Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. NEW: Translation help needed.

Hello, I am wondering how to stop VBA8 from creating the empty "VBA8 export" folder on OneDrive. I am not using the export function and everytime I deleted that folder, it creates it again when I start the app.

Hi, sorry, there is no such option at the moment but I will see how to add it in a future release.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site

Hello again, I'm having issues trying to connect VBA Link with VBA8, I did all the process and, as you can see in this image, VBA8 tells me I'm connected:

wp_ss_10.png

However when I close the window to continue playing, I get this error message on VBA Link:

vba_li10.jpg

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

It worked out, thanks :smile:

Any tips to speed up the gameplay?, it's about 10% now in both VBA8 and VBA-M :straight:

10% is terrible. On my wifi, I get 20%, still bad but not as bad. Well, the latency on wifi is very big. The work around is just link 2 instances of VBA-M, speed will skyrocket.

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site

Hello, I am wondering how to stop VBA8 from creating the empty "VBA8 export" folder on OneDrive. I am not using the export function and everytime I deleted that folder, it creates it again when I start the app.

How about if you just logout from one drive in the app?

Symthic

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Hello,

I'm putting in Gameshark codes, but they aren't working. That is, they don't affect the game at all. Am I doing something wrong?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hello,

I'm putting in Gameshark codes, but they aren't working. That is, they don't affect the game at all. Am I doing something wrong?

probably. A screenshot of your cheat list in the app will help me identify the problem.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

So I got my MOGA Pocket controller yesterday and it works quite nicely with snes8x and vba8 allthough I wish the controller had a dpad instead of the stick. Thanks for the support! :)

btw, who's responsible for the german translation? "Eingang" seems a bad choice for the translation of "input", I think a better word would be "Eingabe"

also, is there a timeframe in which snes8x will receive the new menu layout and other languages?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

So I got my MOGA Pocket controller yesterday and it works quite nicely with snes8x and vba8 allthough I wish the controller had a dpad instead of the stick. Thanks for the support! :)

btw, who's responsible for the german translation? "Eingang" seems a bad choice for the translation of "input", I think a better word would be "Eingabe"

also, is there a timeframe in which snes8x will receive the new menu layout and other languages?

Glad that you like your moga controller. The pro version has the d-pad but the pocket version does not have it. I will modify the German translation. I want to add a few remaining important features to VBA8 (e.g. search for cheats from the app) then I'm going to port all the features to Snes8x.

Symthic

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Probably you forgot the master code. Please delete existing code, enter master code first then the Max PP code.

Master Code
A57922CF
D662E456
84443C47
F85FE154

Max PP
F87a2b40
D5762efb
1d69725f
376d9d29
649d3ddf
Dcfdd4cc
Cc760a31

Source: Many Gameshark codes! gamesharkcodes for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team on GBA
All right, I tried those exact codes, but it still didn't work.

I downloaded VBA-M and tested it there with the same ROM, and it worked there, though.

And I tested another ROM on my phone (The Minish Cap), and cheats worked there. So I don't understand what the issue is...

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

All right, I tried those exact codes, but it still didn't work.

I downloaded VBA-M and tested it there with the same ROM, and it worked there, though.

And I tested another ROM on my phone (The Minish Cap), and cheats worked there. So I don't understand what the issue is...

could be a bug in the app for a particular type of cheat codes. I have to investigate. Can you send me your save file to store.support@outlook.com?

SupremeBigBawss

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hello I'm new to the forums and i have a question about this app. I Don't know if this question was answered before but if it was then I'm sorry. I was once a fan of nintendo games but now I'm more into COD's, and i used to play pokemon the most as well as dragonball Z. Well thing is that i played Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku 1 and finished it, as well as the 3, it's a highly enjoyable game i recommend people that like RPG to play it. But in the 2 when i go to the map i can't go on because a message appears and it resets the game. The message says: "This game/device will not run on the hardware found". I also purchased the PRO version of the app and the same happens. But it runs normally on the 3(you can fly on the map, etc). I tried it on VBA of PC and the very same happens with the message error except that when you start a new game with the Flash 512K save file format of the VBA options or if I'm not mistaken it's another kind of format that the pc emulator contains, i can't recall if was this one because it was a long time ago. Well that's all i wanted, please implement the option to switch between compatible save formats for games as options for the emulator, if possible, in case not then i'll may enjoy playing another game but that dbz 2 was the main reason i brought and installed this app thanks for everything, regards to the developer for the beautifull job and effort with the updates i have been noticing :)

Last edited:

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hello I'm new to the forums and i have a question about this app. I Don't know if this question was answered before but if it was then I'm sorry. I was once a fan of nintendo games but now I'm more into COD's, and i used to play pokemon the most as well as dragonball Z. Well thing is that i played Dragonball Z Legacy of Goku 1 and finished it, as well as the 3, it's a highly enjoyable game i recommend people that like RPG to play it. But in the 2 when i go to the map i can't go on because a message appears and it resets the game. The message says: "This game/device will not run on the hardware found". I also purchased the PRO version of the app and the same happens. But it runs normally on the 3(you can fly on the map, etc). I tried it on VBA of PC and the very same happens with the message error except that when you start a new game with the Flash 512K save file format of the VBA options or if I'm not mistaken it's another kind of format that the pc emulator contains, i can't recall if was this one because it was a long time ago. Well that's all i wanted, please implement the option to switch between compatible save formats for games as options for the emulator, if possible, in case not then i'll may enjoy playing another game but that dbz 2 was the main reason i brought and installed this app thanks for everything, regards to the developer for the beautifull job and effort with the updates i have been noticing :)

Hi, let me look into that issue with Drazonball Z 2 to see if I can get it to run on any of the PC version of VBA.

SupremeBigBawss

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site

Well i have now tried i downloaded a DragonBall Z Legacy of Goku II in the PC Emulator but it did work without the need of selecting another Save type, the "Automatic" option work's, maybe because i downloaded an updated version of the simulator, because it didn't work when i tried it before.
I hope you find the right error :(
Good Luck.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Well i have now tried i downloaded a DragonBall Z Legacy of Goku II in the PC Emulator but it did work without the need of selecting another Save type, the "Automatic" option work's, maybe because i downloaded an updated version of the simulator, because it didn't work when i tried it before.
I hope you find the right error :(
Good Luck.

can you tell me the link where you download that pc emulator?

p.s. Can you please send me your save file to store.support@outlook.com? It's taking forever to reach the worldmap...

Last edited:

SupremeBigBawss

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Awwww c'mon, the world map is at the beginnimg of the game, you play with trunks first, then gohan, you grab the book then you go, fight freeza, then you get to the world map, i will upload it in 30 or so, im home soon, please take a good effort to be online more often i will do the same regards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos