash. There may be other factors at work but this one is consistent. When rearranging the buttons whether portrait or landscape and in and out of a game, the app crashes when backing out of the menu. I've tried other things too but this happens without fail. Usually on the second time.

Hi, I tried repeating it 3 times on my lumia 1020 and still no crash. I will try it again on my lumia 520, maybe memory is a factor here.

EmanuelJoab

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 11: more realistic buttons.

VBA8 was working great until last update.
I've been playing Mother 3 for hours and as usual I save from ingame save and save state. I close emulator and check if is everything ok (29 hours of game, lvl 48).
So, today, I receive an update and I update it. Then I go play some Mother 3 and notice that I'm lvl 41 and 25 hours of game. I lost almost 5 hours! Save ingame and save state. Both. What the hell??

I noticied too that VBA8 is also closing randomly now, so... Please fix it. And... How can I have my save back?

My phone is Lumia 520.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 11: more realistic buttons.

VBA8 was working great until last update.
I've been playing Mother 3 for hours and as usual I save from ingame save and save state. I close emulator and check if is everything ok (29 hours of game, lvl 48).
So, today, I receive an update and I update it. Then I go play some Mother 3 and notice that I'm lvl 41 and 25 hours of game. I lost almost 5 hours! Save ingame and save state. Both. What the hell??

I noticied too that VBA8 is also closing randomly now, so... Please fix it. And... How can I have my save back?

My phone is Lumia 520.

hi, i'm sorry for what happened. I have no clue why it could happen. are you sure you are choosing the right save state? and VBA8 closing randomly is nothing new, i have been trying to fix it but not could not do it completely.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. From Feb 10: No more updates while i'm working on linking.

I know I keep harping on about MOGA controllers with these EMUs but do you think it's likely that the changes in WP8.1 will overcome the requirement to delete all other bluetooth profiles in order to connect the controller for certain phones?

bowlermonk

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 23: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.4 are available.

You are the first one to ask for it. I have put it on my to-do list. But it does not look like a much-requested feature, probably because there is no pokemon.

RE: SNES8X cheats: Consider this another request for it! 7 more, in fact, if you include the voices in my head. We all want it!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. From Feb 10: No more updates while i'm working on linking.

I know I keep harping on about MOGA controllers with these EMUs but do you think it's likely that the changes in WP8.1 will overcome the requirement to delete all other bluetooth profiles in order to connect the controller for certain phones?

sorry I have no idea. I am not invited to the private windows phone 8.1 SDK :(

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Got some progress on linking. My phone can now link to Visual Boy Advance on PC. Phone app acts as slave, PC app acts as master. Speed is slow as hell (8% of normal speed) and connection is unstable, works 10% of the time. Not sure how to fix theses. :(

168bm2v.jpg

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Got some progress on linking. My phone can now link to Visual Boy Advance on PC. Phone app acts as slave, PC app acts as master. Speed is slow as hell (8% of normal speed) and connection is unstable, works 10% of the time. Not sure how to fix theses. :(

http://i59.tinypic.com/168bm2v.jpg

Android seems to have linking down, maybe that would help.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Android seems to have linking down, maybe that would help.

They don't have an open source app with linking that I can learn from. The open source GBA.EMU app which is also based on VBA-M does not have linking either.

Edit: I fixed the connection problem. Now linking is reliable 100%, albeit still slow. Also I can use my phone as the master device and my PC as the slave device now, so there is a good chance that linking between 2 phones will work.

Last edited:

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

They don't have an open source app with linking that I can learn from. The open source GBA.EMU app which is also based on VBA-M does not have linking either.

Edit: I fixed the connection problem. Now linking is reliable 100%, albeit still slow. Also I can use my phone as the master device and my PC as the slave device now, so there is a good chance that linking between 2 phones will work.

Can you publish it to the beta? And rename the beta to VBA8 Beta? I keep mixing it up with the real one. I'd be happy to test the connections and offer feedback.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Can you publish it to the beta? And rename the beta to VBA8 Beta? I keep mixing it up with the real one. I'd be happy to test the connections and offer feedback.

Do you have 2 phones? If not, I will have to provide instruction on how to use the PC application as well. It's just a prototype at the moment, I will have to add some interface then I will update the beta.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Do you have 2 phones? If not, I will have to provide instruction on how to use the PC application as well. It's just a prototype at the moment, I will have to add some interface then I will update the beta.

Just a PC, sorry. That would be great.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium