Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure. I don't develop or support the app on Windows 8. It's pretty much a dead platform. However, I don't think there is such an option.
Wait, you think Win8.x is a dead platform? I can't really fault you for that.

However, aren't there options to remove the virtual buttons in the old versions of the apps? I haven't switched to yours yet on my laptop, so there's that.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Wait, you think Win8.x is a dead platform? I can't really fault you for that.

However, aren't there options to remove the virtual buttons in the old versions of the apps? I haven't switched to yours yet on my laptop, so there's that.

My mistake. There is, it's in settings -> Input -> Enable touch control.

Bluntie

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Fantastic emulators, only just recently found them. Using them on my Surface RT and they work like a charm.

However, one feature I'm missing (or simply haven't found): I'd really like to be able to change to Portrait mode - would make the tablet a bit more comfortable to hold and make the Start and Select buttons not require me to actually take my hand off the tablet to hit it. Another option would be toggles for the position of Start and Select like you got for a lot of the other controls. Maybe it would work if I could move them to be above the other buttons.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic emulators, only just recently found them. Using them on my Surface RT and they work like a charm.

However, one feature I'm missing (or simply haven't found): I'd really like to be able to change to Portrait mode - would make the tablet a bit more comfortable to hold and make the Start and Select buttons not require me to actually take my hand off the tablet to hit it. Another option would be toggles for the position of Start and Select like you got for a lot of the other controls. Maybe it would work if I could move them to be above the other buttons.

Hi, I don't support or develop for windows 8 at the moment. I just uploaded the code of the previous author to the store so that people can download.

pbk3

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I got problem with 2P LINK on VGBC8. In settings and in PokeCenter it's linked, but when ours "boys" enters the room there's a black screen with text saying "Communication error.. Please check all connections, then turn the power OFF and ON". It's the link phone-phone (both Nokia Lumia).
Can u help us please??

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
The Snes8x emulator is great. Runs very well on my Lumia 930. I'm very happy to see that it runs roms that are patched with .ips files as I mainly play fan translated games that never made it to the west.

There is only one thing that I miss and that is the ability under video settings to disable linear filter for the graphics. I prefer sharp pixels instead of blurred image.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
The Snes8x emulator is great. Runs very well on my Lumia 930. I'm very happy to see that it runs roms that are patched with .ips files as I mainly play fan translated games that never made it to the west.

There is only one thing that I miss and that is the ability under video settings to disable linear filter for the graphics. I prefer sharp pixels instead of blurred image.

Hi, the scaling is handle internally by Direct 3D on Windows Phone. There is no way for me to change its behavior.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I got problem with 2P LINK on VGBC8. In settings and in PokeCenter it's linked, but when ours "boys" enters the room there's a black screen with text saying "Communication error.. Please check all connections, then turn the power OFF and ON". It's the link phone-phone (both Nokia Lumia).
Can u help us please??

Make sure you turn off the turbo mode. If it still happens, just keep trying again. The linking is not perfect at the moment.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
What about the new version for wp 8.1. May be a beta version?
Is it possible to make universal app for W8.1 and WP8.1?
i'm working on a version for wp 8.1
It's possible to make a universal app but it will take a lot of time. I don't think the user base on W8.1 justifies such effort.

Paul Acevedo

Writer
Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
What do you plan to add in the WP8.1 version, and will that be for all three emulators?

Do you have any specific new features coming to any of the emulators? Do you think MOGA-controlled menus will eventually be added?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
What do you plan to add in the WP8.1 version, and will that be for all three emulators?

Do you have any specific new features coming to any of the emulators? Do you think MOGA-controlled menus will eventually be added?

Adding ability to browse file from local storage.

I cannot think of anything else now. MOGA-controlled menu maybe one thing. I still feel disappointed that VBA8 was completely removed from any ranking without any apparent reason, making the daily download only half of what it used to be.

LudiZ

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I`d like to ask if its possible to link with others. Well, I read FAQ and also this topic (not 100% of it, but I searched for some sentences concerning my problem), however, after reading it I didn`t quite undertand if linking is possible just for VBA or for VGBC as well. I`m playing VGBC so that`s a big deal for me. What I want to do is, of course, pokemon (crystal) trading and battling. I know I can download emulator for my PC and trade with myself, but I`d like to battle with my friends as well. I know that if I want to link, I can do it just with other WP (it hasn`t changed, has it?). Can I do it via bluetooth or is there any other way I should link with other phones first? (I know this question may seem stupid, but I`m already writing a long post, so...) Thx 4 any hlp

I`d like to add that I`m really satisfied with vgbc (especially turbo mode is useful :D) and I was really suprised to find my native language (polish) version . Great job you did, developer, may the force be with you.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I`d like to ask if its possible to link with others. Well, I read FAQ and also this topic (not 100% of it, but I searched for some sentences concerning my problem), however, after reading it I didn`t quite undertand if linking is possible just for VBA or for VGBC as well. I`m playing VGBC so that`s a big deal for me. What I want to do is, of course, pokemon (crystal) trading and battling. I know I can download emulator for my PC and trade with myself, but I`d like to battle with my friends as well. I know that if I want to link, I can do it just with other WP (it hasn`t changed, has it?). Can I do it via bluetooth or is there any other way I should link with other phones first? (I know this question may seem stupid, but I`m already writing a long post, so...) Thx 4 any hlp

I`d like to add that I`m really satisfied with vgbc (especially turbo mode is useful :D) and I was really suprised to find my native language (polish) version . Great job you did, developer, may the force be with you.

Well, it works for VGBC8 but only for gameboy advance games, so it does not work for pokemon crystal. Also, it only works on Wifi at the moment and there is no way to support android phone, only WP.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
If anyone has the 735/830 and a moga controller can they confirm if the newer handsets have the glitch where you have to delete all other Bluetooth profiles to connect the gamepad?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey there, I just wanted to ask, if it'll work cross platforms as in linking with the Android GBA emulator.

Sorry it can't. It's not because of cross-platform but because each developer has their own way of implementing linking. I don't know how the other dev does.

SergyOrtiz

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry it can't. It's not because of cross-platform but because each developer has their own way of implementing linking. I don't know how the other dev does.

Hello mate,
I've noticed that you added some stuff to the App recently and I'd love to help you with the translation again. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99