[FREE GAME] Tank Arena - SciFi Tank shooter released

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
The Dromedians have invaded our solar system, establishing military bases on the outer planets and getting ready to advance to Earth. You are the only hope for mankind so buckle up, get into your tank and get ready for the war ahead of us.

Download for Windows Phone 8

Now also available on Windows 8.1

Download for Windows 8.1 (Surface PRO/RT)

Tank Arena is a SciFi Tank Shooter game where the player will battle enemy turrets and tanks in arenas across the solar system. The 5 original music tracks will pump you up for the task and the missions will keep you hooked!

tankarena1280x720.png

Video Trailer:

Last edited:

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, some quick suggestions:
-Can you set up sync over SkyDrive with the upcoming Windows 8.1 version?
-Also, the logo could use a bit more sprucing up, but it's fine as it is.

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site

Your progress (gameplay stats + stars + achievements + unlocked levels + tank upgrades and gun upgrades) will sync up between windows phone and windows 8.1. It does not use Skydrive though. Yes, logo needs work, what do you suggest? do you do logo design :)

Please let me know how you like swipe input vs thumbstick input and the music tracks :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

Your progress (gameplay stats + stars + achievements + unlocked levels + tank upgrades and gun upgrades) will sync up between windows phone and windows 8.1. It does not use Skydrive though. Yes, logo needs work, what do you suggest? do you do logo design :)

Please let me know how you like swipe input vs thumbstick input and the music tracks :)
How do the WP and Win8.1 versions sync? It ought to be useful if you know what happens in case it goes down.

No, I don't do logo design, but a slightly more futuristic font at the bottom with a tank with waaaay less chrome should help.

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
XBOX live is not available to us indies so I used Google+ game services. For syncing you will have to sign in and give permission to share data.

Game progress and achievements are local but to post score on online leaderboard and to share stats across devices you will need to sign in on progress screen.

Game progress is currently synced at 30 minutes interval but I think an update with upload/sync button is in order.

Also I am working on an online multiplayer version, kind of tank death match between 4 players :) a prototype is ready but fighting with lag issues...

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Okay, I feel like both methods are awkward for me. I propose a dual thumbstick method similar to what Halo:SA has done.

Left thumbstick to move, right thumbstick to aim, tap on the right thumbstick to fire.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
XBOX live is not available to us indies so I used Google+ game services. For syncing you will have to sign in and give permission to share data.

Game progress and achievements are local but to post score on online leaderboard and to share stats across devices you will need to sign in on progress screen.

Game progress is currently synced at 30 minutes interval but I think an update with upload/sync button is in order.

Also I am working on an online multiplayer version, kind of tank death match between 4 players :) a prototype is ready but fighting with lag issues...
Oh, I see. You should have backups, though. Especially when your primary provider is Google.

Also, the help screen is a bit too cluttered. Don't force all content on one screen. Allow us to scroll.

By the way, you're the same maker of Air Soccer Fever? My classmate was addicted to that for a while!

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes, dual thumsticks in an option but there is one caveat... the canon gun that throws projectiles over walls needs the player to tap on the spot the projectile will land so don't know how to tackle that with aiming thumbstick...

I personally prefer the swipe / tap, since that doesn't cover any area of the screen and allows me to use one hand .. I swipe in the direction I want to go and as the tank is moving I can quicly tap where I want to fire... I need to make a video of swipe input to show how to properly use it. I read an early reviewer saying swipe input is not precise and it makes the tank rotate on spot.. that will happen if you don't lift your finger up after swipe. The key is to do long or short quick swipes and lift your finger so you can tap/fire with the same finger. You can always do another quick swipe (even while the tank is following the previous swipe input) to change the direction.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I understand the control options now.

The music is a bit too overbearing, to say the least. It doesn't really fit the pace of the game, though it fits with the theme.

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Good tips.. I was just hurrying to release :) I will send out an update soon.. please keep the feedback coming..

Yes, Air Soccer Fever is my first game :) and as the online multiplayer is really popular there, I want to do online multiplayer for Tank Arena too.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Just keep at it! Sooner or later you're bound to release a big hit!
Also, the menu is quite...awkward.

Try centering the options, making them more futuristic-ish, and try moving the tanks off to the side, with a bit less chrome.

That chrome is quite distracting, actually.

Do you have scrolling arenas, by the way?

Arenas that don't fit on just one screen?

By the way, overbearing means that it's a bit too...serious and heroic, though I guess that's the intent.

danglingneuron

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
oh by chrome you mean the "specular" / shininess? ok that can be adjusted.

Yes, for planetary campaigns I am doing some single screen arenas and then finale/boss battles for each planet in scrolling screen big arenas with missions.
Mines, Drones and some other enemy units will also be introduced.

Yes, the seriousness/thrill of the music is intended :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre