Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

Vospier

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
This is a great app!

I'm trying to link to a vba-m running on a PC (as suggested in the original post) - Pokemon LeafGreen. At times it looked like it worked but when attempting to enter the Trade both vbam and vba8 will be stuck at " Please Wait". I've set the timeout to something tolerant like 10000ms, removed any turbo/frameskip etc but still no success... Any advice?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
This is a great app!

I'm trying to link to a vba-m running on a PC (as suggested in the original post) - Pokemon LeafGreen. At times it looked like it worked but when attempting to enter the Trade both vbam and vba8 will be stuck at " Please Wait". I've set the timeout to something tolerant like 10000ms, removed any turbo/frameskip etc but still no success... Any advice?

Did you download the special version of vba-m that I modified to work with vba8? If so, what error did you get?

bamaury

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Trouble importing .sav

Hello :excited:,

I am trying to import a .sav file but it doesn't work. I downloaded it from the webpage snokido.fr/jeu/pokemon-emeraude, and called it "Pok?mon Version Emeraude.sav" -> exactly like my ROM which is "Pok?mon Version Emeraude" ( the rom is working, I can play it with your emulator <3 . When I import the .sav by OneDrive, it just say me the dowload is completed, but I don't succeed to find it in any save slot :unhappy:. What am i doing wrong? Looks like I have the same problem with other emulators.

Thanks for help, I really want to continue with my save from snokido

Vospier

Sep 11, 2014
Visit site
Did you download the special version of vba-m that I modified to work with vba8? If so, what error did you get?

Yes I did. Good news is that I got it working. It's quite slow though so I've decided to use the alternative method -

1. Export the .sav files of the two games.
2. Download the .sav files into PC
3. Start two instances of VBA-M, do the transfer and save
4. Export the new .sav files back to OneDrive
5. On the phone app, import the .sav files... And voila! Transfer successful!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Re: Trouble importing .sav

Hello :excited:,

I am trying to import a .sav file but it doesn't work. I downloaded it from the webpage snokido.fr/jeu/pokemon-emeraude, and called it "Pok?mon Version Emeraude.sav" -> exactly like my ROM which is "Pok?mon Version Emeraude" ( the rom is working, I can play it with your emulator <3 . When I import the .sav by OneDrive, it just say me the dowload is completed, but I don't succeed to find it in any save slot :unhappy:. What am i doing wrong? Looks like I have the same problem with other emulators.

Thanks for help, I really want to continue with my save from snokido

Hi, the .sav file is the ingame save function. You need to save using the ingame save first on the original device. Then on the new device, you load it using the ingame load funciton, not the quick load function.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes I did. Good news is that I got it working. It's quite slow though so I've decided to use the alternative method -

1. Export the .sav files of the two games.
2. Download the .sav files into PC
3. Start two instances of VBA-M, do the transfer and save
4. Export the new .sav files back to OneDrive
5. On the phone app, import the .sav files... And voila! Transfer successful!

yes, it's very slow over wifi. Your method is actually the method I prefer.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE on WP8.1 support: MOGA function does not work once I convert the app to a WP8.1 app. It's really sad, I am not sure what can be done in this situation. Probably MOGA has to update their library for WP themselves, which I don't see happening soon...

bamaury

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site

Thanks for your response.

Maybe I wasn't very clear, but for sure I understood that a .sav is not the rom, but the ingame save function. I already import the .gba on my device, and it works well. But I don't succeed to import my progress in it. I am using the OneDrive import function to perform this. I dont understand this sentence : "you load it using the ingame load funciton, not the quick load function. ". I only see only one way to import?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for your response.

Maybe I wasn't very clear, but for sure I understood that a .sav is not the rom, but the ingame save function. I already import the .gba on my device, and it works well. But I don't succeed to import my progress in it. I am using the OneDrive import function to perform this. I dont understand this sentence : "you load it using the ingame load funciton, not the quick load function. ". I only see only one way to import?

yes, there is only one way to import and you did it correctly. What i meant is that you don't load the game by hitting the "load state" button. You load the game by going through the introduction screen, then choose your save profile at a screen similar to this.

images

bamaury

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I never succeed to import the rom, and I don't know why. Anyway, I continue playing, but I made a mistake : I pressed "chargement rapide" (so i assume "fast load" in English) accidentally and I lost like 20hours of game. Is there any way to go back to my last in-game save?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I never succeed to import the rom, and I don't know why. Anyway, I continue playing, but I made a mistake : I pressed "chargement rapide" (so i assume "fast load" in English) accidentally and I lost like 20hours of game. Is there any way to go back to my last in-game save?

I'm very sorry to hear that. But when you use the quick load function, you effectively overwrote everything in the in-game save with a blank one. For this reason, I always suggest users use the quick save function instead of the in-game save.

Kyrios Kivdilos

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey, first of all great app!

I have a problem using .sav files in both VBA8 and VisualBoy/VBA-M. I created a new game in Pokemon Emerald in VBA8 and moved the .sav file to PC. I played a little on PC and then I imported the .sav back to VBA8. The problem is that it seems as if the old .sav is still in place and any progress form the PC is lost. I tried "delete the in-game save" and then importing the .sav, but the result is the same.
I also tried exporting a .sav right after importing the new one and then loaded it on PC. The PC emulator started at the same point as VBA8, i.e. without the progress made previously.
Any ideas?

Kyrios Kivdilos

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hey, first of all great app!

I have a problem using .sav files in both VBA8 and VisualBoy/VBA-M. I created a new game in Pokemon Emerald in VBA8 and moved the .sav file to PC. I played a little on PC and then I imported the .sav back to VBA8. The problem is that it seems as if the old .sav is still in place and any progress form the PC is lost. I tried "delete the in-game save" and then importing the .sav, but the result is the same.
I also tried exporting a .sav right after importing the new one and then loaded it on PC. The PC emulator started at the same point as VBA8, i.e. without the progress made previously.
Any ideas?

I forgot to mention that I use Cloudsix Dropbox to move files between the PC and the phone. So in a moment of weird enlightenment, I renamed the ROM and the .sav in Dropbox, deleted the in-game save, and imported again the .sav. It worked! Now, any ideas why this happens (maybe something goes wrong when using the cloudsix API?) and any hope this can get fixed?
By the way, where I can I find the source code? The link in the VBA8 "about" section gives me a "This item is no longer available" message in OneDrive.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I forgot to mention that I use Cloudsix Dropbox to move files between the PC and the phone. So in a moment of weird enlightenment, I renamed the ROM and the .sav in Dropbox, deleted the in-game save, and imported again the .sav. It worked! Now, any ideas why this happens (maybe something goes wrong when using the cloudsix API?) and any hope this can get fixed?
By the way, where I can I find the source code? The link in the VBA8 "about" section gives me a "This item is no longer available" message in OneDrive.

I was about to ask if you have saved your progress using the in-game save function but it looks like your problem is because of another reason. Maybe you can try OneDrive next time.

The OneDrive account where the source code is hosted got deactivated. Here is the link to the source code. The link will be updated in the next release.
source_emulator

mtrav54

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Your emulators are by far the best on the Windows Phone store. Any plans for other consoles to emulate? I would love to see you do NES, Genesis, N64, PSX, or MAME.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Your emulators are by far the best on the Windows Phone store. Any plans for other consoles to emulate? I would love to see you do NES, Genesis, N64, PSX, or MAME.

Thanks but I don't have the technical expertise to do those emulators. In addition, N64 are PSX are not really feasible on windows phone due to the lack of dynamic recompilation (microsoft does not allow it). EmiPSX tries to do emulation the hard way but it is very hard.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05