Trio of Nintendo emulators: VBA8, VGBC8 and Snes8x.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
VBA10 is now available for Windows 10.

[WARN]Update: MS has changed policy and emulators are no longer allowed in store. Here are the link to download the appx as well as the source code:

1. Pre-built package, can only be installed until Apr 7, 2018 due to the validity of the test certificate: VBA10_1.22.197.0_Test . Just run the Powershell script file and follow the prompts.

2. Latest source code: vba10_r197 .
or
Github link: https://github.com/duchuule/vba10
Bonus: .xap for Snes8x WP8: http://www.mediafire.com/file/39y62rdqfoc4qh9/Snes8x.xap and source code: https://github.com/duchuule/snes8x . I don't know if you can sideload it on W10Mobile but I just posted here in case someone wants to convert it to UWP.
[/WARN]

----------------------------
Old info:
Here is the link for VBA10:
https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fapps%2Fvba10%2F9nblggh2k04v&token=IakxN-yl

Frequently asked questions:
Q: Why does VBA8 run so hot?
A: VBA8 is based on the VBA-M Emulator which favors emulation accuracy to speed. This works well on desktop, where the cpu is powerful and there is no worry for battery life. However, when used in a mobile device, it becomes a disadvantage.

Q: Why does VBA8 run so slow on devices with 512MB RAM?
A: It is not the RAM but the CPU. Those devices' CPU are not powerful enough.

Q: Why no x2, x4, x8 speed like My Boy!
A: It is just a fancy name for frame skip. If increasing frame skip does not increase emulation speed, your phone's CPU is just not powerful enough.

Q: Will you make N64, DS emulators?
A: No, anything from N64 hardware upward needs DynaRec to be efficient.

Q: I paid for the app by m.k., can you give me the paid version of this app?
A: There is no way for me to do that because MS handles all the purchases. Keep in mind that all features in m.k.'s paid app plus many new features are free in my app.

Q: How do I link VBA8 with PC?
A: You need a special version of VBA-M on PC. Download it from here: https://www.mediafire.com/?qu3i9izl4dk880b. Remember to do the following:
1. Install DirectX if you got missing DLL error: Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center
2. Choose "Cable - Network" as the link type.
3. Run the PC app as server and unblock firewall when asked.

Q: Any plan to continue developing m.k.'s Windows 8/RT apps
A: Not at the moment. However, I have compiled m.k.'s source codes and reuploaded those apps to the store, free of charge. Here is the link to download those apps:

VBA8+: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...e%2Fapps%2Fvba8%2F9wzdncrdq6rk&token=lCfZkLgJ
VGBC8+: https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...%2Fapps%2Fvgbc8%2F9wzdncrdq6rj&token=VrT7yjZA
Snes8x+: Snes8x+ app for Windows in the Windows Store

Download Links:
Snes8x: Snes8x | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
VBA8: VBA8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
VGBC8: VGBC8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Last edited:

Nokia Boy

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
Re: Trio of Nintendo emulators returned to the windows phone store

Thanks a lot for returning the nintendo emulators!

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site

You rock man.

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site

Bro aspect ratio problem

Attachments

• wp_ss_20131205_0001.png
    wp_ss_20131205_0001.png
    87.9 KB · Views: 19

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Bro aspect ratio problem

This is exactly the same as I see it on my lumia 1020. I think the native aspect ratio of GBA screen is less wide than the phone. This is not the worst though, try the VGBC8 app to see square screen. I will see if I can an add option to rescale the image to fit the whole screen in a future screen.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site

This is exactly the same as I see it on my lumia 1020. I think the native aspect ratio of GBA screen is less wide than the phone. This is not the worst though, try the VGBC8 app to see square screen. I will see if I can an add option to rescale the image to fit the whole screen in a future screen.

to point out

m.k emulator doesn't have this problem. Is there any thing in setting that can can solve it?

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

to point out

m.k emulator doesn't have this problem. Is there any thing in setting that can can solve it?

Are you sure that is the case? I just checked M.k app's screenshot (unpublished but you can still view it) and it shows exactly the same thing. Here, please take a look.

VBA8 | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

396shanky

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

There's no way to put cheats. I know M.K. Apps were lacking cheats option. Can you fix it??
And are you interested in Nintendo ds emulator??

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

There's no way to put cheats. I know M.K. Apps were lacking cheats option. Can you fix it??
And are you interested in Nintendo ds emulator??

you are referring to snes8x right? because vba8 has cheat options. I will look into it.

I have no plan for Nintendo ds at the moment. First, it has 2 screens, not sure how to show that on a smart phone. Second, DS' spec is quite high, you will need a pretty powerful smartphone to handle it. Third, a good open source DS emulator is not yet available; you have to start from somewhere right?

396shanky

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site

No, I am talking about vba8. Where to put cheats??
Talking about ds emulator, even the cheapest android phone can lag free play it
Ios and android both have good ds emulator. Windows OS is much better than Android so why cant we have a better ds emulator??

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

No, I am talking about vba8. Where to put cheats??
Talking about ds emulator, even the cheapest android phone can lag free play it
Ios and android both have good ds emulator. Windows OS is much better than Android so why cant we have a better ds emulator??

Cheat: press and hold the game and select cheat codes.
Sorry that I'm wrong about ds emulator, but I probably will spend my free time to improve these emulators first (I only do this in my spare time). Hopefully someone else can make a DS emulator.

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

Plans for MOGA support with SNES8X? :)

Since MOGA has an official SDK for WP8, I will look into it. The problem is that I don't have a MOGA, will need to buy one to test. I'd make this feature to be a pro version exclusive.

rebornempowered

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

Since MOGA has an official SDK for WP8, I will look into it. The problem is that I don't have a MOGA, will need to buy one to test. I'd make this feature to be a pro version exclusive.

Understandable. I will happily be a paying customer.

Thanks for the reply!!!

illidanx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site

ntice_521

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

It has ads? That's lame man...stealing somebody elses work and stuffing it with ads for profit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills