Quick access settings for Windows Phone from ANY screen (upcoming)

anon(5844482)

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Currently Windows Phone has no way to quickly enable and disable connection settings. Also information about battery cannot be accessed from all screens (specially other apps) and battery percentage is not shown unlike in android/iOS..

Kirik Settings will be a new app that will enable you to toggle between your settings like Wifi, Cellular, Bluetooth, Location etc while viewing their status from ANY app or screen. You can also access it from lock screen. You can also check your battery status (first app to do this!), send emails and sms from lock screen and lot more. The app will not work with music, unfortunately.

Key features:

View your wifi, cellular and data connection information from any screen (including other apps).
Launch the settings anytime.

View your Bluetooth and location settings from any screen (including other apps)
Launch the settings anytime.

Check whether airplane mode is on (makes a rough guess)
Launch this setting anytime.

Compose emails and sms from any screen (including lockscreen)

Launch rotation lock screen (needs GDR3/Update 3) fro anywhere

Access lock screen settings from anywhere

View Battery information i.e remaining battery percentage from anywhere (including lock screen and other apps) and launch battery saver screen.

The app will come with a free trial. There will be a version for WP7 although it will pack fewer features (battery info, location and Bluetooth info will be missed out).

The app is likely to come out within the next week, watch this space.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for supporting Windows Phone by developing new apps. I'm sure that a lot of people will find this app useful. Good luck with it.

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
wooh... Thanks man for your app and supporting WP8. I absolutely like your Kirik range of apps specially Kirik Video Share.

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Only possible option how this could work is to use (or exploit :)) overlay window for music players right? Given OS limitations I don't see any other possible way. Anyway if this will work like you said, congrats. It could be awesome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99