Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators. NEW: Translation help needed.

Its great that you still supporting the development and many thanks for bringing back to Windows 8/RT. I mean I give all praises for what you have done.

I was trying a feature you added while back that merged GBC and GBA into one emulator(visa versa depending which emulator users have) and it played out very nicely on both. So I was thinking if an update like this would merge GBC and GBA into SNES8x. Nintendo pretty much covered it for the most part with Super Gameboy. So it gave me the idea that it would be great to have a unified emulator and a future update with NES and N64 into it.

Would you consider this Duc Le? It be nice to have a full blow "Nintendo" beside Xbox. :)

Hi, that is a good idea but unfortunately that probably would take lots of time. I did not have to do much to merge the GBA and GBC emulators since they are already in the same project and share a lot of codes. Even the VBA program on desktop can handle both GBA and GBC games.

tardismatrix22

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators returned to the windows phone store

if you are able to fix the heating up issue and huge batter drain. Will not mind paying 2$ for it.
Also bro is there a way to improve graphics?

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk
The battery drain is due to windows phone restrictions, if it is any lower the phone itself will think its a virus. Also the heating up is due to the app working your phone's processors like crazy. there isn't much he can do until the phone restrictions are either removed or Microsoft becomes more lenient.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators returned to the windows phone store

The battery drain is due to windows phone restrictions, if it is any lower the phone itself will think its a virus. Also the heating up is due to the app working your phone's processors like crazy. there isn't much he can do until the phone restrictions are either removed or Microsoft becomes more lenient.

thanks for answering. yeah, VBA8 is not the most efficient emulator on Earth, due to Microsoft restrictions and also due to the fact that there is no better open source emulator for Gameboy Advance. About graphics, you are scaling from a 160p game to your 480p, 720p screens, so pixilation is unavoidable.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

TO PAID USERS WITH WP8.1 DEV PREVIEW: If you found your purchased features disabled, just click on the purchase button, enter your Wallet PIN if necessary and you will be able to activate your paid feature without having to pay again.

Last edited:

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

TO PAID USERS WITH WP8.1 DEV PREVIEW: If you found your purchased features disabled, just click on the purchase button, enter your Wallet PIN if necessary and you will be able to activate your paid feature without having to pay again.
Funny thing was, moga Controller support was still there, only ads were showing.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_206 using Tapatalk

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Funny thing was, moga Controller support was still there, only ads were showing.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_206 using Tapatalk

Well, that is because you had MOGA option turned on before the features were disabled. If you turned it off, you wouldn't be able to turn it on again until you have reinstall your purchased products (for free).

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

Ah, didn't know that. Wasn't able to reinstall my purchase yesterday due to the broken store though.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk beta

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site

Was hoping the MOGA bluetooth issues would be resolved with WP8.1 but no joy. Still won't connect on my L820 unless I delete all other bluetooth profiles. Bit disappointing as it's not an issue on some other Lumia models from what's been said in this thread. Unfortunately it's just too much hassle to remove everything when I want to play (knowing I'll have to readd each one). Understand its an issue with the phone and not the app but the result is that the app gets limited use on my phone at the mo'.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site

I can't remember, this might have been addressed already... is there anything in the OneDrive APIs that would let the user pick where that export folder goes? Personally, I'd much rather put it as a subfolder of my main "Gameboy" folder.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

I can't remember, this might have been addressed already... is there anything in the OneDrive APIs that would let the user pick where that export folder goes? Personally, I'd much rather put it as a subfolder of my main "Gameboy" folder.

There is, you can let the user pick a folder in OneDrive and you will get a unique ID to access that folder. The problem is, I don't know for sure if that unique ID will stay the same all the time. If not, then when the unique ID changes, the user will have to repick the folder which is pretty annoying. The current method is to query if a folder with a specific name (VBA8 Export) exists, if yes, then the ID to access that folder is obtained, if not, then a folder with that name is created and the ID to access the newly created folder is returned. This way, the user never has to do anything.

Last edited:

lovingfriendstar

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Will you add file picker support in Windows Phone 8.1? Current method of uploading the rom to OneDrive and re-downloading it is usable but can be very inconvenient for me as I have limited data and slow/unreliable Wi-Fi. Thanks!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Will you add file picker support in Windows Phone 8.1? Current method of uploading the rom to OneDrive and re-downloading it is usable but can be very inconvenient for me as I have limited data and slow/unreliable Wi-Fi. Thanks!

Yes, I will. The problem is I have to upgrade the project to exclusively target WP8.1 to get access to that feature. Once I do that, users with WP8.0 will no longer get any updates, so I'm choosing a good time to do that, probably after a couple of future updates.

lovingfriendstar

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I know that too. I noticed that your store description is mentioning things like that. Glad to hear that you're working on it. It's the only thing I've ever wanted on this already perfect feature-wise app. Maybe you can start working on it after official WP8.1 comes out on new phones. I can wait.

Meanwhile, let me finish catching every little guys in the game I'm playing. Gotta catch em all! 😃😃😃

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I will. The problem is I have to upgrade the project to exclusively target WP8.1 to get access to that feature. Once I do that, users with WP8.0 will no longer get any updates, so I'm choosing a good time to do that, probably after a couple of future updates.

I second this, file picker would be awesome

CarolPerczynski

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem: while playing pokemon light platinium on my lumia 820 using vbgc8, I saved game normally and after opening it i cannot move my characte. wWhen i move arrows only the screen moves. I can use start button and view my pokemons and move around it, i just cannot move my character

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem: while playing pokemon light platinium on my lumia 820 using vbgc8, I saved game normally and after opening it i cannot move my characte. wWhen i move arrows only the screen moves. I can use start button and view my pokemons and move around it, i just cannot move my character

It is a hacked rom. I have not played it but I don't think the ability to move screen is available in official pokemon games. this may be a bug with the rom itself.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
A few days ago, VBA8 has suddenly disappeared from Top Free list instead of gradually going out. It seems to me Microsoft has manually removed it. It is still searchable and downloadable though. I will keep checking on its status.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss