Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. From Feb 10: No more updates while i'm working on linking.

I found a problem with 2.8. After using link for a while, the game stops. My phone doesn't freeze and nothing happens on my PC, but the game itself stops. The buttons dont work, but I can quit. This happens often, however I can go back to the start screen and continue again. I have to restart the link again.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. From Feb 10: No more updates while i'm working on linking.

I found a problem with 2.8. After using link for a while, the game stops. My phone doesn't freeze and nothing happens on my PC, but the game itself stops. The buttons dont work, but I can quit. This happens often, however I can go back to the start screen and continue again. I have to restart the link again.

thanks, how long can you play before that happens? And do you use the back key while linking? Using the back key is very dangerous because it paused the game, hence may severe the link.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site

thanks, how long can you play before that happens? And do you use the back key while linking? Using the back key is very dangerous because it paused the game, hence may severe the link.

About an hour, sometimes longer. Its never less than an hour though. And I only use the back button after the game freezes.

Eatny Hawk

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Your emulators are the only apps that can be work on x86, RT and Windows Phone. And syncing or export/import save states with skydrive is awsome too! So.. do you have any plans to make Genesis and NES emulator? It would be wonderful if you make these emulators..
I know it is hard but there is no GEN, NES apps support what I said. I am willing to donate.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Your emulators are the only apps that can be work on x86, RT and Windows Phone. And syncing or export/import save states with skydrive is awsome too! So.. do you have any plan to make Genesis and NES emulator? It would be wonderful if you make these emulators.. I am willing to donate.

Hi, there are several genesis and NES emulators already. Check out EmiGens, Blue Tomato (genesis), vneslight, EmiNes (nes). I have a lot of things to improve in these 3 apps given I only do it in my free time.

Eatny Hawk

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Hi, there are several genesis and NES emulators already. Check out EmiGens, Blue Tomato (genesis), vneslight, EmiNes (nes). I have a lot of things to improve in these 3 apps given I only do it in my free time.
Thanks for reply. But that emulators don't support export/import save states with skydrive!! Ok.. I will make NES, GEN emulators that support syncing save states on x86, RT, WP some day.. maybe.. T_T

Kanishk Patil

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Feb 19: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.8 with Linking now available

Guys... Can u tell me if the VBA8 I downloaded is free ( I mean NT like some trial version) ??? And also how to input the cheats?? Gameshark, dtc

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Feb 19: VBA8/VGBC8 v2.8 with Linking now available

Guys... Can u tell me if the VBA8 I downloaded is free ( I mean NT like some trial version) ??? And also how to input the cheats?? Gameshark, dtc

Most of it is free with ads. There are very few features locked behind the premium feature restriction. To put cheat, just tap on the 3 dots next to each game.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Feb 20: VBA8/VGBC8 v2. with Linking, zip support are available

It only took less than a day for v2.9 to pass certification. MS is changing it in the right direction. Here is the changes:
2.9.0:
- NEVER lose your progress any more: emulator now auto saves every 60 seconds and when exiting game. Users should still perform a manual save once in a while in case the auto save file got corrupted.
- NEW: You can now edit cheat code.
- NEW: SD Card Import now lets you browse for files and support both ROMs and saves.
- NEW: Merge Skydrive's Import and Import ROM buttons.
- NEW: Add support for .zip extension on Skydrive and .zib extension for SD Card (because .zip extension on SD Card is reserved by the OS).
- FIX: importing save file no longer requires users to restart the app.
- FIX: 16-character Gameshark code that have no space in between now work properly. As a side effect, all 16-character cheat codes that was working before have to be *edited* with proper space to work again.
- FIX: game crashes after editing cheat codes.
- FIX: SD Card does not display list of files.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. Feb 20: VBA8/VGBC8 v2. with Linking, zip support are available

It only took less than a day for v2.9 to pass certification. MS is changing it in the right direction. Here is the changes:
2.9.0:
- NEVER lose your progress any more: emulator now auto saves every 60 seconds and when exiting game. Users should still perform a manual save once in a while in case the auto save file got corrupted.
- NEW: You can now edit cheat code.
- NEW: SD Card Import now lets you browse for files and support both ROMs and saves.
- NEW: Merge Skydrive's Import and Import ROM buttons.
- NEW: Add support for .zip extension on Skydrive and .zib extension for SD Card (because .zip extension on SD Card is reserved by the OS).
- FIX: importing save file no longer requires users to restart the app.
- FIX: 16-character Gameshark code that have no space in between now work properly. As a side effect, all 16-character cheat codes that was working before have to be *edited* with proper space to work again.
- FIX: game crashes after editing cheat codes.
- FIX: SD Card does not display list of files.

can we disable autosave???because I wouldn't like to save my fight in a game of I was losing it. :)

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

can we disable autosave???because I wouldn't like to save my fight in a game of I was losing it. :)

Go to setting, uncheck "Auto load/save game". It will disable autoloading of the most recent save but will still save your progress to slot #9 every 60 seconds in case your app crashes.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. NEW: Translation help needed.

So I finally finished moving all the text in the app to resource file. So now I am looking for help to translate VBA8 to other languages. I already have 2 people helping me with Spanish and French. Help with other languages are greatly appreciated. Your name will be put in the Credits section of the app. Please email store.support@outlook.com if you are available to help.
Thank you.

sg_dan

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

Hi, i just wanted to tell you that i've been waiting for my moga hero for a whole month and it have just arrived! I tested snes8x and vgbc and i'm speechless! Thank you vey much, i just donated for snes8x and purchased vgbc!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hi, i just wanted to tell you that i've been waiting for my moga hero for a whole month and it have just arrived! I tested snes8x and vgbc and i'm speechless! Thank you vey much, i just donated for snes8x and purchased vgbc!

Awesome, enjoy it :D.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

Hi illidanx I have a question. In snes8x, when I download a savefile from skydrive and open the game, nothing changes....what's the problem? Am I doing something wrong?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hi illidanx I have a question. In snes8x, when I download a savefile from skydrive and open the game, nothing changes....what's the problem? Am I doing something wrong?
Is it in-game save file? if yes, then you must close the app completely, then open the app, import the save file and start the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb