Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have a problem: while playing pokemon light platinium on my lumia 820 using vbgc8, I saved game normally and after opening it i cannot move my characte. wWhen i move arrows only the screen moves. I can use start button and view my pokemons and move around it, i just cannot move my character

You need to use vba8! Not vgbc8!

It runs fine on my 920 with vba8 :)

lovingfriendstar

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
I have just noticed that I can open .gba files from a file explorer and import them directly into VBA8. It's very convenient since I don't need to upload to OneDrive and download it again. ^_^

But a proper file picker right inside the app would be better since we don't need to use another app to do the work.

BUASdkLAS

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi there.

I have vba8 on my lumia 520 phone. works great! :D had it for over 2 weeks as of now.
good job guys.

help though.
my little sister played with the settings and the game speed is slower compared before.

should i change the frame skip or something??
help.

also, if it helps,
the phone was heating up a bit. could that be a factor?

other than that. Good job to the team and creators of this! Thank you guys so much! God bless.

is there a link to your FAQ's on your official website or something?

BUASdkLAS

May 2, 2014
Visit site
i downloaded the same game but when i open it at vba8, the screen is just plain white... help?
i downloaded mine from coolroms.com

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
i downloaded the same game but when i open it at vba8, the screen is just plain white... help?
i downloaded mine from coolroms.com

the game is probably corrupted. Or if you used your PC to download the rom, you probably downloaded the .exe file instead of the .zip file. If you use your PC you should use the "Alternative download link" instead.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi there.

I have vba8 on my lumia 520 phone. works great! :D had it for over 2 weeks as of now.
good job guys.

help though.
my little sister played with the settings and the game speed is slower compared before.

should i change the frame skip or something??
help.

also, if it helps,
the phone was heating up a bit. could that be a factor?

other than that. Good job to the team and creators of this! Thank you guys so much! God bless.

is there a link to your FAQ's on your official website or something?

It depends on the game. Gbc games run very fast while gba games run slower if you have a low-end phone. What you can do is to set frameskip to 3 and disable the sound. There is a FAQ at the first post of this thread.

figuerro

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Hi! Ive been playing with your Emulator for a few days now and i am really happy with IT. Works well and very smooth. Its better like those Android Versions.
BUT Ive got a Problem. Ive got autosave on and a hour ago vba crashed. Everytime i open the save File i can See the Buttons etc but the game screen stays Black for 1 sec and vba crashes..
Tried deleting ght game, uploading thr save Files and reinstalling but doesnt work either.
What can i Do? Ive spent 7 hours now playing pooemon firered :((
Please help buddy!

Figuerro

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi! Ive been playing with your Emulator for a few days now and i am really happy with IT. Works well and very smooth. Its better like those Android Versions.
BUT Ive got a Problem. Ive got autosave on and a hour ago vba crashed. Everytime i open the save File i can See the Buttons etc but the game screen stays Black for 1 sec and vba crashes..
Tried deleting ght game, uploading thr save Files and reinstalling but doesnt work either.
What can i Do? Ive spent 7 hours now playing pooemon firered :((
Please help buddy!

Figuerro

Probably the auto save state got corrupted when the app crashes. I'm not sure why it happened. Do you have any manual save state? If yes, you can delete the auto savestate by click on the right area of the rom entry in the rom list and choose manage save state.

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
Something I was thinking about while using a Moga controller with SNES8x and my 1020... with the 1020 you need to offset the position of the phone in the controller so that the hump isn't in the way. Would it at all be possible to move the smaller 4:3 screen it's showing on the phone? If I was able to move it to the right so it was more centered, I think it'd feel a little more natural.

That being said, I suspect that'd be a lot of work for little payoff, but just thought I'd ask anyway.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Something I was thinking about while using a Moga controller with SNES8x and my 1020... with the 1020 you need to offset the position of the phone in the controller so that the hump isn't in the way. Would it at all be possible to move the smaller 4:3 screen it's showing on the phone? If I was able to move it to the right so it was more centered, I think it'd feel a little more natural.

That being said, I suspect that'd be a lot of work for little payoff, but just thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for the suggestion. I have put it on my to-do list.

NoWorthWhile

May 18, 2014
Visit site
Hey! Great work on the emulators.

I was wondering something, with the advent of the "code once, run anywhere" approach that Microsoft has taken, how compicated would it be to build an universal app?

I ask, because it would be AWESOME to play the games on the Xbox One ^^

Thanks for the great work

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey! Great work on the emulators.

I was wondering something, with the advent of the "code once, run anywhere" approach that Microsoft has taken, how compicated would it be to build an universal app?

I ask, because it would be AWESOME to play the games on the Xbox One ^^

Thanks for the great work

Hi, I am not sure but I would have to rebuild the whole app using the new coding framework. Also, if your motivation is to use the app on Xbox One, I can bet that Microsoft would not allow an emulator in their Xbox One store.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I have a problem with vba8, when I launch it it will crash after about 10 seconds, it doesn't matter if I launch a game or stay in the menus it always crashes by itself :(

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Wow, when did this start to happen? Have you try restarting the phone?

It started today and it happened about 10 times before I gave up. That was like 6 hours ago and I just tried it again and the problem seems to have disappeared, I have no idea what caused the problem but at least it's gone now :)

Nat Lavez

Jun 13, 2014
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators returned to the windows phone store

Hey! how can I link with another phone?? for example to play pokemon battles ,,,,there is an option "start link" and it uses wi-fi but it is useless ...Help me please!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey! how can I link with another phone?? for example to play pokemon battles ,,,,there is an option "start link" and it uses wi-fi but it is useless ...Help me please!

The other phone needs to switch role to Client, enter the host' IP address then click Connect.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99