Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. NEW: Translation help needed.

Awwww c'mon, the world map is at the beginnimg of the game, you play with trunks first, then gohan, you grab the book then you go, fight freeza, then you get to the world map, i will upload it in 30 or so, im home soon, please take a good effort to be online more often i will do the same regards.

freeza killed me when I tried...

SupremeBigBawss

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Hey i found a way to get to the world map, when you do a internal in-game save, and you exit the app, you won't find the save there anymore, this is the problem you should check, well i did a internal in-game save, then just tried an game reset pressing A, B, Select and Start buttons at same time, this way you can find the save there obviously, and i continued the game by selecting the save and i could normally get to the world map. Therefore i Don't need the internal save anymore now i can play with the simulator save feature.
Also freeza is noob you need to play more RPG LOL xD

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hey i found a way to get to the world map, when you do a internal in-game save, and you exit the app, you won't find the save there anymore, this is the problem you should check, well i did a internal in-game save, then just tried an game reset pressing A, B, Select and Start buttons at same time, this way you can find the save there obviously, and i continued the game by selecting the save and i could normally get to the world map. Therefore i Don't need the internal save anymore now i can play with the simulator save feature.
Also freeza is noob you need to play more RPG LOL xD

OK, I will check that. Thanks.

Symthic

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Did you find anything out about the cheats not working? Was it just on my end or does it not work for that game period?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

All right, just checking. No rush.

I got the answers. There are two problems.

1. There are 2 versions of the ROM: North America and Rest of the World. You got different cheat codes for different versions. You can check by opening the rom with VBA on PC, choose File -> Rom Information, B24E means North America, B24P means Rest of the world. If you go to codejunkies.com, you can choose find the cheat codes for the right ROM version.

2. Even though cheat code is written like this, it's the old format and is not supported in VBA8.
9aa269d8
3cae91ba
f9fbc182
029e63e3

You have to enter it like this in VBA8, note there is one space in between.
9aa269d8 3cae91ba
f9fbc182 029e63e3

Here is cheat code for rest of world version: Cheat Codes for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Red Rescue Team on Game Boy Advance & SP - Codejunkies
for North America version: Cheat Codes for Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red on Game Boy Advance & SP - Codejunkies US

And here is it working in VBA8: http://1drv.ms/1odkdko

Edit: next version will automatically transform cheats in the format
to
12345678 12345678

Last edited:

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

illidanx please give us the option to use our theme colour on the tile!!

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey illidanx why didn't snes8x get the update for accent colour on the tile? Now that I think about it, why does it never get updated?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hey illidanx why didn't snes8x get the update for accent colour on the tile? Now that I think about it, why does it never get updated?

good question. To be frank, Snes8x is based on Snes9x whose license prohibits any commercial gains, so there is almost no incentive for frequently updating the app. I will update it when i'm done with the major things I want to do with VBA8/VGBC8 though.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site

good question. To be frank, Snes8x is based on Snes9x whose license prohibits any commercial gains, so there is almost no incentive for frequently updating the app. I will update it when i'm done with the major things I want to do with VBA8/VGBC8 though.
thanks for eventually doing that without profit :)
I really can't wait though because snes8x looks really boring now compared to vba and vgbc!

Symthic

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

Hey, just wanted to stop back and say thanks for all the work you put into the cheat system. I went back and got a US version of the ROM (didn't know I had a EU version, it never told me), and I just restarted the game, using cheats to fast forward a bit. But the new cheat stuff is awesome!

Also, what are the odds that we'll ever see a DS emulator? I know Android has one.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Hey, just wanted to stop back and say thanks for all the work you put into the cheat system. I went back and got a US version of the ROM (didn't know I had a EU version, it never told me), and I just restarted the game, using cheats to fast forward a bit. But the new cheat stuff is awesome!

Also, what are the odds that we'll ever see a DS emulator? I know Android has one.

It's like 0 percent. You need Dynamic Recompilation to make a DS emulator but Microsoft does not allow it. If you are curious, you can read more here Dynamic recompilation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Usama Jawad96

Jan 9, 2014
Visit site

#MASSIVE #RESPECT to Illidanx(AKA Duc Le) from all of us for updating this emulator regularly :) ^_^

download (17).jpg

AntL85

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site

Its great that you still supporting the development and many thanks for bringing back to Windows 8/RT. I mean I give all praises for what you have done.

I was trying a feature you added while back that merged GBC and GBA into one emulator(visa versa depending which emulator users have) and it played out very nicely on both. So I was thinking if an update like this would merge GBC and GBA into SNES8x. Nintendo pretty much covered it for the most part with Super Gameboy. So it gave me the idea that it would be great to have a unified emulator and a future update with NES and N64 into it.

Would you consider this Duc Le? It be nice to have a full blow "Nintendo" beside Xbox. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb