Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

mtrav54

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the quick response! It's great to see developers who are actively engaged with the community. I do hope to see more emulators from you someday because like I said, yours are by far the best on the marketplace!

IppoSemCe

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Having this strange problem.
I'm playing with pokemon ROMS.
After beating some masters, they award you with medals and special moves that are needed to get through the game. I've had problems with receiving this moves from the masters (after beating them) with 4 different ROMS taken from 4 different sites.
This is the only problem I've found. Everything else works fine.
Note: since i'm Italian, i'm using italian ROMS. I dont believe it could be related to the language...

Did anybody else have the same experiece? What could be related to?

Using VBA8 on my Lumia 930 with WP8.1

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Having this strange problem.
I'm playing with pokemon ROMS.
After beating some masters, they award you with medals and special moves that are needed to get through the game. I've had problems with receiving this moves from the masters (after beating them) with 4 different ROMS taken from 4 different sites.
This is the only problem I've found. Everything else works fine.
Note: since i'm Italian, i'm using italian ROMS. I dont believe it could be related to the language...

Did anybody else have the same experiece? What could be related to?

Using VBA8 on my Lumia 930 with WP8.1

Can you try it on VBA desktop? If there is no problem then it means there is a bug in the porting and I will try to fix it.

Wattah

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
Hey!

Thanks for the amazing emulator! I bet it's cost you a lot of work/time. It's good to have Pokemon-on-the-go!

Question though, in order to complete the pokedex, it's required to trade in between games (for all starters, alakazam etc.) I have downloaded multiple roms on the emulator, is it possible to trade inbetween these roms on one phone? Or maybe using 2 emulators, the VBA8 and VGBC8?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,
Wattah

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hey!

Thanks for the amazing emulator! I bet it's cost you a lot of work/time. It's good to have Pokemon-on-the-go!

Question though, in order to complete the pokedex, it's required to trade in between games (for all starters, alakazam etc.) I have downloaded multiple roms on the emulator, is it possible to trade inbetween these roms on one phone? Or maybe using 2 emulators, the VBA8 and VGBC8?

Thanks in advance for your reply!

Regards,
Wattah

The easiest way I recommend right now is to transfer the save progress to desktop pc and use vbalink to trade. VBALink Emulator - Link GBA VBA ROMs VisualBoy Advance

F Paz

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am having a problem with the buttons of the emulator. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. The first time I run the emulator, it worked fine and after that the select and start buttons don't work and the A and B work sometime.

Do you know any way to fix this?

Thank you

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

I am having a problem with the buttons of the emulator. Sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. The first time I run the emulator, it worked fine and after that the select and start buttons don't work and the A and B work sometime.

Do you know any way to fix this?

Thank you

I have no why idea why it happens to you. Are you sure it's the button but not the phone lagging?

F Paz

Jul 11, 2014
Visit site
I have no why idea why it happens to you. Are you sure it's the button but not the phone lagging?

Yes, I am sure. I'm runing the emulator in a Lumia 930 (so there should be plenty of room for the processing). Besides, all the buttons seem to work perfectly in other conditions of the game.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I am sure. I'm runing the emulator in a Lumia 930 (so there should be plenty of room for the processing). Besides, all the buttons seem to work perfectly in other conditions of the game.

Can you show me a screenshot of your button placements?

lovegba

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Just want to give you a heads up that MyBoy is now on the Windows Phone Store. It runs much more smoothly on my Lumia 520. The author exclaims it is at least 4x faster than VBA8. Although it lacks some of the nice features that VBA8 is having now (eg. OneDrive sync), it comes with video shaders support such as hq2x, which makes every game look like created HD. I believe link emulation will come soon as well, since it has been available in the Android version for a long time. Unlike VBA8 which runs multiplayer games unstably and incredibly slowly (therefore unplayable at all), it has been running on my Android fairly smoothly. Can't wait for linking with my friends on Windows Phone!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
Just want to give you a heads up that MyBoy is now on the Windows Phone Store. It runs much more smoothly on my Lumia 520. The author exclaims it is at least 4x faster than VBA8. Although it lacks some of the nice features that VBA8 is having now (eg. OneDrive sync), it comes with video shaders support such as hq2x, which makes every game look like created HD. I believe link emulation will come soon as well, since it has been available in the Android version for a long time. Unlike VBA8 which runs multiplayer games unstably and incredibly slowly (therefore unplayable at all), it has been running on my Android fairly smoothly. Can't wait for linking with my friends on Windows Phone!

Yeah I know about that. I admit that they are better than me and I don't know how they do it. It's always your choice to use the better emulator.

lovegba

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I know about that. I admit that they are better than me and I don't know how they do it. It's always your choice to use the better emulator.
Is there anything you can do to improve the performance?

lovegba

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Nothing that I know of. I already use the latest version of VBA-M, which VBA8 is based on. The problem is that VBA-M was created for PC which favors emulation accuracy over speed.
As far as I know, there are video filters available on VBA-M. I don't know much about programming, but wouldn't it be a simple port?

wlupus

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Dear Illidanx, I faced with problem while,playing Zelda minish cap. On some level after I enter to the next room the game is resetting. Is there any way to establish, does it rom or emulator bug?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb