Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. From Feb 10: No more updates while i'm working on linking.

Reuploading the beta at the moment. I found a redundant operation that slows down the emulator after linking is established even when there is no data transfer yet. It is still slow when there is actual data transfer though but any gain is good.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. From Feb 10: No more updates while i'm working on linking.

The linking process is fine, but once I link to a PC it stops working. It even crashes at some points.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

The linking process is fine, but once I link to a PC it stops working. It even crashes at some points.

I know about the crashing, it's not a big deal right now. But can you be more specific about it stop working. Some screenshot would be helpful. Have you ever linked games on emulator before? If not I suggest you try to link 2 instances of the PC app.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

I know about the crashing, it's not a big deal right now. But can you be more specific about it stop working. Some screenshot would be helpful. Have you ever linked games on emulator before? If not I suggest you try to link 2 instances of the PC app.

I can't get a screenshot, because everything on my phone stops working for 5-20 minutes. It only stops after about 30 minutes of playing, im not sure if its my network though. This never happens on my PC over a network.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I can't get a screenshot, because everything on my phone stops working for 5-20 minutes. It only stops after about 30 minutes of playing, im not sure if its my network though. This never happens on my PC over a network.

Hi, do you mean you played for 30 minutes with linking on all the time until the freezing happened? What game are you playing?

EmanuelJoab

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Jan 11: more realistic buttons.

hi, i'm sorry for what happened. I have no clue why it could happen. are you sure you are choosing the right save state? and VBA8 closing randomly is nothing new, i have been trying to fix it but not could not do it completely.

Unfortunely it is the right save. I just have one. Did you ever consider auto cloud save for it?

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

Hi, do you mean you played for 30 minutes with linking on all the time until the freezing happened? What game are you playing?

I would turn on linking. 30 minutes into the game, it would freeze. I had to soft reset. I'm playing the .sav file for emerald you sent, and trading with a game I was playing on my PC. This happens with any save state I have, no matter how much I completed.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I would turn on linking. 30 minutes into the game, it would freeze. I had to soft reset. I'm playing the .sav file for emerald you sent, and trading with a game I was playing on my PC. This happens with any save state I have, no matter how much I completed.

Thanks, I will check on that.
Edit: but you can still trade pokemon before that right?

ChyeaChyea552

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site

I have two 920s I can link together to test. Just lmk what to do... If you want me to

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Yes i can, and would trading work with an android as well? I can test it through mobile that way.

unfortunately no, unless I published VBA8 to android market. Different programs implement linking in totally different ways.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Yes i can, and would trading work with an android as well? I can test it through mobile that way.

By the way, how is the game speed when linking. On my phone, it's only about 1/5 of original speed, mostly due to the latency between 2 phones. I tried to improve the speed but I only gain like 1% speed in exchange for much less stable linking.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
By the way, how is the game speed when linking. On my phone, it's only about 1/5 of original speed, mostly due to the latency between 2 phones. I tried to improve the speed but I only gain like 1% speed in exchange for much less stable linking.
To PC it is full speed, both as host and client. But connecting as a client takes a while, besides that and the issue of the 30 minute connection. I dont have two phones to test, and I will check how it works on android. Just in case it does connect.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

To PC it is full speed, both as host and client. But connecting as a client takes a while, besides that and the issue of the 30 minute connection. I dont have two phones to test, and I will check how it works on android. Just in case it does connect.

I know how My Boy! works. Each phone keeps 2 instances of the emulator, one that the user sees, and one that is the ghost of the other user. The user interacts with the ghost of the other player and the phone periodically updates the ghost to be in sync with the other player. This way there is no perceivable lag. That's also why when linking 2 different games, My Boy! requires both games on each phone. It is how they do it in online multiplayer game.

My current implementation is naive, I'm not going to try improving it further. I'd better spend time doing the smart way.

Mark section

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site

Is linking worth the effort? Can they be linked by Bluetooth?

Sent from my MIND

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos