Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. NEW: Translation help needed.

The hard limit is 9 but the app currently only uses up to 5 (I think).

Illidanx,can I translate the VBA8 app in Urdu for you?(For people in Pakistan and some people in India who understand Urdu) :)
I really need the premium code. :)

UWbadgers16

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site

It's good to hear that you can see the translation. About linking gameboy color games, it's not a bug but VBA-M never supports it in the first place :(. To link gameboy color games, you need to use an entirely different emulator, for example, this one: BGB GameBoy Emulator (current version: BGB 1.4.3)

Do you have any idea how to link with this emulator? It's looking for a port number for connections and I have no idea which VGBC8 uses.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Do you have any idea how to link with this emulator? It's looking for a port number for connections and I have no idea which VGBC8 uses.

Hi, VGBC8 is identical to VBA8 which means it does not support gameboy color link. You need to open 2 instances of BGB and link them together (one listens, one connects)

johnnyboy0140

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site

Can you tell me what codes to use for the vba8 for Pokemon firered? I can't seem to find any that will work.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Not related but related, when playing pokemon what ever you guys do, don't ever, NEVER, EVER, try to evolve an abra to a kadabra, that mother ****er will only know teletransportation, and when he evolves, he won't learn a ****, and next attack he learns, is annulation, basically he has zero ofensive capabilities, even a magickarp is more usefull than than that ****er ಠ_ಠ

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Not related but related, when playing pokemon what ever you guys do, don't ever, NEVER, EVER, try to evolve an abra to a kadabra, that mother ****er will only know teletransportation, and when he evolves, he won't learn a ****, and next attack he learns, is annulation, basically he has zero ofensive capabilities, even a magickarp is more usefull than than that ****er ಠ_ಠ

great tip, thanks :D

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

LOL
I can't agree with you, Kadabra learns a lot of good moves and also, when it evolves into Alakazam, is a really bad-***.

So, just to keep the original subject of this thread, thanks for the hard work on the emulators ��

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

LOL
I can't agree with you, Kadabra learns a lot of good moves and also, when it evolves into Alakazam, is a really bad-***.

So, just to keep the original subject of this thread, thanks for the hard work on the emulators ��
And how an i supposed to get an alakazan if a need to trade the kadabra?, oh you say "Kadabra learns a lot of good moves", oh yeah? when does he does?, i'm playing pokemon emerald and i grab my Abra in lvl 7, and since he doesn't know any offensive attacks, i had to put him on first then change pokemon in each battle so he would get split experience, i was hoping him to at least learn confussion so i could use it agains the second gym leader as he uses fighting types, but the he learned confussion? no, he did not, i lever him up to lvl 18, and the only thing that ****er learned was annulation, do you now how many time a wasted on that ****er just to get annulation? ಠ_ಠ in the end, i got so mad that i decided to defeat the gym leader with a taylor ಠ_ಠ

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

And how an i supposed to get an alakazan if a need to trade the kadabra?, oh you say "Kadabra learns a lot of good moves", oh yeah? when does he does?, i'm playing pokemon emerald and i grab my Abra in lvl 7, and since he doesn't know any offensive attacks, i had to put him on first then change pokemon in each battle so he would get split experience, i was hoping him to at least learn confussion so i could use it agains the second gym leader as he uses fighting types, but the he learned confussion? no, he did not, i lever him up to lvl 18, and the only thing that ****er learned was annulation, do you now how many time a wasted on that ****er just to get annulation? ಠ_ಠ in the end, i got so mad that i decided to defeat the gym leader with a taylor ಠ_ಠ

You need to be patient with some Pokemon, like Ralts.

temporary_zps503fbf98.jpg~original

As you can see, my Alakazam now knows Psybeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Recovery.
Also those are devastating when used.

If we want to follow this conversation we should use PMs.

Now a serious question for the thread, does VBA8's link feature supports linking with Dolphin like VBA-M does using Joybus? That would be freaking awesome ��

Last edited:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

You need to be patient with some Pokemon, like Ralts.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...uthkey=!AALtnKhQ33GExzQ&v=3&ithint=photo,.png

As you can see, my Alakazam now knows Psybeam, Psychic, Shadow Ball and Recovery.
Also those are devastating when used.

If we want to follow this conversation we should use PMs.

Now a serious question for the thread, does VBA8's link feature supports linking with Dolphin like VBA-M does using Joybus? That would be freaking awesome ��

Lvl 100? that's a lot of rare candy or did you really train by hand.

About the linking, no joybus at the moment. it's much easier when you have 2 apps on the same PC because transfer speed is then instant. VBA8 only supports primitive, slow linking between 2 windows phone or between a phone and a special version of VBA-M app on PC at the moment.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Did you evolve your Abra to kadabra at level 16 when it is supposed to get confusion?

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Did you evolve your Abra to kadabra at level 16 when it is supposed to get confusion?
No, mine evolved in lvl 17 because when i finally leveled up to 16 i got beaten, but as fall as i understand, evolving moves are supposed to be learned when the pokemon evolves, not depending on the lvl.

Last edited:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

No, mine evolved in lvl 17 because when i finally leveled up to 16 i got beaten, but as fall as i understand, evolving moves are supposed to be learned when the pokemon evolves, not depending on the lvl.

Well, Confusion is not exactly an evolving move. It's just a move that you learned on Kadabra at level 16. But since you never had a kadabra at level 16, you probably just missed it.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Lvl 100? that's a lot of rare candy or did you really train by hand.

About the linking, no joybus at the moment. it's much easier when you have 2 apps on the same PC because transfer speed is then instant. VBA8 only supports primitive, slow linking between 2 windows phone or between a phone and a special version of VBA-M app on PC at the moment.

I trained him and other 20, or something like that, to Lvl 100 :winktongue: it's a matter of patience, like I said.

I've been able to link VBA-M with Dolphin, however it seems to be really unstable, and one of the emulators, often VBA-M, gets stuck and the link is disconnected, that's why I wanted to use my phone, just to try it out.

volforto

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site

Hello, I am wondering how to stop VBA8 from creating the empty "VBA8 export" folder on OneDrive. I am not using the export function and everytime I deleted that folder, it creates it again when I start the app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb